• Even at 5-0, we can be stronger with STAT

30 81.08%
  • No, he will mess it all up!

4 10.81%
  • STAT who?

3 8.11%
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 818323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

Amare's contract is basically 50 million now, and no Bobcats won't part with Walker.

Just keep Shump for the rebuild.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Amare's contract is basically 50 million now, and no Bobcats won't part with Walker.

Just keep Shump for the rebuild.
    I love Shump, so I can't appose to this.

I'm just so desperate to dump Amar'e

I feel what he gives offensively he doesn't make for on rebounding and defense.

It doesn't matter how much Amare recovers. He's lost a lot of his speed and hops so he will have trouble scoring the way he use to. Most times when he drives to the basket he gets stripped or blocked. Part of the problem is that he keeps the ball too low. He should look at what guys like Duncan and Gasol do in the post. If he can't get that jumper right then its def over for him.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Sadly, this is true...

I don't think Amare can recover from what he was 2 seasons ago.
    The disappointing thing is that the Knicks practically acquired Amar’e at the end of his superstar career. Any guy who begins playing at an NBA level as a teenager and who has a history of suffering a majoir injury before the age of 25 should be a red flag for any gm interested in signing him.

Donnie Walsh should have learned from the Phoenix Suns front office not to sign a star whose team didn’t want to build around. Like you’ve mentioned in an older thread, the Suns didn’t want to resign him for a very good reason. They knew that he was an injury or two away from ending his career. Walsh should have already been an expert at evaluating players with major health issues after the situation that took place with Cuttino Mobley.

The problem began with the summer of Lebron and the anticipation of the Knicks to come out of the free agent class very high. Donnie Walsh didn’t want the previous move of blowing up the roster to look like a failure and for the Knicks to continue being irrelevant after selling their fanbase hope of a winning and successful future.And that’s when the desperation of signing a guy like Amar’e came into play. Walsh was willing to do anything to convince Lebron James that a roster with a player of Amar’e Stoudemire’s caliber then any player that was on Cleveland and New Jersey’s roster. I also believe that Walsh felt that he had to sign the first available free agent on the market in order to entice Lebron to choose the Knicks over teams that already had a top 10 superstar like the Miami Heat and the Chicago Bulls. The Knicks ended up throwing a lot of their free agent money on Amar’e knowing that there was no way that he was going to turn down their offer.

I don’t believe that Amar’e Stoudemire was brought here to be the next Patrick Ewing and the cornerstone of a championship team. If Walsh was willing to throw money at Joe Johnson who is clearly one of the most overpaid and overrated players in the NBA then it seems like he prioritized building a team that could get out of the first or second round of the playoffs than building a team that could eventually win a title .Walsh knew that there was a great chance that Lebron was going to ditch the Knicks, which he eventually did, but he opted to go to plan b of looking for a quick roster fix. Had Walsh somehow missed out on Amar’e he would have most likely gone after Carlos Boozer.

The argument that the Knicks would have not been able to acquire Carmelo Anthony without Amar’e Stoudemire seems like a flawed argument. How was it that the Nets were in the Carmelo sweepstakes having one of the worst and noncompetitive rosters in the NBA? It seems like Carmelo was willing to go to a team that didn’t have another superstar. Even though the Knicks didn’t have draft picks they could have offered the same players that they ended up giving Denver and would have still had more than a 50 percent shot at acquiring Melo.

We fast forward to 2013 and the Knicks are stuck with a player who is a shell of his former self and who has a contract that is very difficult to unload. I could say that the Knicks have a ten percent chance of trading Amar’e before the next trade deadline only because I’ve seen guys with worse contracts traded away. If the Knicks don’t trade him this season or during the offseason and still have him on their roster a year from now I think their chances of trading him increases to 40 percent by then. As long as he is able to remain healthy going into the middle of next season his contract will be more expendable. There will be several teams that could see value in a player that averages 15 points and 8 rebounds a game that has less than 2 years on his contract. But if the Knicks aren’t able to get rid of Amar’e in the middle of next season they will most likely do so in the summer of 2014. There is no way Amar’e finishes out his contract with the Knicks.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    It doesn't matter how much Amare recovers. He's lost a lot of his speed and hops so he will have trouble scoring the way he use to. Most times when he drives to the basket he gets stripped or blocked. Part of the problem is that he keeps the ball too low. He should look at what guys like Duncan and Gasol do in the post. If he can't get that jumper right then its def over for him.
    I am going to cut him some slack because he just came back from an injury but he really looks no different than last year when he had a miserable season. Most would think this is a bad trade but maybe we could move him for Bargnani??

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Team executives involved in exploratory trade talks report that the Knicks (Amar'e Stoudemire), Lakers (Pau Gasol), Raptors (Bargnani) and Celtics (Paul Pierce) are open to discussing their high-profile names. In every case but one, the early indications are that none could be moved without a bad contract going back in return. (In Stoudemire's case, his health and the $45 million left on his contract after this season almost certainly will prevent any deal from happening.) The lone exception, executives say, may be Pierce, whose ruthless scoring prowess and championship experience come with another attractive feature: only $4 million of his $15.3 million salary is guaranteed next season. With the Celtics playing better since Avery Bradley returned from injury, president Danny Ainge once again finds himself trying to determine whether the remnants of the 2007-08 championship team have enough to make one more run. Some rival executives believe the Celtics recently waived Jarvis Varnado and Kris Joseph to create roster flexibility for a potential trade. If Ainge decides to stand pat, a deal involving Pierce -- which would mark the true end of the Big Three era -- could be re-examined around the draft or during free agency
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jan 12, 2013 at 06:54.

Veteran

I don't see any reason for anyone to take Amar'e's contract. The most we can hope for is that he'll return to be a 18 PPG / 7 RPG second scoring option.

Let's keep in mind so far that he's yet to play a game with Felton on the court. I don't think he fits into a Melo-dominated offense, but he should be able to get the bulk of his shot attempts with Melo sitting. If he can play a half-decent post game (pipe dream, I know) with Melo on the floor...

Superstar

Some people just can't develop a rhythm off the bench and i think that's stats problem. He needs to start to develop confidence and rhythm

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

12th man

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I don't see any reason for anyone to take Amar'e's contract. The most we can hope for is that he'll return to be a 18 PPG / 7 RPG second scoring option.

Let's keep in mind so far that he's yet to play a game with Felton on the court. I don't think he fits into a Melo-dominated offense, but he should be able to get the bulk of his shot attempts with Melo sitting. If he can play a half-decent post game (pipe dream, I know) with Melo on the floor...
    I agree, that will be a strength on offense for us. Even though I think Amar'e reflexes, speed and agility has fallen a bit.

12th man

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Some people just can't develop a rhythm off the bench and i think that's stats problem. He needs to start to develop confidence and rhythm

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Amar'e Stoudemire's playing time increases as NY Knicks forward is cleared to see 25 to 30 minutes of action per game
    Stoudemire averaged 20.5 minutes in his first six appearances since returning from knee surgery. Mike Woodsoon intimated Stoudemire should receive even more playing time Thursday against the Pistons in London

BY PETER BOTTE / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

SUNDAY, JANUARY 13, 2013, 10:22 PM

Just six games back from knee surgery, Amar'e Stoudemire says he feels 'great physically.'
    In keeping with the dietary theme of the day — Carmelo Anthony's revelation that he’s been fasting for the past two weeks – Amar’e Stoudemire also divulged that he switched to a vegan diet about three months ago.

The six-time All-Star reiterated that he feels “great physically,” and Mike Woodson confirmed that before Sunday’s 100-87 win over New Orleans by noting Stoudemire has been cleared for a minutes increase to 25-to-30 per game after he’d averaged 20.5 minutes in his first six appearances since returning from knee surgery.

“It’s coming,” Stoudemire said after contributing 12 points and three rebounds in 24 minutes off the bench. “I feel great. Again, my main goal is to get better defensively and I have been, and I’ve accepted every challenge that Coach Woodson has brought forth. And I’m willing to accept the challenge he gives me. I’ve been doing that so far. Offensively, that’s going to come. I’ve been a solid offensive player my entire career…As we play more minutes, and get more comfortable out there, the better my game will evolve.”

Superstar

I just don't get how he gets blocked so easily. It seems like every time he goes to the rim someone rejects him. Even if its 1 on 1.. I rarely EVER remember that happening back in 2010.. Whats he doing differently?

Maybe he should start trying to dunk with two hands more. He normally always goes in with one hand. Maybe he can secure it better with both, and it will help raise the odds of him getting fouled.

12th man

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    I just don't get how he gets blocked so easily. It seems like every time he goes to the rim someone rejects him. Even if its 1 on 1.. I rarely EVER remember that happening back in 2010.. Whats he doing differently?

Maybe he should start trying to dunk with two hands more. He normally always goes in with one hand. Maybe he can secure it better with both, and it will help raise the odds of him getting fouled.
    His agility fell off tremendously, it's hard to imagine him to get back to his old himself.

Suns fans kinda projected this, when we signed Amar'e I didn't want to believe them.

I have to say, at the risk of being shot down in flames by the Amare haters on this board, that his defense has been better. He seems to be positioning himself on the defensive end better. Amare is never going to be a great defender but that`s no excuse for a lack of effort. There actually seems to be some effort on d from him.

12th man

Originally Posted by Scipio
    I have to say, at the risk of being shot down in flames by the Amare haters on this board, that his defense has been better. He seems to be positioning himself on the defensive end better. Amare is never going to be a great defender but that`s no excuse for a lack of effort. There actually seems to be some effort on d from him.
    It's a fair observation.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    His agility fell off tremendously, it's hard to imagine him to get back to his old himself.

Suns fans kinda projected this, when we signed Amar'e I didn't want to believe them.
    Stat like many in his position (injury, not playing for months) hasn't lost his skill or speed. He has lost his explosiveness and that's normal when not playing for a while.

We don't need Suns fans to tell us this inevitable fact because whether injured or not it happens as players age. Hence the reason to incorporate some style and grace as players age and realize athleticism soon fades.

But to defend Amare, he isn't in mid-season form because... well because this is the pre-season for him, not mid-season. Let's wait until his mid-season and for him to gel with the unit he will be with (probably starters) until we evaluate him.

Have you ever lost explosiveness or quickness returning from injury only to recover it over time my athletic freak fellow poster? I have and it takes time to return.

That to me is different from cartilage erosion.

Veteran

Thumbs up Real Talk ....

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

Amare hasnt loss anything .. Amare like Kenyon Martin dont want to be apart of Carmelo Anthony concept of B.Ball.

Coach Woodson is like coach Karl, they dont want any conflict with Melo.

We all know our most minute players "JR.Smith, Melo, and Tyson Chandler" are not transition-players who run on offense to score before the defense could setup .. this trio CONTROL the offense to where we walk the ball upcourt on offense for 48 minutes per game (we shoot jumpshots on fastbreaks).

We all should know by now Amare is a transition F/C who GELLS quickly when in the same 5-man lineup the majority of his playingtime game after game .. Amare has a career of being in a 7 man GELLIN rotation.
    In Amare's 8 games back coach Woodson has been shuffling Amare in and out of several different lineups making sure 2 of the trio of Tyson, Melo, JR, are in the lineup with Amare.

Right now Amare is playing like he did his 2nd season with Marbury, his first season with Kurt Thomas/Brian Grant, and his 2 seasons with Shaq, what all the seasons had in common were Amare knees acting up when the team was force to walk the ball up court on offense 60% of the time.
    Coincidence...