View Poll Results: We'll be BETTER with STAT

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Even at 5-0, we can be stronger with STAT

    30 81.08%
  • No, he will mess it all up!

    4 10.81%
  • STAT who?

    3 8.11%
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112132737 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 588

Thread: 2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

  1. #91
    Member JaYnYcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718


    Look under your avatar, you see the little green bars thats your Rep Power #repped is just me saying i gave you some green rep
    Nice, thanks brah.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #92
    Member JaYnYcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #93
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    more on #Amare

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Carmelo may be my favorite players but i'm really looking forward to seeing STATS post game this season, if its on point i feel the chemistry between Melo & Amare will flow smoothly. One problem i'm sure we all have noticed is Amare and Melo basically operate on the same areas on the court which causes some congestion on the court leading to alot of Iso Shots. If Amare can work down low in the post and Caremlo can do his thing out on the perimeter this is going to be a fun season to watch.

  4. #94
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    more on #Amare

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Carmelo may be my favorite players but i'm really looking forward to seeing STATS post game this season, if its on point i feel the chemistry between Melo & Amare will flow smoothly. One problem i'm sure we all have noticed is Amare and Melo basically operate on the same areas on the court which causes some congestion on the court leading to alot of Iso Shots. If Amare can work down low in the post and Caremlo can do his thing out on the perimeter this is going to be a fun season to watch.
    but melos at his best down low

  5. #95
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hayato
    but melos at his best down low

    If Amare is serious about using his Post game, i can see Woody having Carmelo Space the floor a little more and run some plays for Amare in the post. It would work better if Amare was at the 5 and Carmelo is at the 4, but Melo is very capable of playing out on the perimeter we have seen this during the olympics (and in my GIF ) he can score from just about anywhere on the floor.

    one of the reasons Chandler and Dirk were such a perfect couple (PAUSE) no homo lol, was because of Dirks lethal post up ability and scoring ability. Chandler was able to control the paint and (NOT) be in dirks way. IF Amare can bring the 2010 MVP canidate Amare back out with this newly added post game of his and we can get the USA OLYMPICS carmelo that just won a gold Medal $hits going to get real
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Aug 14, 2012 at 23:24.

  6. #96
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    I wouldnt mind seeing Melo and Amare work together a couple times a quarter. I think they should run the pick and roll, Melo's agile enough has good enough passing skills. Its tough to defend when you have someone with a mid range jumper like Melo coming off the pick and someone who might still be a good finisher (Stat) rolling towards the rim. Tyson Chandler proved last year that hes a very underrated pick and roll player as well, while he might not be the most skilled offensive player he is a smart offensive player. I think Stat will look smarter next year on offense, like i said before this team is better suited for him now. Hes just gotta be in shape and stay healthy, hes the biggest x factor on this team

  7. #97
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Thumbs up

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718

    If Amare is serious about using his Post game, i can see Woody having Carmelo Space the floor a little more and run some plays for Amare in the post. It would work better if Amare was at the 5 and Carmelo is at the 4, but Melo is very capable of playing out on the perimeter we have seen this during the olympics (and in my GIF ) he can score from just about anywhere on the floor.

    one of the reasons Chandler and Dirk were such a perfect couple (PAUSE) no homo lol, was because of Dirks lethal post up ability and scoring ability. Chandler was able to control the paint and (NOT) be in dirks way. IF Amare can bring the 2010 MVP canidate Amare back out with this newly added post game of his and we can get the USA OLYMPICS carmelo that just won a gold Medal $hits going to get real
    It certainly will, and if Amar'e can find his shot on the baseline, ala Karl Malone, then the whole team benefits through the spacing and the movement as he relocates.


    Rotating, relocating, moving through that semi circle between the baseline and the FT line. Add a baby hook, an across the lane running jumper, a back to the basket pull-up, you name it; an inside game provides spacing, opportunity, an effective (potentially) 2 man game between our best player and best interior finisher as shown in the above set.

    I am with you all the way on that.


    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I wouldnt mind seeing Melo and Amare work together a couple times a quarter. I think they should run the pick and roll, Melo's agile enough has good enough passing skills. Its tough to defend when you have someone with a mid range jumper like Melo coming off the pick and someone who might still be a good finisher (Stat) rolling towards the rim. Tyson Chandler proved last year that hes a very underrated pick and roll player as well, while he might not be the most skilled offensive player he is a smart offensive player. I think Stat will look smarter next year on offense, like i said before this team is better suited for him now. Hes just gotta be in shape and stay healthy, hes the biggest x factor on this team


    I've been pining for a P&R between STAT and Melo. 2 players that finish effectively, one at 6'8 and the other at 6'10, both can shoot, both can barrel. It's like having a 12 gauge and shells, but never loading the f'ing thing when it's time to unleash it.

    Amar'e is the biggest X factor on this team, but the X's and O's to bring about his success individually/alongside the underrated passer, Melo, are equally as massive.

    Woodson, apparently, was the advocator and initiator of STAT working with Hakeem, so please, PLEASE, Woody, get this clicking. D'Antoni was too enveloped in his system and straight ignored the tandem that every other coach would sprunk their pants over adding to their playbook. Woodson's up, and his time - in turn with STAT and Melo's approach - is now. Make it happen.

  8. #98
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718


    Look under your avatar, you see the little green bars thats your Rep Power #repped is just me saying i gave you some green rep
    That gif is wicked.

    I just realised that whenever you run your cursor over those green squares, there's a subsequent message that pops up according to how many there are. Never knew.

    I shall now go forth and masturbate to Asian porn.

  9. #99
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I don't think Amare could guard Hakeem at his age now.

  10. #100
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    That gif is wicked.

    I just realised that whenever you run your cursor over those green squares, there's a subsequent message that pops up according to how many there are. Never knew.

    I shall now go forth and masturbate to Asian porn.
    haha i love that gif, and wow now that you said that i'm just now noticing too. Nice find i'd rep but sadly i still have to wait a few hours before i can give out more. =p

    & Asian porn? Not a bad selection





  11. #101
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,479
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    apologies for bringing this thread back to STUDmire, but here's a good article from
    New Yawk Times on Hakeem's school of post moves:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    no comments on the faggot tweet? wtf? Howie Beck is a twat.

  12. #102
    Superstar Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    apologies for bringing this thread back to STUDmire, but here's a good article from
    New Yawk Times on Hakeem's school of post moves:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    no comments on the faggot tweet? wtf? Howie Beck is a twat.
    Ha! JaVale McGee is going to be there as well? Can't wait to read the article on how that goes.

    It's nice that Hakeem is talking about how excited he is to see Amar'e put these skills on the floor and how quickly he's picking it up, but I'm reasonably sure he's said that about everyone who's gotten his training.

  13. #103
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default


  14. #104
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Loved the manoeuvre at 0:32. That alone is gonna be huge for us as we space the perimeter between opposite posts for STAT & Melo.

  15. #105
    Member JaYnYcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Another article on STAT and his post game. This one delves more in depth on STAT's success in the post from his past.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 568
    Last Post: May 22, 2013, 19:42
  2. 2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 334
    Last Post: Apr 24, 2013, 12:11
  3. Replies: 90
    Last Post: Mar 23, 2013, 14:59
  4. Replies: 127
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2013, 14:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •