2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
He needs to keep his role, because the role he is playing is absolutely deadly.

Health and Amare Stoudemire determines if we win a title.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Yeah now everyone wants to d1ck ride Stat!
1zb9gz5.gif
You Amare hater's are lame!

metrocard

Legend
I'm real happy for Amare he's been amazing down low I knew he'd have a good post game all the other star players that worked with Hakeem improved their low post game a lot but it seems like he's made the made the most drastic improvement he's like money to either score or get fouled.

I think a lot of Knicks fans have been too hard and disloyal to the guy a lot of criticism has been warranted but I knew he just needed time now him, Melo, and Chandler look like they can play together the Knicks have a lot of potential the only think I'd be worried about is Amare's health.

Patting yourself on the back?

It's still to early, Amare has adjusted to his role in a great fashion and we're happy for that.

But you sound like a god damn idiot when you come here and claiming people wanted Amare to fail. You're being too dramatic and too inaccurate.

Critiquing a player is not wanting to fail, when a player plays horrible, and you give an assessment, that assessment will be negative of course. It doesn't mean you want him to do worse and no here has ever stated they wished the worst for Amare. You went totally off nonsense with that statement.

We're paying Amare a lot of money, and he's in the top 10 of the highest paid players. This is the level of performance we expect from STAT and no one should be coming here patting themselves on the back saying "I told you so". Dude has been a 24-26 ppg wrecking ball for most of his career, he's battled injuries and his brothers death...now he's coming back to shape.

Expectations are being met, so it isn't a problem. Amare has to keep playing like this. This isn't a gift to us, dude owe us this.

I'm tired of this mentality from the Isaiah era where overpaid players get praise to finally playing to what their contract signifies. It's a weak mentality that needs to be vanished.

I love the way STAT is playing because it'll make our front court the BEST in the East, hands down.

Keep it up Amare.

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
today is the anniversary of stat's brother's death.
amare may have struggled last year, but how much would you care about your job if you lost a sibling? hopefully no one here has to deal with that.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Amar'e is currently in the process of taking a proverbial **** on everybody who ever doubted him.

So far, he's looking great. Some of us doubted whether or not he could develop a post game, he seems to have one. Some of us doubted his effort on defense, now it seems like he's at least trying. He's looking pretty damn good, and the fact that he's got no problem coming off the bench even though he's our second best offensive weapon is pretty beastly. He is playing well with Carmelo on the floor and shutting up his doubters for the time being...and I love it. Whatever leads to a Knicks win.

metrocard

Legend
I was a STAT doubter, and no one here has shut me up. I am happier than anyone for STAT turning it around and producing efficiently for the Knicks. Doubting STAT last year was reasonable and deserving. Nothing wrong with it, STAT had the worst season of his career, critical minded fans spoke their mind. Let them live.

and to set everything aside, STAT did lose a brother and that's some real ish I can relate to. I lost people close to me in my family and theres no other pain in the world than dealing with a death. I did give STAT the benefit of a doubt in the worst season of his career (not only performance wise, but all the drama he was going through) and STAT is showing great resilience this season.

But if you doubted STAT in the past, don't be ashamed. You're a fan and you have free speech to express your mind, don't let any clown here think that you're able to be shutdown. Wrong. We're all fans of the Knicks, and in the end we want the best for this team and even each other. We're a nation of people with one similar interest, and no one here wishes the worst for STAT just because they were displeased with a season. You can't be overly positive all the time, you need a balance.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Oh, I was doubting him too. Sure, I said all of the right things when people started ****-talking the Knicks (because, no matter who plays for the Knicks, they're still my Knicks), but deep down, I wondered if Amar'e was ever going to get back into form.

I'm so happy to be wrong on so many levels. I doubted Raymond Felton too, and I've been wrong about him since his return as well. Hopefully it keeps going like this - if me being wrong means the Knicks are winning, I'll take it gladly.