2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

metrocard

Legend
lol nice gif's

Had to handle that dude Shaq style!

Shaq.gif

metrocard

Legend

Check out that pass from JR...he does have passing ability...Melo, STAT, and Tyson will be catching does all day.

metrocard

Legend
14/18 from Downtown!!... 2 weeks ago!!

http://brokejumper.com/where-are-th...ng-golden-bulls-win-over-qingdao-double-star/

Low risk high reward. This is Crazy!! A month ago we were front court heavy, no depth in the backcourt.

Now it's as if we drafted J. Lin , J.R. smith and BDiddy.

Knicks getting to be a really deep team outta nowhere. And it cost the team about :2cents:.

If this team can gel...OH My Damn!!

He's basically an all star talent, always been.

metrocard

Legend
I would trade Douglas, Walker and Balkman to the Bobats for a 2nd round pick, they need depth and we need to clear room. None of those guys would serve a purpose on this team.

portega1968

El Cacique
This was top-secret stuff. Big stakes. Promises. Intrigue. The stuff of an international NBA spy thriller. It was more than an hour before tip off at the Rose Garden on Thursday and I found Los Angeles Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro in the visiting coach's office, circling jersey numbers his lineup card.

I introduced myself to Del Negro. Then, told him I wasn't as interested in talking about the Blazers-Clippers game as I was talking about the other big game. You know, the one that had the Clippers coach text messaging promises to free-agent guard J.R. Smith, locked up in a do-or-die recruiting battle with the New York Knicks.

Said Del Negro: "You have my attention."

rest of this article in this link:

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2012/02/canzano_fight_for_jr_smith_off.html

iSaYughh

Starter
He led the CBA inscoring.

I think he will be a fan-favorite, too.

Not unlike Spree was.

All-star talent is right. Different player, but I would expect nothing less than the type of borderline all-star play and impact that Felton had for us.

If he plays hard and keeps his head straight I'll be surprised if he isn't starting SG. That type of floor spacing alone, when we work Melo back in, will be invaluable.

Shump and Fields' minutes won't suffer much, either, at the end of the day; and if anything, they're effectiveness and efficiency should just go up (especially Shumpert, who when not mishandled, plays as well as any rookie in the NBA right now).

iSaYughh

Starter
Lin-Davis-Shumpert
Smith-Shumpert-Fields
Melo-Fields-Novak
Amare-Harrelson-Novak-Jeffries-Melo
Chandler-Jeffries-Harrelson-Novak

Idk how you stop that. I really don't. Top 5 NBA bench, easy. But more than that, the bench fits our overall team and starting 5 like a glove.

IMO, we are going to face MIA with our winning streak in tact, and Melo back and poised for the game that rips the NBA hierarchy inside out.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If Fields comes off the bench, then we'd have B.Diddy dishing to him when he comes back, which would continue Fields' good play. Fields has been playing good without the assists lately as well.

metrocard

Legend
If Fields comes off the bench, then we'd have B.Diddy dishing to him when he comes back, which would continue Fields' good play. Fields has been playing good without the assists lately as well.

Fields been slashing well, his jumpshooting could use a hot streak, been cold most of the year.

smokes

Huge Member
Problem is a huge part of our bench success currently relies on having Davis healthy, which is still a big ?

I wouldn't be getting too hyped over the MIA game either. Melo has been out almost 2 weeks and STAT missed a bunch of time. Remember that neither of these players practiced with Lin prior to his explosion, so there will be additional adjustments required for all these pieces to fit together optimally.

We can be an incredible team this season I just don't see it happening overnight.

metrocard

Legend
Problem is a huge part of our bench success currently relies on having Davis healthy, which is still a big ?

I wouldn't be getting too hyped over the MIA game either. Melo has been out almost 2 weeks and STAT missed a bunch of time. Remember that neither of these players practiced with Lin prior to his explosion, so there will be additional adjustments required for all these pieces to fit together optimally.

We can be an incredible team this season I just don't see it happening overnight.

At this point, the whole Lin thing, Shump/Jefferies/Chandler being 1st team all nba defenders, Fields playing with a pair of balls...emergence of Novak, I can see anything happening...even the worst.

Melo has to buy into this TEAM and realize its BIGGER than him. Once he can sacrafice himself, we can be scary good.

KingofNy

Starter
At this point, the whole Lin thing, Shump/Jefferies/Chandler being 1st team all nba defenders, Fields playing with a pair of balls...emergence of Novak, I can see anything happening...even the worst.

Melo has to buy into this TEAM and realize its BIGGER than him. Once he can sacrafice himself, we can be scary good.

You ever notice when Fields plays bad and without confidence we lose? I'm glad we signed J.R, Landry is too fragile and his inability to hit clutch 3's and FT's really hurts us bad. I think J.R. will steal his starting spot and maybe even his salary next season. Our wins and losses are directly related to his play and tonight he sucked really bad and the box score reflected that. This is why we need J.R. over Balkman.

CA7

Scoring Champ
any clue on JR's jersey number, he's back in 2K12 but wearing #5 which is Walker's number, his other numbers where 1,2 and 23 which are all taken so I'm guessing he'll sport #3 anyone know for sure