2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Stat is a 20-10 bigman that need to work on his inside/outside passin skillz more than anything else .. turnovers & selfishness should be band from the 2012-13 Knicks.

The Knicks BIG-3 biggest problem has been ..
Tyson has no passin-skills
Stat has no passin-skills
and Melo has no passin-skills
funny how all 3 can catch an alley-oop pass but cant throw one lol

Our BIG-3 frontcourt would be dynamic if they could pass the ball half as good as the Chicago Bulls front-court bigmen

I recall a time when Zach Randolph & Boozer had no passin-skills, but not anymore .. their defensive-skillz are still the same.
Melo has passing skills.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah, I was about to say. Melo can pass the ball pretty well for a forward of his size. He's not a LeBron when it comes to running an offense, but his mid-range game is way better so it makes up for it.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Damn doctors told Woodson to Limit Amare's already limited minutes. Not good

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...cks-get-fewer-minutes-thursday-doctors-urging

I don`t see any problem with this. It`s obvious that when a player comes back from an injury that his minutes should be limited. He played too many minutes against the Celtics. Of curse his knee will be sore. Body parts that have been injured are always sore when you put stress and strain on them a little while after your recovery.

Just because a player is cleared to play it doesn`t mean that the body has completely healed. The knee will be sore for a little while until STAT is "game fit" so I see no problem with this. In truth, it`s not much of a story.

Of course, the Knicks have a history of not being honest about these kinds of things so there may be more to it. But if they are being honest then a sore knee after playing 28 minutes coming off of knee surgery is really a non story.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I don`t think we could trade Amare. Would anybody take a 30/31 year old with an uninsured $100m contract and dodgy knees?

metrocard

Legend
I think we can, unfortunately it'll cost us shump.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Knicks trade
Amare Stoudimire
Iman Shumpert
James White
Chris Copeland

Bobcats trade
Kemba Walker
Bismack Biyombo
Diop
Thomas
Williams

Bobcats

Sessions/Gordon
Shumpert/Henderson/White
Kidd-Gilchrist/Taylor/Copeland
Stoudimire/Adrien
Haywood/Mullens

Knicks
Walker/Felton/Prigioni
Kidd/Smith/Brewer
Anthony/Novak/Williams
Camby/Thomas/Thomas
Chandler/Biyombo/Wallace

Waive Diop

knicksin60

Starter
The Amare signing is starting to look like one of the top 10 worst signings in Knicks history.He is getting paid 20 million dollars to be a role player and is a big disappointment to watch.I don't see much of a difference between the Eddy Curry signing and the Amare signing other than the fact that the Knicks gave up two picks in the former.Both of these players gave us half a season of all-star level production but then ended up underperforming and being plagued by injuries.I don't see why the NBA can't allow teams to amnesty a player on their roster at least more than one time.so sick of these bad contracts crippling teams that are trying to be a contender.

metrocard

Legend
The Amare signing is starting to look like one of the top 10 worst signings in Knicks history.He is getting paid 20 million dollars to be a role player and is a big disappointment to watch.I don't see much of a difference between the Eddy Curry signing and the Amare signing other than the fact that the Knicks gave up two picks in the former.Both of these players gave us half a season of all-star level production but then ended up underperforming and being plagued by injuries.I don't see why the NBA can't allow teams to amnesty a player on their roster at least more than one time.so sick of these bad contracts crippling teams that are trying to be a contender.

Sadly, this is true...

I don't think Amare can recover from what he was 2 seasons ago.

metrocard

Legend
Amare's contract is basically 50 million now, and no Bobcats won't part with Walker.

Just keep Shump for the rebuild.

I love Shump, so I can't appose to this.

I'm just so desperate to dump Amar'e

I feel what he gives offensively he doesn't make for on rebounding and defense.

nyk_nyk

All Star
It doesn't matter how much Amare recovers. He's lost a lot of his speed and hops so he will have trouble scoring the way he use to. Most times when he drives to the basket he gets stripped or blocked. Part of the problem is that he keeps the ball too low. He should look at what guys like Duncan and Gasol do in the post. If he can't get that jumper right then its def over for him.

knicksin60

Starter
Sadly, this is true...

I don't think Amare can recover from what he was 2 seasons ago.

The disappointing thing is that the Knicks practically acquired Amar’e at the end of his superstar career. Any guy who begins playing at an NBA level as a teenager and who has a history of suffering a majoir injury before the age of 25 should be a red flag for any gm interested in signing him.

Donnie Walsh should have learned from the Phoenix Suns front office not to sign a star whose team didn’t want to build around. Like you’ve mentioned in an older thread, the Suns didn’t want to resign him for a very good reason. They knew that he was an injury or two away from ending his career. Walsh should have already been an expert at evaluating players with major health issues after the situation that took place with Cuttino Mobley.

The problem began with the summer of Lebron and the anticipation of the Knicks to come out of the free agent class very high. Donnie Walsh didn’t want the previous move of blowing up the roster to look like a failure and for the Knicks to continue being irrelevant after selling their fanbase hope of a winning and successful future.And that’s when the desperation of signing a guy like Amar’e came into play. Walsh was willing to do anything to convince Lebron James that a roster with a player of Amar’e Stoudemire’s caliber then any player that was on Cleveland and New Jersey’s roster. I also believe that Walsh felt that he had to sign the first available free agent on the market in order to entice Lebron to choose the Knicks over teams that already had a top 10 superstar like the Miami Heat and the Chicago Bulls. The Knicks ended up throwing a lot of their free agent money on Amar’e knowing that there was no way that he was going to turn down their offer.

I don’t believe that Amar’e Stoudemire was brought here to be the next Patrick Ewing and the cornerstone of a championship team. If Walsh was willing to throw money at Joe Johnson who is clearly one of the most overpaid and overrated players in the NBA then it seems like he prioritized building a team that could get out of the first or second round of the playoffs than building a team that could eventually win a title .Walsh knew that there was a great chance that Lebron was going to ditch the Knicks, which he eventually did, but he opted to go to plan b of looking for a quick roster fix. Had Walsh somehow missed out on Amar’e he would have most likely gone after Carlos Boozer.

The argument that the Knicks would have not been able to acquire Carmelo Anthony without Amar’e Stoudemire seems like a flawed argument. How was it that the Nets were in the Carmelo sweepstakes having one of the worst and noncompetitive rosters in the NBA? It seems like Carmelo was willing to go to a team that didn’t have another superstar. Even though the Knicks didn’t have draft picks they could have offered the same players that they ended up giving Denver and would have still had more than a 50 percent shot at acquiring Melo.

We fast forward to 2013 and the Knicks are stuck with a player who is a shell of his former self and who has a contract that is very difficult to unload. I could say that the Knicks have a ten percent chance of trading Amar’e before the next trade deadline only because I’ve seen guys with worse contracts traded away. If the Knicks don’t trade him this season or during the offseason and still have him on their roster a year from now I think their chances of trading him increases to 40 percent by then. As long as he is able to remain healthy going into the middle of next season his contract will be more expendable. There will be several teams that could see value in a player that averages 15 points and 8 rebounds a game that has less than 2 years on his contract. But if the Knicks aren’t able to get rid of Amar’e in the middle of next season they will most likely do so in the summer of 2014. There is no way Amar’e finishes out his contract with the Knicks.

tiger0330

Legend
It doesn't matter how much Amare recovers. He's lost a lot of his speed and hops so he will have trouble scoring the way he use to. Most times when he drives to the basket he gets stripped or blocked. Part of the problem is that he keeps the ball too low. He should look at what guys like Duncan and Gasol do in the post. If he can't get that jumper right then its def over for him.
I am going to cut him some slack because he just came back from an injury but he really looks no different than last year when he had a miserable season. Most would think this is a bad trade but maybe we could move him for Bargnani??

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/...t-as-grizzlies-maneuver-between-winning-taxes

Team executives involved in exploratory trade talks report that the Knicks (Amar'e Stoudemire), Lakers (Pau Gasol), Raptors (Bargnani) and Celtics (Paul Pierce) are open to discussing their high-profile names. In every case but one, the early indications are that none could be moved without a bad contract going back in return. (In Stoudemire's case, his health and the $45 million left on his contract after this season almost certainly will prevent any deal from happening.) The lone exception, executives say, may be Pierce, whose ruthless scoring prowess and championship experience come with another attractive feature: only $4 million of his $15.3 million salary is guaranteed next season. With the Celtics playing better since Avery Bradley returned from injury, president Danny Ainge once again finds himself trying to determine whether the remnants of the 2007-08 championship team have enough to make one more run. Some rival executives believe the Celtics recently waived Jarvis Varnado and Kris Joseph to create roster flexibility for a potential trade. If Ainge decides to stand pat, a deal involving Pierce -- which would mark the true end of the Big Three era -- could be re-examined around the draft or during free agency

Last edited: