• Even at 5-0, we can be stronger with STAT

30 81.08%
  • No, he will mess it all up!

4 10.81%
  • STAT who?

3 8.11%
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456782232 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

At least Melo can score some points, Amare is garbage all around. I would waive him in a hurry, I've been saying this for a while now. The way im feeling right now, F*ck both of them. They're the 2 worst defensive all star caliber players in the league.

Maybe you guys didn't realize this.
    You get ONE "amnesty" dump...ONE. Which we ALREADY used on Billups, to sign Chandler. So this thread is as useless, as it is stupid.

the original objective of this thread was to stir up an interesting debate since the premise was very feasible and realistic (although we would have to substitute Dwill for CP3 since CP3 is gonna resign with the clips)

the resurfacing of this thread was to point out that many of us have been too high on stat and hes peaked and even if he hasnt, the alternative of getting dwill is still the better option.

we know we've already used the amnesty, this is a discussion, ignorance from people like you doesnt contribute much

Yup, pardon my ignorance. I didn't realize at first this thread was from November. But the fact that it was brought back doesn't make much sense to me either...must be be that damn ignorance of mine again. My apologies.

Wow.. if we amnesty amare, i doubt he will ever show his face in NYC again..

as much as i wouldnt want to see him get waivered, we really could get much better using his salary..

Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    Wow.. if we amnesty amare, i doubt he will ever show his face in NYC again..

as much as i wouldnt want to see him get waivered, we really could get much better using his salary..
    RELAX GUY...... we cannot amnesty anyone anymore , we already used our one amnesty on billups

I think that there are some teams that would trade something decent for Amare and his max contract before he would be amnestied (even if we had more than the one we blew on Billups)

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default 2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

All news and updates on Amare goes here.

Our starting PF. Use to be our franchise player averaging 25 and 8 for us at one point. Injuries, tragedies occurred that set Amare back a ton, now he's very poor defensively, setting picks, and rebounding...jumpshot and scoring also regressed.

This off-season news and rumors are telling Amare is working hard to upgrade his game and live up to his contract.

Questions goes:

Can Amare stay healthy during the 82 game season?
    Can Amare play with Melo and assert himself in the offense?
    Can Amare regain his reliable mid range jumpshot he lost the past season?
    Can Amare atleast play average defense this season?
    Can Amare take pressure off of Melo and become a go to guy?
    Do you believe in Amare as a starting PF for our team?
    Last edited by metrocard; Oct 28, 2012 at 18:26. Reason: Ask Me Next Time.

The only thing that set him back was bringing Evil Guy Melo here. That's the tragedy.

The guy always sucked on defense, so it's not good that we have two Star players now that refuse to play defense.

His jumpshot will be back, I think he's had some time now to realize that he will have to hit those shots, he's a jump shooter now because the guy has been squeezed out like a pimple. Now his brain is realizing that he will have to get his from some range. That's as much asserting as he will be doing, he will assert with his jumpshot.

I believe in Amar'e as a 6th man for our team, but now I am not sure who we can start at the 4 because we traded everyone for Felton. Still, I like the idea of Amar'e heading the second unit. I think he's a guy that needs his own unit and some room to drop buckets, and he can't get that with Melo in there. So it's not that there is pressure on Melo because of Amar'e, it's the other way, Melo is exerting pressure on the gamestyles of other players, and Amar'e is the biggest victim of this.

He'll never play d, but he can put up decent numbers and we can expect his J to be butter.

Veteran

What becomes of Amare is a tough one to figure out. I'm not hearing much about Stat in the off season and it worries me a bit. I know last year was a tough one for him but I think he's working on his game while grounding himself and reflexing a bit on his life right now. IMO, he should be coming back strong and determined...with a hugh chip on his shoulder. Plus, he's married now, most dudes after settling down they become focused. I think he knows he will have to bring his A game this year. Woodson and the other defensive bigs will condition Stat and make him better, I doubt that he's ever had a defensive minded coach before.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    What becomes of Amare is a tough one to figure out. I'm not hearing much about Stat in the off season and it worries me a bit. I know last year was a tough one for him but I think he's working on his game while grounding himself and reflexing a bit on his life right now. IMO, he should be coming back strong and determined...with a hugh chip on his shoulder. Plus, he's married now, most dudes after settling down they become focused. I think he knows he will have to bring his A game this year. Woodson and the other defensive bigs will condition Stat and make him better, I doubt that he's ever had a defensive minded coach before.
    Amare is suppose to be working with Hakeem sometime soon during the off-season to work on his Post game.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Amare is suppose to be working with Hakeem sometime soon during the off-season to work on his Post game.
    The deal with Amare to be is him playing out of pace, he seems uncomfortable playing next to Melo, playing PF offensively and having Tyson clog up the middle.

If Amare can turn himself into more of a Chris Bosh mold and get his jumper consistent, I'd be very happy because thats where I see him excelling in the offense. Amare improving his post game, good news for us also. I never expect Amare to play defensively for us because that just isn't him, so all I hope for is a productive offensive season because he is our second option and if he's not scoring well, who's next on our scoring option? Smith? Shumpert? low FG% scorers. See, that formula to me is destined for losing.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    The deal with Amare to be is him playing out of pace, he seems uncomfortable playing next to Melo, playing PF offensively and having Tyson clog up the middle.
    I still think Amare plays his best as captain of the 2nd team. Although, that was last year when the Knicks had a dearth of talent to afford 2 teams. Still, as a secondary C (to give Chandler the rest he really needs), Amare is pretty good. He has length to block shots and grab rebounds, and he works well in a two-man show (STAT and Tyson or STAT and Melo) -- it's when you have too many stars on the paint where things go south. But I don't disagree that if Amare gets a consistent close/mid-range jumper (not those 20' shots he was forcing late last season), he will be incredibly difficult to guard.

Although I have to ask.. who's left on the Knicks to play the 4/5 positions? Thomas? Camby? I may miss Jeffries' rebounding already.

Originally Posted by pakopako
    Although I have to ask.. who's left on the Knicks to play the 4/5 positions? Thomas? Camby? I may miss Jeffries' rebounding already.
    Camby is a rebounding machine. He'll a huge upgrade as a big coming off the bench.

#Amare interview

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]