2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You're underrating Thomas and Camby.

They are 40 year olds. Players their age generally don't take you to the promise land. Much respect for what they've done in the past. And they will help from the second unit. Thomas starting just shows the lack of depth in our front court.

Well this sucks, I kind of already had a clue that something was wrong when he missed the game vs Boston. Hopefully he doesn't miss anymore than 3 weeks and throughout the season he loses the injury bug. We need to figure out how to get Amare and Melo to work as soon as possible but all of these injuries are making it difficult.

metrocard

Legend
They are 40 year olds. Players their age generally don't take you to the promise land. Much respect for what they've done in the past. And they will help from the second unit. Thomas starting just shows the lack of depth in our front court.

Camby is 37 and he average 7.6 ppg, 2.8 apg, 1.3 spg 14.1 rpg with 2.3 bpg per 36 minutes. Camby is extremely productive and more productive than most 20 years at his position. Camby is fragile, and always been. That's been his only weakness in his career. If Camby can produce at that same rate he did last year which won't be a surprise because Camby has constantly produced at a high level post injury and have proven it so many times that it's the most logically thing to have Camby start next to Chandler to create an elite defensive frontcourt and solidify our defense the entire season.

as for Kurt Thomas, he'll give you 8 and 8 and is a great passer and elite post defender. We need post defense, and passing at the PF position over Amare's scoring.

Amare is bench to be utilized as an Al Harrington off the bench scoring spark when Melo needs relief.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Amare and Melo are not compatible.

They should spend as litle time on the court together as possible.

Last edited:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Amare being injured is not a good thing at all for this team who already has too many players missing quality time to build chemistry. The most important factor Amare and Melo's chemistry is gonna take a even longer to develop now. But I would not say their not compatible if they both want to they can make it work it will take time. Like somebody else said it took Wade and Lebron until like January to click and on paper their even more incompatible than Melo and Amare.

And as good the vets are and how promising Copeland looks this team NEEDS Amare to play at a high level to go anywhere Melo cannot carry them in the playoffs and you can't rely that much on Camby and Kurt Thomas. Not to mention trading him is out of the question because nobody will take him.

It's annoying that he's injured I was really looking forward to seeing his new post game and chemistry with Melo. But I was watching NBAtv and they were talking to this doctor and he was saying this injury is not a big deal at all and the 3 week time period is really just precautionary the rest is really for his bone bruise and these type of injuries usually only take a week or two to heal. He also said he wouldn't be surprised if Amare plays on opening night.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Amare being injured is not a good thing at all for this team who already has too many players missing quality time to build chemistry. The most important factor Amare and Melo's chemistry is gonna take a even longer to develop now. But I would not say their not compatible if they both want to they can make it work it will take time. Like somebody else said it took Wade and Lebron until like January to click and on paper their even more incompatible than Melo and Amare.

And as good the vets are and how promising Copeland looks this team NEEDS Amare to play at a high level to go anywhere Melo cannot carry them in the playoffs and you can't rely that much on Camby and Kurt Thomas. Not to mention trading him is out of the question because nobody will take him.

It's annoying that he's injured I was really looking forward to seeing his new post game and chemistry with Melo. But I was watching NBAtv and they were talking to this doctor and he was saying this injury is not a big deal at all and the 3 week time period is really just precautionary the rest is really for his bone bruise and these type of injuries usually only take a week or two to heal. He also said he wouldn't be surprised if Amare plays on opening night.

Yeah well us Knick fans are all too familiar with hoping Amare is fully healed. At this point I'm guessing no one on this board is thinking he'll actually be ready for the opener. Unfortunately its just better when we think this way with Amare.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Yeah well us Knick fans are all too familiar with hoping Amare is fully healed. At this point I'm guessing no one on this board is thinking he'll actually be ready for the opener. Unfortunately its just better when we think this way with Amare.

I don't think he's gonna play in the opener either honestly I was just saying that to show how minor this injury is according to that Dr.

But I forgot to put in my previous post even though I think eventually Amare and Melo can play together I still would like to see Amare get more minutes with the 2nd unit. If they do get their chemistry in order they'll still play their best apart imo.

Camby is 37 and he average 7.6 ppg, 2.8 apg, 1.3 spg 14.1 rpg with 2.3 bpg per 36 minutes. Camby is extremely productive and more productive than most 20 years at his position. Camby is fragile, and always been. That's been his only weakness in his career. If Camby can produce at that same rate he did last year which won't be a surprise because Camby has constantly produced at a high level post injury and have proven it so many times that it's the most logically thing to have Camby start next to Chandler to create an elite defensive frontcourt and solidify our defense the entire season.

as for Kurt Thomas, he'll give you 8 and 8 and is a great passer and elite post defender. We need post defense, and passing at the PF position over Amare's scoring.

Amare is bench to be utilized as an Al Harrington off the bench scoring spark when Melo needs relief.
Yo Metro, what part of the BX you from?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Amar?e out indefinitely for Knicks
By MARC BERMAN
Last Updated: 9:31 AM, October 27, 2012
Posted: 2:30 AM, October 27, 2012

Though Tyson Chandler said he ?absolutely?? expects to be on the Brooklyn floor Thursday for the season opener despite his left-knee bone bruise, nobody can say when Amar?e Stoudemire and his ailing left knee will step onto a court again.

According to a confidant of Stoudemire, the Knicks? ailing power forward will have his MRI exam looked at by his former orthopedist with the Suns for a second opinion. Stoudemire is not visiting Phoenix, however.

Stoudemire was holed up in the treatment room Friday at the team?s Westchester campus. He hasn?t spoken to reporters in eight days ? since he made his preseason debut in Montreal and reported feeling fine.

AMAR?E STOUDEMIRE
Seeks 2nd opinion on knee.
The Knicks have given a timetable of at least two to three weeks, but coach Mike Woodson said Friday he really doesn?t know when Stoudemire will be back as he battles his latest injury ? a ruptured cyst in the back of his left knee.

Contrary to reports, however, Stoudemire did not have microfracture surgery in 2005 on his left knee. It was his right knee.

?I have been speaking to him,?? Chandler said. ?My whole thing is for him to stay mentally strong right now. I know he wants to be out there. It?s more important to have him out there healthy. Right now we got to keep his spirits up.??

The Knicks have talked about Stoudemire in graver terms than their timetable suggested. Carmelo Anthony, last Saturday in Syracuse, called Stoudemire?s situation ?sad.??

Nevertheless, the Knicks? wobbly frontcourt rotation is sharpening into focus for opening night, with Chandler and Rasheed Wallace a yes and Marcus Camby and Stoudemire a no-go.

In fact, Woodson said he doesn?t expect Camby (calf strain) back at practice until at least Tuesday. That would be four weeks since he first hurt himself after the Knicks gave him a 7-to-10-day timetable.

The Knicks? frontcourt depth is already being tested. Kurt Thomas, 40, will start at power forward on opening night, probably alongside Chandler.

?Hopefully we can pick up the pieces and hold the fort until the guys get back,?? Woodson said. ?I?m hoping that?s the kind of team we have. I feel good about the team we assembled in that regard. Last year we had so many injures and got caught off balance not having enough to support those injuries. This year I think we do.??

At least Chandler is on pace. Nursing a bone bruise he suffered in Wednesday?s preseason finale, he didn?t practice yesterday and had treatment. The MRI exam result was a sigh of relief for Chandler, who thought there was structural damage with his ligaments, either a sprain or tear.

He is listed as ?day to day?? and is shooting to return to practice Monday.

?I?m doing good, good news all the way around, looking forward to being back on the floor with my teammates,?? Chandler said. ?I?m hoping I can get back on the floor Monday. I just got to take it easy the next couple of days, let it come down a little bit. ??

Woodson was more cautious than Chandler, saying he couldn?t say for certain his starting center will be ready.

It all means the press is on for Wallace, The Knicks didn?t have any full-court scrimmage Friday ? only halfcourt. It was the first time Wallace participated in contact drills and is expected to play Thursday after missing the entire six-game preseason schedule with conditioning issues.

?I thought Rasheed looked pretty good,?? Woodson said. ?He got through the conditioning and banging. I think he?s going to be fine. He?s got to be in a little more game shape.??

Saturday, Wallace will compete in his first full-court scrimmage and Woodson is just hoping he?s the same defender he was before he retired in 2010.

?I?m just looking for, can he keep up?,?? Woodson said. ?Can he still compete and do the things necessary from a defensive standpoint. I still think he can make a shot. That?s not my worries. My worries is making sure he can defend the post, get up and down and defend the pick and roll actions.??

Chris Smith, who had left knee surgery early in camp, was waived Saturday.

[email protected]

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...e9HlploB4DN?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Knicks

tiger0330

Legend
Amar'e Stoudemire out for first 5 weeks of 12-13

NY Sports Talk ‏@NYSportsTalk

BREAKING NEWS: Amare Stoudemire will miss the first 5 weeks of the season for the #Knicks.

tiger0330

Legend
Amar'e Stoudemire out for first 5 weeks of 12-13

BREAKING NEWS: Amare Stoudemire will miss the first 5 weeks of the season for the #Knicks.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

I_aint_even_mad_493_You_mad_Bro-s485x364-193971-580.jpg

Last edited: