30 81.08%
  • No, he will mess it all up!

4 10.81%
  • STAT who?

3 8.11%
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 317181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

Stopped reading after Amare will "Defend and Defend well"

I would have said you were crazy two weeks ago but I was watching the lone Pre Season game Stat played in I saw some real encouraging signs

Now..that Europe kid made him look like a D League player in a one on one situation, but in terms of team D I saw some nice stuff from Stat.

I saw communication and rotaion on Defense and help on the board.

now consider when he returns Wallace will possibly be much better and Camby should be more healthy plus Woody is bold enough to sit him if he does not play D then I think Stat will be motivated because it is going to be what keeps him on the floor.

What has me the most excited is getting that pick and roll game back with Felton....I appreciate the 3's falling now...but we can't win for long with shooting 20+ per game.

Stat would give us mid range shots and shots close to the basket which should help even more with 3 pt shooting but would help us not be totally reliant on them.

Agreed and his unit will be good as the starting 5..CAMBY WALLACE STAT PRIGIONI KIDD...
    or JR Smith for KIDD
    With
    Copeland...for Wallace

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    Playing defense and getting boards are not entirely about athletic ability. It's about player's determination. Amare has never played defense in his entire career. I wonder what makes the OP think that he would start doing it now.

I do think Amare will make our offense more potent.

we all said the same about Melo and look what he`s done so far ...... I do believe he will try ..... and give effort .... agree with OP ........ my only complaint with OP...... dude PLEASE DON`T USE GODS NAME IN VAIN !!!!! AND CAPS G IN GOD

Lets hope amare plays defense, but heres the thing.

Amare does not need to be a great defender. just good. We still have tyson holding his own in the middle. but amare needs to get into all those hustle plays and scrambles for the ball, which i have never seen. So i personally dont know if amare can or cant play defense we just know that he doesnt.

Hopefully he is watching the knicks playing now and learning that party time on the defensive end just wont fly anymore..

Veteran

Nyk Logo

i'd be happy enough if he stops dribbling into traffic and turning the ball over...guaranteed.. our turnovers will increase when he is on the floor....play him off the bench with prigioni

You get a guy like Sheed in his ear, who still can show him how to do it, can only be positive.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7
    We're gonna start STAT and likely Shumpert for 2 reasons, 1 that starting 5 is our 2013 starting 5 most likely and 2 small ball wont work all year long

I think we should do what Doc does with KG and give STAT 5/6 minute spurts to keep him fresh and healthy, I think thats whats best for our team
    Just no reason to start Stat......No need to disrupt the starting 5....just like JR bring him in and use him accordingly

Stat will start. I heard Woody on 98.7 yesterday while i was stuck in jersey city. He said he doesnt believe a starting job should be lost due to injury. i agree, Stat worked hard ths offseason and deserves a chance to start when he comes back. If it dont work after a couple games Woody will use him off the bench its simple. He wont be shy.

All that hard work that Stat put in can be flushed down the toilet. Hes gonna have to re work himself back into shape again. I dont wanna see him get more then 20 minutes a game off the bench. Anymore then 20 minutes for Stat and we'll be giving up more then 100 points a game

we need some who can score more than 20+ besides Melo

others are 3pt shooters n JR wont be shooting ~20 each game.

i wana see P&R felton stat and kidd stat.

We need his offensive game, but with his lack of any defensive abilities I'm afraid we'll score additional 20 points with him in the lineup but still allow 25...

This is a shock thread

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    We need his offensive game, but with his lack of any defensive abilities I'm afraid we'll score additional 20 points with him in the lineup but still allow 25...
    An additional 20!? That's never gonna happen. We'll give up the points, lose some chemistry, do even worse on the boards, but not score a higher total.