2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Starting Dec 6, if STAT's 5-week timetable is followed, these are next ten games for the Knicks....
@Miami

@Chicago

vs Denver

@ Brooklyn

vs Los Angeles

vs Cleveland

vs Houston

vs Brooklyn

vs Chicago

vs Minnesota

I'm more worried for the team when STAT does come back because his presence will not jive with Melo again and **** up the chemistry that the team presumably have worked for by early December.. and we all know about his phenomenal defense. :boohoo:

We look wayyyy worse defensively when he's in the game, based on what I've seen from preseason play. Maybe this injury is a blessing in disguise.

One thing's for sure though, we need both STAT & Melo clicking come playoff time if we want to even reach the ECF. I hate to say it, but Melo's legacy will be forever tarnished if his team gets booted from the first round again. Unfair.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Starting Dec 6, if STAT's 5-week timetable is followed, these are next ten games for the Knicks....
@Miami

@Chicago

vs Denver

@ Brooklyn

vs Los Angeles

vs Cleveland

vs Houston

vs Brooklyn

vs Chicago

vs Minnesota

I'm more worried for the team when STAT does come back because his presence will not jive with Melo again and **** up the chemistry that the team presumably have worked for by early December.. and we all know about his phenomenal defense. :boohoo:

We look wayyyy worse defensively when he's in the game, based on what I've seen from preseason play. Maybe this injury is a blessing in disguise.

One thing's for sure though, we need both STAT & Melo clicking come playoff time if we want to even reach the ECF. I hate to say it, but Melo's legacy will be forever tarnished if his team gets booted from the first round again. Unfair.

KingCharles34

All Star
Melo or Kurt Thomas at PF? Its gonna be a tough call for Woody, we could also go Camby or Novak at PF but i dont like those options quite as much...although i do see some plus's with them that has me still considering them. With Camby obviously you would get defense and shotblocking. With Novak you get offense which we will need some nights. Theres a bunch of players on the team that will score 10 to 15 points on different nights but Melo will have to be the leader on a nightly basis offensively. I would go to Chandler alot with Stat out, Chandlers capable of averaging as much as 15 just off of mostly dunks.

Crazy⑧s;250972 said:
doing-it-wrong-ball_2.jpg

From now on, big Knick news like this should have its own thread made. The forum looks ridiculous without major headlines, and the news and opinion threads should just be based purely on opinion. Either that or just f*cking delete them.

If you find any new major articles the likes of Amar'e's injury, be sure to make a new thread, and keep the site looking up to date.

Any threads that don't make the cut as big news will be merged in to the player news and opinion threads AFTER they've been given a chance to have EVERYONE comment on them.

Hiding them in a mess of news and opinions is retarded. It was not well thought out, and limits the user experience on the site. It makes our site look unused and unpopular.

I agree but I gotta say u guys shouldnt feel to bad about it, i thought it might be a good idea at first too. Over time i realized more and more that it wasnt and I agree with everything u said verbatim.

KingCharles34

All Star
Melo or Kurt Thomas at PF? Its gonna be a tough call for Woody, we could also go Camby or Novak at PF but i dont like those options quite as much...although i do see some plus's with them that has me still considering them. With Camby obviously you would get defense and shotblocking. With Novak you get offense which we will need some nights. Theres a bunch of players on the team that will score 10 to 15 points on different nights but Melo will have to be the leader on a nightly basis offensively. I would go to Chandler alot with Stat out, Chandlers capable of averaging as much as 15 just off of mostly dunks.

Crazy⑧s;250972 said:
doing-it-wrong-ball_2.jpg

From now on, big Knick news like this should have its own thread made. The forum looks ridiculous without major headlines, and the news and opinion threads should just be based purely on opinion. Either that or just f*cking delete them.

If you find any new major articles the likes of Amar'e's injury, be sure to make a new thread, and keep the site looking up to date.

Any threads that don't make the cut as big news will be merged in to the player news and opinion threads AFTER they've been given a chance to have EVERYONE comment on them.

Hiding them in a mess of news and opinions is retarded. It was not well thought out, and limits the user experience on the site. It makes our site look unused and unpopular.

I agree but I gotta say u guys shouldnt feel to bad about it, i thought it might be a good idea at first too. Over time i realized more and more that it wasnt and I agree with everything u said verbatim.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Yep. Any hoop site that doesn't have stand out update threads/articles is a failure.

You in the Billy Hoyle challenge, KS3? You should be.

Have a p*ssy flavoured day! :peace:

CoolClyde

hmmm, Amare's 2012-13 salary is approx $20M (twenty million dollars!)

$20M / 82 games = approx $244,000/game

missing 5 weeks yields approx 18-20 games lost, about 1/5 of the season.

$20M / 62 games = approx $323,000/game, meaning for every 3 games SHAT plays, he's making a million bucks this year!!

I can understand not signing Lin at this point, as the Knicks are getting raped by SHAT's injuries.

f*ck that SHAT!

bring back David Lee!

erivera

Benchwarmer
as long as stat isn't out the whole season i'm not too worried

i feel like this stat injury could be a blessing in disguise. the knicks didn't get off to a great start last year, but i felt like they were forcing things at the start. this year we know melo will be the primary scorer and felton will be the ball handler secondary scorer. if rasheed can give them solid play to start the season, i don't think stat's injury will be a huge blow.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
if cope can give us 12-16 points ill be completely fine with stat being out. we all saw how well tyson was doing with amare out in pre season. we got the capable point guards to get us the open looks for more scoring, we'll be fine.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
hmmm, Amare's 2012-13 salary is approx $20M (twenty million dollars!)

$20M / 82 games = approx $244,000/game

missing 5 weeks yields approx 18-20 games lost, about 1/5 of the season.

$20M / 62 games = approx $323,000/game, meaning for every 3 games SHAT plays, he's making a million bucks this year!!

I can understand not signing Lin at this point, as the Knicks are getting raped by SHAT's injuries.

f*ck that SHAT!

bring back David Lee!

This is just painful to read.

Nice math work there, CoolC. All of that cash for STAT to tempt LeBron James to be a Knick, and look how it's payed off. 6 months of greatness (still only hovered around .500), followed by a year and a half of disappointment. Nice one, James.

The fire extinguisher was the low point, of course, but the lack of ball IQ this guy's displayed throughout the .400(ish) record he and Anthony have managed to produce together - I'm sick of this non stop f*ckery, honestly. And he's signed for 2 seasons after the one that's on the brink of starting.

He has an early termination option in that final year, but why would he bother? He's the league's worst and uninsured contract, making him the hardest player in the league to trade. He'll take that final year on and probably play 1/3 of the season.

We're stuck with him, for sh*tter or for worse.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
i feel like this stat injury could be a blessing in disguise. the knicks didn't get off to a great start last year, but i felt like they were forcing things at the start. this year we know melo will be the primary scorer and felton will be the ball handler secondary scorer. if rasheed can give them solid play to start the season, i don't think stat's injury will be a huge blow.

Absolutely agreed. I don't think STAT's necessarily done, but the timing of the injury. Just horrible. At this stage, he's just insurance in case Melo goes down. If that were to happen and he played exceptionally well (dreaming) we should look to unload him on to the stupidest GM in the league ASAP.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Crazy⑧s;251204 said:
Absolutely agreed. I don't think STAT's necessarily done, but the timing of the injury. Just horrible. At this stage, he's just insurance in case Melo goes down. If that were to happen and he played exceptionally well (dreaming) we should look to unload him on to the stupidest GM in the league ASAP.

David Kahn just felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. There's a bad trade to be had.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Nostalgic rant

David Kahn just felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. There's a bad trade to be had.

:lol:

I'm still dirty at that bag of douche for snaking his way in to the Melo trade. Sure, he got d*ck all for his efforts, but he opportunistically involved himself with Dolan's stupidity.

david-kahn-the-worst.jpg

Add to that D'Antoni's disinterest in Corey Brewer, who we got from Minny for Curry's expiring (half paid), Anthony Randolph and $3M cash, because he didn't need a defensive wing.

It was retarded. Then, to add to the idiocy, Dolan thinks he can swing a trade for CP3 with Chauncey Billups as the chief piece of interest.

David Khan is probably the stupidest GM, but comparatively with Dolan, he's a f'ing cosmonaut. :barf: