2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Yeah, it's serious with J.R. Smith. He won't make trip with his sore Achilles. Didn't practice today.

Sucks that all our SG's are having injury issues

p0nder

Starter
wow. JR's boot looks like ****ing snowboard equipment. someone PLEASE give me some good news on this, like its way better then it looks? Cause that looks like 4-8 weeks to me.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Nope, no official info yet. He's not traveling with the team which means we can await the first news on him right after the crew is back in NY.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Change the thread title to " JR Smith make fake fans eat dick thread"

BENCH MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS

J.R. Smith, SG 34 3-11 2-4 3-3 0 3 3 6 1 0 1 4 +13 11

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
11 points (3-11)
6 assists
3 rebounds
1 steal
1 turnover
34 minutes

Thats a little easier to read...nice all around game from JR. He played better against the Heat last night then he did in the playoffs

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Great game for Smith this afternoon good win for the home team.

20 points
9rebounds
2 dimes
2 steals
3 Turnovers

4/5 downtown
8/15 FG

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
24xkrdh.jpg

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
JR is playing lights out he wont have to start if we give him 25-30. Since Woodson took over he has been a team guy I look for him to keep this up, the key is on nights where he his shot is not falling he needs to be passing and attacking the glass

:alert:Better bounder then landry on the defensive end:alert:

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
J.R. Smith: Early Sixth Man of the Year Candidate

I think it is very early for talks like this but writers will write about anything to stir the pot.

[centerp
uspw_6183780.jpg
[/center]

Who?s to say that J.R. Smith can?t end up winning the coveted Sixth Man of the Year award?
Smith wanted nothing more than to be a starter for the New York Knicks coming into the season, but he needs to come off the bench. He brings energy and instant offense to an already deep second unit for New York, that includes 3PT assassin Steve Novak, Pablo Prigioni, and Kurt Thomas.
The Knicks defeated the Philadelphia 76ers 100-84 and moved to 2-0, and now have a full control of the Atlantic Division early in the season. Smith had 20 points, two assists, and led the team with nine rebounds. His 35 minutes were second only to Carmelo Anthony (27 points, 10-18).
In his days as a member of the Denver Nuggets, and even last season in New York, you never knew which J.R. Smith you would be seeing on a given night. It could be the one that lights up the other team and jump-starts the offensive attack, or it could be the one that shoots a lot of bad shots and turns the ball over. This season, it has been the first Smith that we have seen.
He has also committed to a determined defensive effort, along with Anthony, which is a huge credit to coach Mike Woodson. In their days as teammates in Denver, they were offensive juggernauts, but defensive liabilities. This season, the two are showing their teammates that scoring is important, but championship teams have defensive roots.
J.R. Smith is my early pick as Sixth Man of the Year. If he continues to play like he has in the first two games of 2012-13, I?m sure he?d be happy to accept the award, despite his starter?s ambitions.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
[FONT=&quot]
Originally Posted by skisloper
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For all of you that LOVE JR is now clear after all of these crazy contracts thats you have seen that we knicks fans are a bit nuts...

JR is signing for 2.8 million.....not a single team offered him anywhere near the deal Novak got or anyone else.......THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT....!!!!!

with that said with Kidd and Camby in the locker room along with Chandler I do think JR will be put in place....just hope woodson does not use him like a fool again.

we still need a SG ...melo and jr do not need to be on the court together[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Novak serves a very big purpose...he is being paid to make 3 pointers 50% of the time....so thats a specialty.....

Fields got used as a pawn by the raptors and ended up instead of being offered 7.5 for 3 years ended up with 20 million....he his the lottery and should take his agent for a sweet night on the town...

JR has played enough in the league and has logged many minutes...for NO NBA TEAM to make him an offer should tell us something.....[/FONT]

It tells us alot he loves the Knicks and lots of GM are stupid.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Here's again the play, this time from the MSG feed, they have different frames :)

skisloper

Starter
[FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]

It tells us alot he loves the Knicks and lots of GM are stupid.

I do not think it was his love for the Knicks . There was not a single report of any contract offered to him except the Knicks. Anyone disagree and has a link ?

As I said above the veterans will help JR from being stupid.
I was against having JR and I'm happy to say that was a bad decision on my part so far