2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Amare's injury is NEW THREAD worthy news you lazy bums!!

i agree with kingstarbury im done with STAT trade him, he will have knee injuries for the rest of his career it's not worth it at all keeping him and on top of that him and Carmelo just cant seem to fully get it clicking on the court... sure they have their moments here and there but i just dont see it ever working up to the expectations were hoping for.

Maybe ill be eating crow later this season..and hopefully i am.

I',m not trying to be negative here, but Amare cant even keep himself on the court to even develop the chemistry and it's not his fault at all he just has bad knees sadly
:boohoo:

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ

i agree with kingstarbury im done with STAT trade him, he will have knee injuries for the rest of his career it's not worth it at all keeping him and on top of that him and Carmelo just cant seem to fully get it clicking on the court... sure they have their moments here and there but i just dont see it ever working up to the expectations were hoping for.

I',m not trying to be negative here, but Amare cant even keep himself on the court to even develop the chemistry and it's not his fault at all he just has bad knees sadly

Its STAT who needs to adjust everyone said it was Melo

STAT has a low IQ, all he knows is catch dunk or catch shoot.

He never does any follow screens/slips/pops, he cant catch it drive it and kick or dump done, very low IQ player

Wargames

Starter

I don't think he is tradable until next season the soonest since it will be a potential expiring. Everybody else who would fit salary wise aren't gonna trade with us. Joe Johnson is on the nyets, Boozer is literally waiting to be amnestied, Iggy (who i was for trading for) is on the Nuggets and you know they aren't helping the knicks out. Maybe Bynum for philly but I doubt it since Bynum will likely sign for less money and thats just a salary dump. Maybe we trade him to a ****ty desperate team for some picks but that seems to be the opposite of the win now ideology the knicks have right now.

The knicks are stuck with Amare as far as I can see and won't be able to move him until 2013-2014 the earliest. Also you want to avoid any sort of Ewing deal that has negative long term repercussions. So the best thing the knicks can do honestly is let him heal and stick to the 2015 plan.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
I don't think he is tradable until next season the soonest since it will be a potential expiring. Everybody else who it would fit aren't gonna trade with us. Joe Johnson is on the nyets, Boozer is literally waiting to be amnestied, Iggy (who i was for trading for) is on the Nuggets and you know they aren't helping the knicks out. Maybe Bynum for philly but I doubt it since Bynum will likely sign for less money and thats just a salary dump.

The knicks are stuck with Amare as far as I can see and won't be able to move him until 2013-2014 the earliest.

We should have made the deal with Philly when it was offered

STAT for Iguodala and a pick I think it was

Wargames

Starter
We should have made the deal with Philly when it was offered

STAT for Iguodala and a pick I think it was

yeah but right now thats impossible the best thing the knicks can do is continue to "go for it now" and then try to figure out who can they move amare for a year early that would let them have cash in 2014 cause 2014 FA looks a lot better than 2015 FA. if not then take your chance is 2015 and maybe wait until 2016.

I honestly don't know in the NBA 3 seasons is way to long to make a iron proof plan for. the Last time the knicks did that it led to the Amare situation they are in now. The smart thing would be is not to do nothing drastic unless you was 90% sure it was a really good move.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Huge bummer. This has got to be just as frustrating to him, as it is to all of us. My man Amar'e has been working hard in the off season and its painful to see that he's injured before we even get to start the season. This has become a regular event for Knicks fans since his arrival. If its that time of the year already, let me start it off...

STAT and JR for Josh Smith

KingCharles34

All Star
but to whom is the issue? Well 2-3 isn't bad this is like what 1 week into the regular season. Yeah that first week is against the Nyets and the Heat but the season is a marathon not a sprint.

2 to 3 weeks isnt that bad but the way things have gone for Stat the past year and a half I wouldnt be surprised to see him injured again shortly after returning, not that this is what im hoping for.

Exactly how I feel, Stat was one of the funnest players to watch in his prime. But sadly it appears as if the end of his prime was the first half of the 2010-11 Season

Its STAT who needs to adjust everyone said it was Melo

STAT has a low IQ, all he knows is catch dunk or catch shoot.

He never does any follow screens/slips/pops, he cant catch it drive it and kick or dump done, very low IQ player

I also agree with this, hes just clumsy. I almost question now how things worked so well for him in Phoenix. Marion did alotta the dirty work and Nash was always the real genius behind that team. With Stat being as bad as he is defensively, its just amazing to look back and say he was a star player on a team that took the Spurs to game 7 of the conference players.

Paul1355

All Star
A ruptured popiteal syst will take more than 2-3 weeks before he can return to game action....that is his calf. So a syst bursts in his calf, thats more serious than everyone thinks.

And one thing about Amare is every injury he has is actually worse than the first reports.

So I expect Amare to be out a month.

And this might be a blessing in disguise because now Copeland will def get minutes from the start of tip off. And I believe Copeland is better at defense and rebounding than Amare anyway.

Anybody see how bad we were on the boards and defense when Amare was playing? Terrible. It was so embarrassing seeing so many second chance points.

smokes

Huge Member
A ruptured popiteal syst will take more than 2-3 weeks before he can return to game action....that is his calf. So a syst bursts in his calf, thats more serious than everyone thinks.

And one thing about Amare is every injury he has is actually worse than the first reports.

So I expect Amare to be out a month.

And this might be a blessing in disguise because now Copeland will def get minutes from the start of tip off. And I believe Copeland is better at defense and rebounding than Amare anyway.

Anybody see how bad we were on the boards and defense when Amare was playing? Terrible. It was so embarrassing seeing so many second chance points.

This is starting to be a dire trend. It's unfathomable that a player with his talent can drag the team down so far on defense but we really are only as strong as our weakest link and when STAT plays this kind of terrible D we can't stand up to the elite teams in the NBA.

KingCharles34

All Star
I really wish we had amnestied Stat, Novaks actually a better defender then him and is more worthy of getting some minutes at PF. Chandler and Novak together gives us defense and offense, inside and outside. Then we still have Sheed, Kurt Thomas and Camby. And Melo can get some minutes at PF, Brewer as well if needed. Negative Stats the only player that doesnt fit in. I had enough of this Amare-Melo Amare-Chandler nonsense. Stat is a cancer to this team

Rob Low

Rotation player
Josh Smith is on the trading block and Atlanta obviously isn't winning anything so maybe they'll take Stat and some filler for him. He would compliment Melo and Tyson perfectly and him and Tyson would absolutely shut down the paint.

metrocard

Legend
9iv3hf.jpg

smokes

Huge Member
Josh Smith is on the trading block and Atlanta obviously isn't winning anything so maybe they'll take Stat and some filler for him. He would compliment Melo and Tyson perfectly and him and Tyson would absolutely shut down the paint.

That would be a dream come true, can't see that happening without us giving away more future picks.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
****ing Jesus. It was imperative to get everyone on the same page ASAP, and now the most pivotal question mark on both ends is sidelined again.

Looks like JR gets his wish as starter and Melo slides to the 4. We all know the mismatch problems that creates. A blessing in disguise? Another Knicks curse? Whichever it is, any aspirations of heading in to the season operating at full potential are gone. This team has gone a year and a half as underachievers.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Another things is if we get off to a fast start and then STAT comes back and we force feed him thats gonna be a problem

tiger0330

Legend
Amare's injury is exactly why this team is built like this now these vets have to step up. I guess signing Sheed isn't even a question now.

Better a short term injury at the end of training camp than when Lin had his injury going into the playoffs.