Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    He led the CBA inscoring.
    I think he will be a fan-favorite, too.

Not unlike Spree was.

All-star talent is right. Different player, but I would expect nothing less than the type of borderline all-star play and impact that Felton had for us.

If he plays hard and keeps his head straight I'll be surprised if he isn't starting SG. That type of floor spacing alone, when we work Melo back in, will be invaluable.

Shump and Fields' minutes won't suffer much, either, at the end of the day; and if anything, they're effectiveness and efficiency should just go up (especially Shumpert, who when not mishandled, plays as well as any rookie in the NBA right now).

Veteran

Lin-Davis-Shumpert
    Smith-Shumpert-Fields
    Melo-Fields-Novak
    Amare-Harrelson-Novak-Jeffries-Melo
    Chandler-Jeffries-Harrelson-Novak

Idk how you stop that. I really don't. Top 5 NBA bench, easy. But more than that, the bench fits our overall team and starting 5 like a glove.

IMO, we are going to face MIA with our winning streak in tact, and Melo back and poised for the game that rips the NBA hierarchy inside out.

If Fields comes off the bench, then we'd have B.Diddy dishing to him when he comes back, which would continue Fields' good play. Fields has been playing good without the assists lately as well.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    If Fields comes off the bench, then we'd have B.Diddy dishing to him when he comes back, which would continue Fields' good play. Fields has been playing good without the assists lately as well.
    Fields been slashing well, his jumpshooting could use a hot streak, been cold most of the year.

12th man

Problem is a huge part of our bench success currently relies on having Davis healthy, which is still a big ?

I wouldn't be getting too hyped over the MIA game either. Melo has been out almost 2 weeks and STAT missed a bunch of time. Remember that neither of these players practiced with Lin prior to his explosion, so there will be additional adjustments required for all these pieces to fit together optimally.

We can be an incredible team this season I just don't see it happening overnight.

12th man

Originally Posted by smokes
    Problem is a huge part of our bench success currently relies on having Davis healthy, which is still a big ?

I wouldn't be getting too hyped over the MIA game either. Melo has been out almost 2 weeks and STAT missed a bunch of time. Remember that neither of these players practiced with Lin prior to his explosion, so there will be additional adjustments required for all these pieces to fit together optimally.

We can be an incredible team this season I just don't see it happening overnight.
    At this point, the whole Lin thing, Shump/Jefferies/Chandler being 1st team all nba defenders, Fields playing with a pair of balls...emergence of Novak, I can see anything happening...even the worst.

Melo has to buy into this TEAM and realize its BIGGER than him. Once he can sacrafice himself, we can be scary good.

At this point, the whole Lin thing, Shump/Jefferies/Chandler being 1st team all nba defenders, Fields playing with a pair of balls...emergence of Novak, I can see anything happening...even the worst.

Melo has to buy into this TEAM and realize its BIGGER than him. Once he can sacrafice himself, we can be scary good.
    You ever notice when Fields plays bad and without confidence we lose? I'm glad we signed J.R, Landry is too fragile and his inability to hit clutch 3's and FT's really hurts us bad. I think J.R. will steal his starting spot and maybe even his salary next season. Our wins and losses are directly related to his play and tonight he sucked really bad and the box score reflected that. This is why we need J.R. over Balkman.

any clue on JR's jersey number, he's back in 2K12 but wearing #5 which is Walker's number, his other numbers where 1,2 and 23 which are all taken so I'm guessing he'll sport #3 anyone know for sure

nevermind Hahn said he's sporting the good old Latrell #8 jersey

He's rocking the haircut that Tupac had in Juice. Well done JR!

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    He's rocking the haircut that Tupac had in Juice. Well done JR!
    we all know how that turned out

12th man

Originally Posted by CA7
    we all know how that turned out
    Bishop!!!!!

Anyone knows what JR number he's going to sport?

1, 2, 5, 9 (his bday), and 23 are taken.

=\

Can we trade Walker, Lanry and Douglas already?

Superstar

Bishop!!!!!

Anyone knows what JR number he's going to sport?

1, 2, 5, 9 (his bday), and 23 are taken.

=\

Can we trade Walker, Landry and Douglas already?
    Not fields, the other 2 can't leave fast enough.

I'm liking what I'm seeing out there. Definite Fields upgrade.