Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

I know he can get his points, but will he be able to do it shooting a good percentage? He's playing for a contract so we should get him at his best!

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Smith is only good vs mediocre oponents that dont play defense .. we have to many teams like this in the league where level 4 players (JR.Smith) gets a pass
    Can you honestly post anything positive about the Knicks? JR plays great defense and was much improved under Woodson.

Everyone singles out the playoff run unfairly. Jr contributed greatly with his rebounding & assists during the regular season and played very well overall. Of course he had some poor shooting nights, as a starter he will be much better. He will thrive and be much more effective in a reduced role.

As our 3rd option on offense I look forward to him proving all of our haters so very wrong.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Can you honestly post anything positive about the Knicks? JR plays great defense and was much improved under Woodson.

Everyone singles out the playoff run unfairly. Jr contributed greatly with his rebounding & assists during the regular season and played very well overall. Of course he had some poor shooting nights, as a starter he will be much better. He will thrive and be much more effective in a reduced role.

As our 3rd option on offense I look forward to him proving all of our haters so very wrong.
    If JR Smith can become a more consistent shooter, I think he'll be a James Harden type player for us (Yea I said that)

JR Smith was suppose to be the next Vince Carter coming out of HS, the talent is there; his head was never in the right place.

Seems like JR Smith wants to compete and bring a title back to NY, is real tight with Melo and believes in this system.

Start JR Smith next to Kidd, it can be a better back court than people think.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    All Things JR Smith goes in here.
    JR should do better this year. His defense and rebounding improved under Woody and his offense SHOULD be better because he is not coming half away from another country and totally different game having to adjust.

I expect big things from JR and more streak shooting

I think that JR is a guy that, you know what you're going to get at this point in his career. I don't expect any big leaps in his game, just more of what he does best: dropping trey buckets and putting up shots.

His two BEST shooting seasons came when he played 19 minutes and 23 minutes per game.

Shot selection and overall FG% is my only issue with JR. Besides that I expect him to have a better season with a full training camp under Woodson.

Defensively, I though he was very focused. Sure there were a few instances where he fouled a shooter but at least he was trying to defend. I like the threat he brings to opponents with his shooting and strong finishes at the rim.

The most important thing about JR is how he genuinely wants to be here. He feels comfortable and hopefully that fuels his game.

Veteran

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street

LMAO "JR plays great defense and was much improved under Woodson." LMAO

Smith was a poor (desperate) decision signing, hopefully his trade could bring us something on the deadline.

Smith first 7 games as a Knicks average 29 minutes per game, Dantoni handed in a resignation after Smith 7th game .. 6 game losing streak.
    What does that say about Smith in the regular season .. the Knicks were on a 9-2 roll before Smith was added to the rotation....it was hard to tell that Smith & Melo were teammates the past 5 seasons the way the two players couldnt earn an assist from each other.

Dont get the final games of the season confused with just Melo & Smith when we got a consistant outstanding performance from Shump/Novak/and Tyson Chandler.

Smith was a poor (desperate) decision signing, hopefully his trade could bring us something on the deadline.

Smith first 7 games as a Knicks average 29 minutes per game, Dantoni handed in a resignation after Smith 7th game .. 6 game losing streak.
    What does that say about Smith in the regular season .. the Knicks were on a 9-2 roll before Smith was added to the rotation....it was hard to tell that Smith & Melo were teammates the past 5 seasons the way the two players couldnt earn an assist from each other.

Dont get the final games of the season confused with just Melo & Smith when we got a consistant outstanding performance from Shump/Novak/and Tyson Chandler.
    Is it possible to trade you?

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Is it possible to trade you?
    Does this board have an ignore function? I've been reading a lot of negativity and downright unnecessary things said about the Knicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by JaYnYcE
    Does this board have an ignore function? I've been reading a lot of negativity and downright unnecessary things said about the Knicks.

This. Kiyaman is a rubbish poster who just blabs on about 'iso-melo' etc. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is Knicks FAN Forums. If your only going to hate, why bother coming on here? His/her bias just ruins any chance you have of putting together a half decent response.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

So are you trying to say you would have rather kept Dantoni and not signed JR? In other words you would have rather tanked the remainder of the season and allowed one of our " assets" to be that for another team / potential rival?

You people are a trip with beating down Melo , Jr Smith , and Amare. But you give passes and make excuses for scrubs like Landry , Lin , Dantoni.

Just read on Hoopshype that Chris Smith, JR's younger brother is signing with the Knicks soon. If this is true, i'm assuming this is how the Knicks were able to sign JR for the cheap in addition to the starting position.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

JR thinks we have the talent to win a championship.

^

The talent is there. It really is.

The chemistry, the desire, the effort, the wanting, the timing, the conditioning. All crucially balanced on a knife, but we have a team that can take down any other, on any night.

From day one, there needs to be an understanding of hierarchy before all subsequent happenings come to any sort of fruition through chance, design or otherwise.

I know that's a bit deep, but that's how I see it for this team. A 3 year window has been forged, it can only get smaller from day one onward if there's no common understanding of what each individual needs to bring for everyone else to win as a Knick.