2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Forrest17

Rotation player
Well the logical answer is no.

But the logical answer to the question
"is it realistic for the lakers to choose Mike D'Antoni over 11 time champion Phil Jackson who is ready to come back and coach?"

is also no. Yet that happened. Maybe we should test the Lakers sanity with a trade offer

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Jim Buss is the key to all this. Buss has wanted to start his own thing. Distance himself from the Jackson era....it includes Gasol and if Amare deems healthy enough, Buss is stupid enough to make the move, just to spite Phil Jackson. Didn't D'Antoni have both Amare and Shaq in Phoenix for a few months?

metrocard

Legend
I don't see why Lakers would trade Gasol. Him and Nash playing together is just a tool and senseless thing to give up. They're the only passers on the team.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Come on, really?

Do you honestly think that Kobe Bryant would let it happen? Would anyone remotely actively minded in the league endorse it to the Lakers? If, by some miracle, the mere thought of the trade was entertained in LA, it'd get shot down in milliseconds.

I don't blame anyone for jumping in to wishful thinking, but this is pretty extreme.

Just ask yourself ~ "would I make that trade if I were the LAL GM?"

One can only Dream

Amare will be a knick until his contract is up!!! after the (2014-2015) season...

Correct!

It's gonna take a consistent 20, 10 and 2 from Amar'e to even be given a whiff of a trade scenario. But what would those individual numbers cost the Knicks?

iJoe

Rotation player
I would trade Amare for Marc Gasol.

That would never happen either.

Amare has negative value right now. Eddy Curry has more value then him right now with Amare's toxic contract and injury history.
We really should shut down any trade talks about him until he comes back.

New New York

Quiet Storm
The only way that couldve have even possibly have happened was for Amare to have played in all the Pre Season games, looked dominate on offense and much improved on D and then sustained that good play through our first 2 encounters with The Lakes when he would have had to dominate Gasol.

Then Gasol wouldve had have fallen out of favor with Dantoni and Kobe

And even then they wouldve have demanded we include Shump in the deal and/or swap Jason Kidd for Duhon in the package

So basically....there is no way that this is gonna happen.

Seriously Amare is not going anywhere for atleast the next 2 seasons, so there is no realistic trade for him

Kiyaman

Legend
Pau Gasol is the main reason why the Lakers couldnt do a THREE-REPEAT Championship
two seasons ago.
Pau Gasol has been to damn laid back in the paint positioning as a center, getting in the way of Bynum, and now Howard.

Dantoni is not a better strategic-coach than Mike Brown ..
Dantoni gain a great relationship with Steve Nash while Shawn Marion
called all the shots in Phoenix. Kobe Bryant will be calling all the shots
while Dantoni & Nash open-transition control the tempo of games ..
where do Pau Gasol fit into the mix? he dont! unless used as Howard's backup.

Amare is a super-star F/C who could do without "ISO-Melo" calling all the shots on the offensive-end.
Knicks Fans do not want to see an injury Amare traded to the next team to become instantly healthy to perform in FIFTY plus straight games putting up star performance stats.

Lakers Buss was a big fool when he got rid of point-foward Odom, which put relentless presure each game on old-head PG-Derrik Fisher ..
Buss foolishness to dismantle a 2009 championship Lakers team into another
Championship contender for super-star Kobe Bryant by changing star
players and headcoaches to make a 2nd round playoff team.
Buss knew coach Phil Jax were going to redo the Lakers roster and coaching-staff ASAP
by trading a white super-star Pau Gasol along with Ron Artest for players that will
imediately jump on the same-page with Nash/Kobe/Howard .. Amare, Shump, and Prig....
Grunwald would jump on that trade.
:smokin::smokin::smokin:
:gony:

knicksin60

Starter
Amar'e was only brought here because of MDA.

It is like buying a house because you want to please your wife but she ends up divorcing you later on and all that you're left with is a mortgage to pay.The only options that you have is to either pay the rest of the mortgage or get your ex wife and her new lover to take the house and its expenses from you.

D'antoni is no longer here and the culture of the Knicks has completely changed in such a way that Amar'e's chances of playing any type of major role on this team has dwindled dramatically. Even if Amar'e comes back and is healthy I don't think that his body will hold up in the long run.

The only way that the Lakers trade for him is if D'antoni gets off to a slow start with them and convinces the Lakers' front office that his style of coaching could only work with a player like Amar'e at the PF position.

Not without packaging Shumpert and a pick maybe.. Right now Pau is probably the better payer and he's on a cheaper contract. Lakers would never make a trade that might be even or where they could come out the losers in..

Starks

Starter
God I hope so. It drives me crazy we couldn't use our amnesty get out of jail free card on him. I know using it on Billups got us Tyson but there must have been some other way to get him here. Was that the only way?

p0nder

Starter
sheed>gasol

Amar'e will come back and play well for us. I'd hate to trade him to the lakers and have him hand us our asses with that line up...

Yes, and no.

It's realistic because it makes perfect sense. Pau Gasol is worthless in the D'Assholio system. As Knicks fans we've seen how many players that were unused or poorly used here but went to other places and became succesful players. (Corey Brewer, Jordan Hill, Darko, Brian Cardinal, Nate Robinson, ect).

Pau Gasol's case will be very similar to Carmelo's. Both of them thrive in a half court system and get a lot of their point on post ups. In Pau's case if you take away post ups and working on the boards then all he really has is a mid ranged jumper.

With Amare, the Lakers would have a second pick and roll option with Dwight, and It gives Nash another weapon on the fast break, which the D'Antoni system is all about.

The D'Antoni system's answer to defense is more offense, and in a system where it's all about speed led by Steve Nash and Mike D'Antoni, you're not gonna have problems with Dwight and Amare clogging up the paint as an earlier poster suggested. Just more fast paced offense. and unlike the Knicks offense the Lakers have three other guys to go through when they need scoring. Amare won't have to do as much as he does here where he is the second scoring option. Which will keep him and his old man knees much healthier.

Pau Gasol fits into Mike Woodson's Knicks aswell. He's a great defensive player who can rebound, post up, and shoot a mid range J. He fits with Melo who also thrives in a half court offense instead of the speedball offense Amar'e thrives in.

Pau doesn't need someone to create for him as well. He can play off the ball unlike Amare. Melo can continue to be a superstar with Pau and score 30 a game while Pau will score a quiet yet efficent 15-20 pts, and will grab all the rebounds he wants. This team desperately needs someone to pull down boards and Pau can fill in on that task as well

So it's a perfectly realistic trade. It makes sense for both teams and players and If i was ether GM I would be trying to get this done as soon as humanly possible. But the thing is there are plenty of logical NBA trades that would benefit both teams that just haven't and may not ever happen. Hopefully in this case it gets done. I give it a 50/50 shot of happening within the next two seasons. 25% chance it happens this year.

Kiyaman

Legend
Amar'e was only brought here because of MDA.

It is like buying a house because you want to please your wife but she ends up divorcing you later on and all that you're left with is a mortgage to pay.The only options that you have is to either pay the rest of the mortgage or get your ex wife and her new lover to take the house and its expenses from you.

D'antoni is no longer here and the culture of the Knicks has completely changed in such a way that Amar'e's chances of playing any type of major role on this team has dwindled dramatically. Even if Amar'e comes back and is healthy I don't think that his body will hold up in the long run.

The only way that the Lakers trade for him is if D'antoni gets off to a slow start with them and convinces the Lakers' front office that his style of coaching could only work with a player like Amar'e at the PF position.

Just an opinion ....

After Amare spent one season under coach Gentry (bigman-rotation) there was no-way Amare would want to play for a small-rotation coach Dantoni .. It was the $MONEY$ that got Amare to sign with Knick$$$

During the ALL-Star FA offseason Amare were the first ALL-Star FA signed, plus Amare (broken-Knee) were going to be signed by some team before Bosh & Boozer was signed .. Donnie Walsh was lucky he had a $100M to spend.

knicksin60

Starter
Just an opinion ....

After Amare spent one season under coach Gentry (bigman-rotation) there was no-way Amare would want to play for a small-rotation coach Dantoni .. It was the $MONEY$ that got Amare to sign with Knick$$$

During the ALL-Star FA offseason Amare were the first ALL-Star FA signed, plus Amare (broken-Knee) were going to be signed by some team before Bosh & Boozer was signed .. Donnie Walsh was lucky he had a $100M to spend.

Wasn't Amar'e one of the players on the Knicks that were disappointed that D'antoni had quit last season? Amar'e was signed by the Knicks because he was a D'antoni type of player that had past success under his system. Walsh's plan was for Mike D'antoni to have the right players to win a championship.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Straight up?? Maybe in the bizaroo world..

No seriously, slim chance. Gasol is a real good two-way talent. He is a winning player.

Amare is not a winning player because he is defensively inept.