• Even at 5-0, we can be stronger with STAT

30 81.08%
  • No, he will mess it all up!

4 10.81%
  • STAT who?

3 8.11%
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151630 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

Damn this sucks. My dude cant catch a break. Hes out for the opener which means hes out for the HOME opener a day later obviously. Sucks!

Opening Night

No Stoudemire
    No Shumpert

maybe

No Brewer
    No Camby

Told you guys theres always more than just a "Bruised" knee...

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I called it last night....Trade this p*ssy right NOW
    but to whom is the issue? Well 2-3 isn't bad this is like what 1 week into the regular season. Yeah that first week is against the Nyets and the Heat but the season is a marathon not a sprint.

I wish he were out for the season.. We honestly play better without him.. The ball moves when its just Melo out there, We play better on the defensive end too.. we get rebounds..
    Last edited by StEpHoN_mArBuRy; Oct 21, 2012 at 16:37.

Amare's injury is NEW THREAD worthy news you lazy bums!!

i agree with kingstarbury im done with STAT trade him, he will have knee injuries for the rest of his career it's not worth it at all keeping him and on top of that him and Carmelo just cant seem to fully get it clicking on the court... sure they have their moments here and there but i just dont see it ever working up to the expectations were hoping for.

Maybe ill be eating crow later this season..and hopefully i am.

I',m not trying to be negative here, but Amare cant even keep himself on the court to even develop the chemistry and it's not his fault at all he just has bad knees sadly
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Oct 21, 2012 at 17:11.

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718

i agree with kingstarbury im done with STAT trade him, he will have knee injuries for the rest of his career it's not worth it at all keeping him and on top of that him and Carmelo just cant seem to fully get it clicking on the court... sure they have their moments here and there but i just dont see it ever working up to the expectations were hoping for.

I',m not trying to be negative here, but Amare cant even keep himself on the court to even develop the chemistry and it's not his fault at all he just has bad knees sadly
    Its STAT who needs to adjust everyone said it was Melo

STAT has a low IQ, all he knows is catch dunk or catch shoot.

He never does any follow screens/slips/pops, he cant catch it drive it and kick or dump done, very low IQ player

I don't think he is tradable until next season the soonest since it will be a potential expiring. Everybody else who would fit salary wise aren't gonna trade with us. Joe Johnson is on the nyets, Boozer is literally waiting to be amnestied, Iggy (who i was for trading for) is on the Nuggets and you know they aren't helping the knicks out. Maybe Bynum for philly but I doubt it since Bynum will likely sign for less money and thats just a salary dump. Maybe we trade him to a ****ty desperate team for some picks but that seems to be the opposite of the win now ideology the knicks have right now.

The knicks are stuck with Amare as far as I can see and won't be able to move him until 2013-2014 the earliest. Also you want to avoid any sort of Ewing deal that has negative long term repercussions. So the best thing the knicks can do honestly is let him heal and stick to the 2015 plan.
    Last edited by Wargames; Oct 21, 2012 at 17:41.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    I don't think he is tradable until next season the soonest since it will be a potential expiring. Everybody else who it would fit aren't gonna trade with us. Joe Johnson is on the nyets, Boozer is literally waiting to be amnestied, Iggy (who i was for trading for) is on the Nuggets and you know they aren't helping the knicks out. Maybe Bynum for philly but I doubt it since Bynum will likely sign for less money and thats just a salary dump.

The knicks are stuck with Amare as far as I can see and won't be able to move him until 2013-2014 the earliest.
    We should have made the deal with Philly when it was offered

STAT for Iguodala and a pick I think it was

Originally Posted by CA7

yeah but right now thats impossible the best thing the knicks can do is continue to "go for it now" and then try to figure out who can they move amare for a year early that would let them have cash in 2014 cause 2014 FA looks a lot better than 2015 FA. if not then take your chance is 2015 and maybe wait until 2016.

I honestly don't know in the NBA 3 seasons is way to long to make a iron proof plan for. the Last time the knicks did that it led to the Amare situation they are in now. The smart thing would be is not to do nothing drastic unless you was 90% sure it was a really good move.

Huge bummer. This has got to be just as frustrating to him, as it is to all of us. My man Amar'e has been working hard in the off season and its painful to see that he's injured before we even get to start the season. This has become a regular event for Knicks fans since his arrival. If its that time of the year already, let me start it off...

STAT and JR for Josh Smith

Originally Posted by Wargames
    but to whom is the issue? Well 2-3 isn't bad this is like what 1 week into the regular season. Yeah that first week is against the Nyets and the Heat but the season is a marathon not a sprint.
    2 to 3 weeks isnt that bad but the way things have gone for Stat the past year and a half I wouldnt be surprised to see him injured again shortly after returning, not that this is what im hoping for.

Exactly how I feel, Stat was one of the funnest players to watch in his prime. But sadly it appears as if the end of his prime was the first half of the 2010-11 Season

Originally Posted by CA7
    Its STAT who needs to adjust everyone said it was Melo

STAT has a low IQ, all he knows is catch dunk or catch shoot.

He never does any follow screens/slips/pops, he cant catch it drive it and kick or dump done, very low IQ player
    I also agree with this, hes just clumsy. I almost question now how things worked so well for him in Phoenix. Marion did alotta the dirty work and Nash was always the real genius behind that team. With Stat being as bad as he is defensively, its just amazing to look back and say he was a star player on a team that took the Spurs to game 7 of the conference players.

Superstar

We should cut our losses and trade Stat for Zaza Pachulia and some extra arm sleeves for Melo

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    We should cut our losses and trade Stat for Zaza Pachulia and some extra arm sleeves for Melo

Originally Posted by CA7

Was that offer confirmed? Thought that was all rumour and speculation.