4 10.81%
  • STAT who?

3 8.11%
Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 519202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

Superstar

Well the logical answer is no.

But the logical answer to the question
    "is it realistic for the lakers to choose Mike D'Antoni over 11 time champion Phil Jackson who is ready to come back and coach?"

is also no. Yet that happened. Maybe we should test the Lakers sanity with a trade offer

Jim Buss is the key to all this. Buss has wanted to start his own thing. Distance himself from the Jackson era....it includes Gasol and if Amare deems healthy enough, Buss is stupid enough to make the move, just to spite Phil Jackson. Didn't D'Antoni have both Amare and Shaq in Phoenix for a few months?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I don't see why Lakers would trade Gasol. Him and Nash playing together is just a tool and senseless thing to give up. They're the only passers on the team.

One can only Dream

Amare will be a knick until his contract is up!!! after the (2014-2015) season...
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Nov 13, 2012 at 07:56.

Question Mark Come on, really?

Do you honestly think that Kobe Bryant would let it happen? Would anyone remotely actively minded in the league endorse it to the Lakers? If, by some miracle, the mere thought of the trade was entertained in LA, it'd get shot down in milliseconds.

I don't blame anyone for jumping in to wishful thinking, but this is pretty extreme.

Just ask yourself ~ "would I make that trade if I were the LAL GM?"

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    One can only Dream

Amare will be a knick until his contract is up!!! after the (2014-2015) season...
    Correct!

It's gonna take a consistent 20, 10 and 2 from Amar'e to even be given a whiff of a trade scenario. But what would those individual numbers cost the Knicks?

unrealistic thread. Lakers F.O. is too smart to allow it.
    unless Shump is included in deal. then maybe.

I don't think Gasol fits with our team. Don't want him here.

I would trade Amare for Marc Gasol.

Superstar

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    I would trade Amare for Marc Gasol.
    That would never happen either.

Amare has negative value right now. Eddy Curry has more value then him right now with Amare's toxic contract and injury history.
    We really should shut down any trade talks about him until he comes back.

The only way that couldve have even possibly have happened was for Amare to have played in all the Pre Season games, looked dominate on offense and much improved on D and then sustained that good play through our first 2 encounters with The Lakes when he would have had to dominate Gasol.

Then Gasol wouldve had have fallen out of favor with Dantoni and Kobe

And even then they wouldve have demanded we include Shump in the deal and/or swap Jason Kidd for Duhon in the package

So basically....there is no way that this is gonna happen.

Seriously Amare is not going anywhere for atleast the next 2 seasons, so there is no realistic trade for him

Veteran

Question Mark

Pau Gasol is the main reason why the Lakers couldnt do a THREE-REPEAT Championship
    two seasons ago.
    Pau Gasol has been to damn laid back in the paint positioning as a center, getting in the way of Bynum, and now Howard.

Dantoni is not a better strategic-coach than Mike Brown ..
    Dantoni gain a great relationship with Steve Nash while Shawn Marion
    called all the shots in Phoenix. Kobe Bryant will be calling all the shots
    while Dantoni & Nash open-transition control the tempo of games ..
    where do Pau Gasol fit into the mix? he dont! unless used as Howard's backup.

Amare is a super-star F/C who could do without "ISO-Melo" calling all the shots on the offensive-end.
    Knicks Fans do not want to see an injury Amare traded to the next team to become instantly healthy to perform in FIFTY plus straight games putting up star performance stats.

Lakers Buss was a big fool when he got rid of point-foward Odom, which put relentless presure each game on old-head PG-Derrik Fisher ..
    Buss foolishness to dismantle a 2009 championship Lakers team into another
    Championship contender for super-star Kobe Bryant by changing star
    players and headcoaches to make a 2nd round playoff team.
    Buss knew coach Phil Jax were going to redo the Lakers roster and coaching-staff ASAP
    by trading a white super-star Pau Gasol along with Ron Artest for players that will
    imediately jump on the same-page with Nash/Kobe/Howard .. Amare, Shump, and Prig....
    Grunwald would jump on that trade.

Amar'e was only brought here because of MDA.

It is like buying a house because you want to please your wife but she ends up divorcing you later on and all that you're left with is a mortgage to pay.The only options that you have is to either pay the rest of the mortgage or get your ex wife and her new lover to take the house and its expenses from you.

D'antoni is no longer here and the culture of the Knicks has completely changed in such a way that Amar'e's chances of playing any type of major role on this team has dwindled dramatically. Even if Amar'e comes back and is healthy I don't think that his body will hold up in the long run.

The only way that the Lakers trade for him is if D'antoni gets off to a slow start with them and convinces the Lakers' front office that his style of coaching could only work with a player like Amar'e at the PF position.

Not without packaging Shumpert and a pick maybe.. Right now Pau is probably the better payer and he's on a cheaper contract. Lakers would never make a trade that might be even or where they could come out the losers in..

God I hope so. It drives me crazy we couldn't use our amnesty get out of jail free card on him. I know using it on Billups got us Tyson but there must have been some other way to get him here. Was that the only way?

sheed>gasol

Amar'e will come back and play well for us. I'd hate to trade him to the lakers and have him hand us our asses with that line up...