2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CA7

Scoring Champ
It was never a question of whether Carmelo and Stoudemire can fit offensively since with Billups here they averaged 26/7/3 and 23/8/2 respectively but defensively. Then we got Chandler but had no PG now get Chandler and 2 very capable PG's to get them flowing

carlito1171

Rookie
True Stat and Novak on the floor together might not look pretty... it all comes down to how motivated Stat is defensively.

Pablo
Jr
Novak
Stat
Wallace

this could be a very good lineup to throw out their

very nice spacing lineup

gotta hope Stat holds up on D

Novak is starting to get better, even though he will never be a lockdown defender.

smokes

Huge Member
It was never a question of whether Carmelo and Stoudemire can fit offensively since with Billups here they averaged 26/7/3 and 23/8/2 respectively but defensively. Then we got Chandler but had no PG now get Chandler and 2 very capable PG's to get them flowing

This is a good point actually. When they played together with a competent distributor the offense was pretty nice. I had totally forgotten about this, I think I wiped that month out of my mind after the heartbreaking defeat to the Celtdicks.

CoolClyde

STAT should be the first big off the bench, letting Chandler get some rest, and
allowing Feltip and Kidd to do the P&R with him, whilst playing the C position.

then when Prigger comes in, he can also pass to STAT. the case being, I'd like to see
STAT work with all the PG's until he's comfortably back in the rotation.

Wood Son is gonna have to play it by feel, to get the right combos down, without
forfeiting the current winning brand of bball Knicks have down.

STAT can play the 4 and move Melo to the 3 when Knicks are up against a big lineup, like Memphis.
as we know, Melo can play playmaker when he wants, perhaps he'll make a conscious decision
not to go into instant iso mode and look for STAT on the P&R or backdoor move.

can't wait!
stat_santa.jpg

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Maybe im being too hard on Stat but im not really a big fan of this. I would rather see him with a more aggressive approach. Had he said something like "I dont mind coming off the bench when i first get back but that starting job is mine and ill do whatever it takes to get back to where I was when i first joined the Knicks" Id respect that alot more.

The thing about Stat is he says whatever the fans wanna hear. The media and fans had been talking about Stat as a 6th man, so he comes out and says he'll come off the bench. Hes been misleading us fans since he was brought here. I doubt he'll be back for more then a few weeks, i see him constantly being on and off the court for the rest of his short career. Now dont get it twisted, im not hoping for this.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Something most people here aren't taking into consideration... having Amare back in the starting lineup diminishes Chandler's high % production on the offensive end. Obviously Amare can match TC's offensive production but certainly not at the same clip. If its going to take Amare 15+ shots to get 20 points too often then that will be a problem. Especially if he's still the same on defense. All of this will play itself out in the 1st few games, but I wouldn't be surprised if he performed better off the bench with the 2nd unit. I definitely agree with everyone who says our trio of pgs will make his transition easier.

Red

TYPE-A
Stat dropped 20 & 10 last playoffs vs the Heat

...after surgery

...with stitches

...and a hand-wrap!

That was WITH MELO (wow amazing!)...

Lesser skilled PG's...

Vs the eventual champs (did I say that already? Repeated for context)...

...and we won.

*the 1st Knick playoff victory in how long? Too long.

I didn't even get into his entire Knick career, where he broke Patrick Ewings record with a poor cast surrounding him, or what he did vs KG the 1st playoffs he was a Knick.

He has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Kiyaman

Legend
Just red some great reeds in da thread ..
Our 12-4 Knicks are a 48 minute halfcourt offense/defense team ..
Our next 16 games have 10 tough competitive oponents in the schedual ..
How well will our 48 minute halfcourt rotation do in the next 16 games ..
We have to add more running transition in our offense for quick easy points ..
Competitive oponents will take advantage of our walk the ball up court offense.

A 20-9 Amare belongs on a running transition team and lineup ..
Do we have any running-offensive-players to put in a lineup with Amare?
If not look for ???? to trade Amare for Pau Gasol

Running-Players -vs- Halfcourt-Players

PG-Kidd/Pablo -vs- Felton
SG-Brew/Shump -vs- JR.Smith
SF-Copeland -vs- Melo/Novak
PF-Amare -vs- Rasheed/K.Thomas
C-Camby -vs- Tyson

Amare learning post-up moves are for a halfcourt-offense ..
Amare coming off the bench means we have a halfcourt-offensive starting lineup.

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
I've been resistant to Stat coming off the bench because I still think he's got a lot of game in him left, and he and 'Melo haven't really had a chance to gel yet. But I'm starting to warm up to the idea a bit. I think he and Wallace could compliment each other pretty well coming off the bench, with Wallace taking more outside shots and Amar'e on the block/in the pick and roll.

But who would end games? Personally, I think the best five individual players should be on the floor:

Felton
JR
Melo
Stat
Chandler

Would be hard taking Shump off the floor if he's guarding a big name 2, though. And Kidd. Hell, minutes will be tough to come by, and clutch minutes even more so

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Stat dropped 20 & 10 last playoffs vs the Heat

...after surgery

...with stitches

...and a hand-wrap!

That was WITH MELO (wow amazing!)...

Lesser skilled PG's...

Vs the eventual champs (did I say that already? Repeated for context)...

...and we won.

*the 1st Knick playoff victory in how long? Too long.

I didn't even get into his entire Knick career, where he broke Patrick Ewings record with a poor cast surrounding him, or what he did vs KG the 1st playoffs he was a Knick.

He has earned the benefit of the doubt.

thankyou red! my mannn

platnumn

Benchwarmer
From Rotoworld:

Amare Stoudemire (knee surgery) would not commit to a return on Christmas day.
"We'll see," he said. Stoudemire also told friends that it's "guesswork" he'll be back on Christmas day, and it doesn't sound like a firm date has been established for his return. He remains targeting a return in late December, but it's a guessing game as to exactly when he'll be back. Dec 3 - 8:39 AM

We all know the Knicks and there injury reporting. This is not good news.

I predict we don't see STAT until the second or third week in January. This sucks.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I hope that's not the case, I traded Jonas Valanciunas for Amar'e in my fantasy yahoo league.

I need Amar'e back asap to offset the loss of JOnas's production

KingCharles34

All Star
From Rotoworld:

We all know the Knicks and there injury reporting. This is not good news.

I predict we don't see STAT until the second or third week in January. This sucks.

I actually do think he'll be back late this month. But i think he'll be injured sometimes in the 2nd or 3rd week of January

manny_shrug1.jpg

Red

TYPE-A
Congrats to STAT. Now get back to work!

121212WeddingPhoto060159--300x300.JPG

Amar?e Stoudemire*and his fianc?e,*Alexis Welch, got married in a super-private ceremony on the rooftop of his apartment yesterday. Sources say the couple was inspired by the special 12/12/12 date, and wed in front of their three children ?*Amar?e Jr.,*Ar?e*and*Assata? and a few other family members. ?Less than seven other people were there, no Knicks teammates. It was just about them,? a source said.

*the knee looks fine so let's get it!