2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigapple

Starter
i feel extremely sorry for that guy. He have tragic 2k12 year brother's death and his hand story. He need retire? no just limited time of play
this guy is too emotional-frustration.He still have contract for 2 years but i think no other team will want some1 with many injures Ming rietierd but he was simply to thin and to tall.

look where now is Hamburger Curry.

metrocard

Legend
amare-flooded-car.jpg

Amare looking like a hobo.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
shoulda.... coulda..... woulda....not sayin this is his fault, but from a management standpoint it sure looks like it woulda been a great move.

Starks

Starter
Didn't realize this thread first appeared before we used it on Billups. Back then I wasn't for using it in him just yet, but I definitely believed that clause should have been reserved for Amare when he gets hurt. I'm sure there could have been other ways to land Tyson but it looks like we are stuck. Par for the course for a team that once screwed up the "Allan Houston clause" by using it on a different player lol

TakMan

Rotation player
Stoudemire will do well when he returns. This is the first year where he took the initiative to develop his game. He trained with one of the best Centres this league has ever seen and if he's picked up even a fraction of what Olajuwon taught him, then he will have added at least one dimension to his game. Recognise the effort he's made and wait for him to step on the court before forming an opinion on a player who carried this team to the playoffs for the first time in 6 years, and gave us our first winning season since 2000.

CA7

Scoring Champ
The dumb thing we did was accepting Billups' option instead of buying him out then using the cap space to sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Billups using his bird rights

And then when we get to this **** scenario we have a team of

Carmelo Anthony
Chauncey Billups
Tyson Chandler
Iman Shumpert
Amar'e Stoudemire
JR Smith
Steve Novak

This off-season

Still do the Marcus Camby sign and trade deal, instead of signing Kidd and Prigioni bring over Bo McCalebb as our back up Point Guard, sign Mickael Pietrus instead of James White, we also keep Jared Jeffries instead of trading him for Felton and KT. Trade up in the draft and take Jae Crowder.

C- Tyson Chandler
F- Amar'e Stoudemire
F- Carmelo Anthony
G- Iman Shumpert
G- Chauncey Billups
G- JR Smith
C- Marcus Camby
F- Steve Novak
F- Mickael Pietrus
G- Bo McCalebb
F- Jared Jeffries
F- Jae Crowder

Thats a monster team

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Billups' amnesty

One of the decisions our front office made that I did not understand was exercising our option to sign on to Billups final option year at $14.5M rather than declining the options and paying the contract buy-out for about $3.7M. The latter number would have counted against our cap and we would not have had Billups who was later amnestied at the full $14.5M. We needed some room to sign Chandler, but there should have been enough with the almost $11M that would have been dropped if we did not exercise our option on his last year.

We had to know that Amar'e's health might well be a problem going forward.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
The sucky part is that while amare is stilk tradeable it's gonna mean we lose shumpert because that's the only enticing piece that we have.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
The sucky part is that while amare is stilk tradeable it's gonna mean we lose shumpert because that's the only enticing piece that we have.

I doubt Amare is tradeable at this point. Horrible offensive performance last season, even worse defensive performance. Injury-prone big man who is injured right now. Terrible season + 2 back-to-back injuries (3 if you count the fire extinguisher incident) equals big devaluation

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
SHAT
Sitting Hurt And Talkative

:teeth:

SHAQ and C Webb seem to think that STAT's absence will be detrimental to the team. Personally I think his absence will help the team form a defensive identity, because forming one with him would have been nigh on impossible.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2012/11/02/20121101-gametime-stoudemire-update.nba

Carving out the defensive mentality and then forcing him to adjust once it's in place doesn't sound so bad to me.

KingCharles34

All Star
Man I dont even want Stat to comeback. Hes gonna f*ck up our defense and chemistry. We're better on both ends of the court without him

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
That's exactly the same feeling many people had about Melo last year... I still have some believe in SHAT, but IMO it's a matter of time before he'll end up with our second unit. I highly dount he's able to pick up his D like Melo did...

metrocard

Legend
That's exactly the same feeling many people had about Melo last year... I still have some believe in SHAT, but IMO it's a matter of time before he'll end up with our second unit. I highly dount he's able to pick up his D like Melo did...

This.

Stat's lack of effort on defense isn't my concern.
It seems like Stat is so new to the concept of defense, we can blame it on D'Antoni for raising Stat in Phoenix, and D'Antoni doesn't preach defense (which is weird since he was a defensive player in Italy)

Stat is kinda like a lost cause, can we expect a transformation?

We Sheed, Thomas, Novak, and Anthony play so well at the forward position, and Camby hasn't even returned yet...the need for Stat seem to have lost complete value.

It'll be harder to trade him now, unless a team is desperate (Bobcats?)

Knicks trade
Amare Stoudimire

Bobcats trade
Ben Gordon
Diop
1st Round pick

Bobcats
Walker/Session
Henderson/Williams
Kidd-Gilcrist/Taylor
Stoudimire/Thomas
Mullens/Biyombo

Knicks
Kidd/Felton/Prigioni
Shumpert/Smith/Gordon
Brewer/Novak/White
Anthony/Thomas/Copeland
Chandler/Camby/Wallace

Talk about crazy depth, plus that first round pick. *Drools*

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

Thats how I feel except I don't think really think he'll come off the bench he'll start and play most of his minutes off the bench.

I was looking forward to him and Melo playing together but thats gonna be post poned he needs to start taking some extreme measures to limit his injuries as much as possible.

I still think he'll be good when he comes back offensively after a few games defensively I don't expect anything more than a few blocks a game.

And also he is not getting traded because the Knicks are not gonna trade him for a gang of role players and nobody is gonna give up a star for him with his health. Knicks fans should just hope he can stay healthy for the rest of the year when he gets back.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I'm thinking more like we need to find a sucker GM who wants a big name to fit with his team who will send some of his young guys to a team who will send us a good replacement

I got it

Knicks get- Paul Millsap and Daequan Cook
Rockets get- Amar'e Stoudemire, Raja Bell and Chris Copeland
Jazz get- Terrence Jones, Cole Aldrich, Toney Douglas and Marcus Morris

G- Felton/Kidd/Prigioni
G- Shumpert/Smith/Cook
F- Anthony/Brewer/White
F- Millsap/Novak/Wallace
C- Chandler/Camby/Thomas

Millsap is a way better fit with Carmelo and and he can be played with Tyson so we dont have to downsize when Miami plays small ball