• Even at 5-0, we can be stronger with STAT

30 81.08%
  • No, he will mess it all up!

4 10.81%
  • STAT who?

3 8.11%
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242539 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

What exactly does an Insured contract mean? Would it have gave us the right to void Amare's contact if he had a major knee injury?

Veteran

Looks like the Knicks made it official about Stat's injury.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Knicks just announced that Amare Stoudemire needs "left knee debridement" and is out approx. 6-8 weeks.

Veteran

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    What exactly does an Insured contract mean? Would it have gave us the right to void Amare's contact if he had a major knee injury?
    No you couldn't void his contract, it's guaranteed but if his injury is a career ending injury the Knicks could apply for an injury exception from the NBA get his salary off our cap space and pay him with insurance money.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    No you couldn't void his contract, it's guaranteed but if his injury is a career ending injury the Knicks could apply for an injury exception from the NBA get his salary off our cap space and pay him with insurance money.
    Ah i see thanks.

Lurker

I wonder if he's ever going to be a difference maker for this team again. Man, the last 2 years he just can't hold up.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    honestly if he needs another microfracture surgery, I think he should retire. His knees are done at that point. He'd still get his money but we could move on

We'd rid his 21mil off the cap and be at 51mil with the league cap around 60mil. so we got 9mil to work with possibly 12mil if Kidd retires like I think he will. Sign Paul Millsap long term, use the 2013 1st Round Pick on a developmental Center like Willie Cauley from Kentucky and sign Bo McCalebb as our back up PG since I personally think Pablo and Kidd will retire at the end of the year. Grab a young SF to back up Melo like Terrence Williams. Another shooter like Kyle Korver, bring back Jared Jeffries as an energy big and a young 3rd PG like Kenny Boynton probably bring back Chris Copeland

Tyson Chandler
    Paul Millsap
    Carmelo Anthony
    Iman Shumpert
    Raymond Felton

JR Smith
    Marcus Camby
    Steve Novak
    Bo McCalebb
    Terrence Williams

Jared Jeffries
    Kyle Korver
    Willie Cauley
    Kenny Boynton
    Chris Copeland

I can only dream

^

We've got the 16th pick in 13 and 14 as well, don't we? Something like that.

With all these expiring contracts heading the Knicks' way come the end of 14-15, we're gonna need some youth to rebuild this team. The Nets will still have Hopez, Williams, Brooks, Johnson and D Will under contract, alongside 2 high picks - 6th/7th over the next 2 years, I think.

Default How true is this, I wonder?

“Something else is going on in his knee besides the Baker’s cyst,” said Stephen E. Blythe, a Miami surgeon who’s been practicing for more than 40 years and has experience treating pro athletes. “It’s unusual to rest someone that long. I’d be looking at really what’s wrong with the inside of his knee that causes a Baker’s cyst, and how is that going to affect things?”

The surgeon goes on to say that even if it was a ruptured popliteal cyst, which may have required a surgical procedure to clean up the inside of his knee, it wouldn’t take up to eight weeks for Stoudemire to heal.

The surgeon, also, said he believes the Knicks are withholding information.

“There’s information there that you don’t know about,” he said. “It sounds to me like (the Knicks) are just giving some information, but not full information about what’s going in the knee. The only way you’ll know if there’s more to it than what they say is if the team or the surgeons are willing to give that info to you.”

To add fuel to the fire, another orthopedist surgeon who currently works for a championship-contending team said, “Stoudemire’s knees, at this point in his career, are like a 70-year-old’s.”

Stoudemire is entering the third season of his five-year $100 million, which is uninsured because of his ailing knees.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

All seems a little far fetched to me. Have to wonder what measure of truth is in there regarding the Knicks' withholding information regarding Stoudemire.

How shocked would we not be if Dolan wanted to keep the media's nose out of another of his mistakes?

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    “Something else is going on in his knee besides the Baker’s cyst,” said Stephen E. Blythe, a Miami surgeon who’s been practicing for more than 40 years and has experience treating pro athletes. “It’s unusual to rest someone that long. I’d be looking at really what’s wrong with the inside of his knee that causes a Baker’s cyst, and how is that going to affect things?”

The surgeon goes on to say that even if it was a ruptured popliteal cyst, which may have required a surgical procedure to clean up the inside of his knee, it wouldn’t take up to eight weeks for Stoudemire to heal.

The surgeon, also, said he believes the Knicks are withholding information.

“There’s information there that you don’t know about,” he said. “It sounds to me like (the Knicks) are just giving some information, but not full information about what’s going in the knee. The only way you’ll know if there’s more to it than what they say is if the team or the surgeons are willing to give that info to you.”

To add fuel to the fire, another orthopedist surgeon who currently works for a championship-contending team said, “Stoudemire’s knees, at this point in his career, are like a 70-year-old’s.”

Stoudemire is entering the third season of his five-year $100 million, which is uninsured because of his ailing knees.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

All seems a little far fetched to me. Have to wonder what measure of truth is in there regarding the Knicks' withholding information regarding Stoudemire.

How shocked would we not be if Dolan wanted to keep the media's nose out of another of his mistakes?
    I knew it, the day it was posted that he had a "Bruised Knee" i said it was more to it than that.

Im not blaming Amar'e simply because he did what he had to do in the offseason in order to come back for a great season but he just got unlucky is all but to hold info back and say 6-8 weeks may just be a smoke screen for a larger injury that they dont want to title simply because it would scare fans away.

What sounds better, a ruptured cyst or a torn meniscus?

the knicks will be ok.... If this is serious though unfortunately Amare is under contract for 3 years. The knicks would be under a lot of pressure to move him in order to keep Melo who with his 2014 Player option will be heavily recruited by teams like the Lakers who would love to make him the star post Kobe.

i feel extremely sorry for that guy. He have tragic 2k12 year brother's death and his hand story. He need retire? no just limited time of play
    this guy is too emotional-frustration.He still have contract for 2 years but i think no other team will want some1 with many injures Ming rietierd but he was simply to thin and to tall.

look where now is Hamburger Curry.

Veteran

Originally Posted by REALHEAT
    surprise surprise.....Amare is hurt again
    LOL exactly!!!!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Amare looking like a hobo.

shoulda.... coulda..... woulda....not sayin this is his fault, but from a management standpoint it sure looks like it woulda been a great move.

Didn't realize this thread first appeared before we used it on Billups. Back then I wasn't for using it in him just yet, but I definitely believed that clause should have been reserved for Amare when he gets hurt. I'm sure there could have been other ways to land Tyson but it looks like we are stuck. Par for the course for a team that once screwed up the "Allan Houston clause" by using it on a different player lol