Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

Definitely prefer JR as 6th man over starting. The bad shot selection and high volume shooting can be dealt with better with this season's second unit as with Novak spacing the floor and Kidd orchestrating there's much more organisation and experience running things. When JR was coming off the bench with Bibby, Harrellson, Jeffries etc then he needed to create his own shot more, but I think with a second unit of Kidd, JR, Novak, Camby and Thomas then there is more creativity and experience of running an offence in the NBA for JR to not have to create his own shot all the time.

JR wants to start so he can put up better numbers and get himself a big contract that will last him through his prime. I have no problem with this, not saying hes a star but hes definitely being underpaid. I feel a little bad for him but hopefully he can block all that out and just focus on contributing as much as possible regardless of if hes a starter or 6th man. If he does his thing the money will come for him

Originally Posted by Ghostowl
    I'm probably gonna get called out for saying this but STAT should be 6th man with JR replacing him...not as a PF ofc

Ideal Lineup
    Chandler
    Melo
    JR Smith
    Shump
    Felton
    I sort of agree with you, but I would probably start Camby at PF. Carmelo said recently he doesnt wanna play PF as much this year. Stat would be a nice boost of the bench and JR is a better defender at shooting guard then Stat is at PF

Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    Im sorry but as creative as this is.. there's not gonna be a $20M 6th player in the NBA...
    Look at whats going on with the Yankees and Arod right now, anythings possible

I'd play him a couple games in preseason as a starter. See how he reacts. Is he starting fast, slow. I like his outside shooting alongside Kidd as a spark off the bench.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Looks like he hurt his left foot today in practice and is in a walking boot. When it rains it pours!

Definitely one of the the top 5 players. Which makes him so deadly as the 6th man. He can win best sixth man award this year.

We just need to make sure he gets a lot of playing time - even off the bench.

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    Looks like he hurt his left foot today in practice and is in a walking boot. When it rains it pours!
    Apparently it's not too serious, he should be fine for the start of the season. Shame though I'd have loved to see him starting in the pre-season to get a feel for this whole situation.

Also just read that Ronnie Brewer practiced as is recovering well from his knee injury and is expected to be ready to start in the season opener.
    Last edited by smokes; Oct 17, 2012 at 19:00.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Starks
    6th Man.

Smith needs to realize his ceiling as a player is Jason Terry part 2. And that's where his value really comes alive at. To be in the starting lineup with our roster means to be muzzled and falling into place with the flow of Melo. Shump being a lockdown defender is much more important than having an erratic gun for hire. He needs to embrace his role as 6th man and own it.
    Great to see you posting again, please stop by more often!

Repping this post for making your return.

6th man for sure. Hes a great second unit guy.(You guys saw what the second unit did to our starters yesterday) I prefer his spark off the bench even though he prefer to start.

Also to the people who say Stat should come off the bench, it just wont happen. Him coming off the bench makes perfect sense and everything would fit, i just dont ever see a 100 Million Dollar Player coming off the bench...

besides stat is a BEAST. Be ready for him this year.(ive been praying for his knees all offseason)

JR Smith ‏@TheRealJRSmith
    #whatsonyourfeet! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    JR Smith ‏@TheRealJRSmith
    #whatsonyourfeet! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I see you JR, I raise you my new boxing shoes.

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
    Yeah, it's serious with J.R. Smith. He won't make trip with his sore Achilles. Didn't practice today.

Sucks that all our SG's are having injury issues

wow. JR's boot looks like ****ing snowboard equipment. someone PLEASE give me some good news on this, like its way better then it looks? Cause that looks like 4-8 weeks to me.

Superstar

Oh crap...

Well if its just soreness then it shouldn't be too serious .. I hope

anyone have an idea how long he'll be out?

Nope, no official info yet. He's not traveling with the team which means we can await the first news on him right after the crew is back in NY.