Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 335

Thread: 2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

  1. #46
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by portega1968
    Clippers are still in the game... I wouldnt be surprised that the Knicks are being used AGAIN to drive up the price offered by another team.
    I don't think that other team can be the Clippers. Methinks they can only offer him the vets minimum for this year at least.

  2. #47
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by LeFlume
    You can't sell me on Jr Smith. I see nothing good come out of it. He will not make us a better TEAM..No way...
    Ppl over react about players attitudes sometimes JR is a little out there and not the smartest player but besides that brawl he never had any real team issues with Denver. He was always willing to come off the bench in favor of an inferior player in Dante Jones and Aron Aflallo so I don't think he'll mind doing this with Fields.

    When the bench is struggling to score you have a guy that can go off for 30 on any night to lean on. You can never have enough fire power especially if you wanna beat Miami and Chicago, a matter a fact imagine Miami bench trying to contain Baron Davis, JR Smith, and Shumpert they'd have fits.

  3. #48
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Ppl over react about players attitudes sometimes JR is a little out there and not the smartest player but besides that brawl he never had any real team issues with Denver. He was always willing to come off the bench in favor of an inferior player in Dante Jones and Aron Aflallo so I don't think he'll mind doing this with Fields.

    When the bench is struggling to score you have a guy that can go off for 30 on any night to lean on. You can never have enough fire power especially if you wanna beat Miami and Chicago, a matter a fact imagine Miami bench trying to contain Baron Davis, JR Smith, and Shumpert they'd have fits.
    Like i said earlier, i 'm not a JR fan, but i'll give him a shot and see what happens.

  4. #49
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default


  5. #50
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    LMAO, classic...me to man, me to.

  6. #51
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    so who's the odd man out?

    I mean Bibby is no doubt the player we cut

    But who is out of the rotation?

    Feilds is doing all the intagiables that made him valuable to us last year

    Shump is as much responsible for our win in Toronto (as well as Minny and Washington) as Lin

    Novak makes a little sense, yet beyond his shooting, he's a big man who stretches the floor

    Bill Walker was going to lose his minutes to Melo anyways

    Lin/Shump
    Feilds/Smith/Shump
    Melo/Feilds/Novak
    Stat/Jefferies/Novak
    Chandler/Jefferies

    But what happens when BD comes back?

    With mutiple 2 games in 2 nights as well as 4 games in 6 night sets as well as our one remaining back to back to back remaining, too much depth is a oxymoran (probally spelled wrong) but with chemistry brewing and already 2 players to think about working in (Melo and BD) this is somewhat of a risk

    Yet....I have been quoted before in other threads as saying this would be a great pick up for us!

    Shooter and as Metro's footage showed a dynamic finisher, makes the offense very difficult to stop now!


    Then what happens when BD returns?

  7. #52
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    so who's the odd man out?

    I mean Bibby is no doubt the player we cut

    But who is out of the rotation?

    Feilds is doing all the intagiables that made him valuable to us last year

    Shump is as much responsible for our win in Toronto (as well as Minny and Washington) as Lin

    Novak makes a little sense, yet beyond his shooting, he's a big man who stretches the floor

    Bill Walker was going to lose his minutes to Melo anyways

    Lin/Shump
    Feilds/Smith/Shump
    Melo/Feilds/Novak
    Stat/Jefferies/Novak
    Chandler/Jefferies

    But what happens when BD comes back?

    With mutiple 2 games in 2 nights as well as 4 games in 6 night sets as well as our one remaining back to back to back remaining, too much depth is a oxymoran (probally spelled wrong) but with chemistry brewing and already 2 players to think about working in (Melo and BD) this is somewhat of a risk

    Yet....I have been quoted before in other threads as saying this would be a great pick up for us!

    Shooter and as Metro's footage showed a dynamic finisher, makes the offense very difficult to stop now!


    Then what happens when BD returns?
    Being that fields is 6-7, he can play a little SF, to spell MELO.BD, JR, Shump, And Lin(Notice no mention of TD) can hold down the guard spots.I guess this means, we have to KILL BILL.

  8. #53
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    so who's the odd man out?

    I mean Bibby is no doubt the player we cut

    But who is out of the rotation?

    Feilds is doing all the intagiables that made him valuable to us last year

    Shump is as much responsible for our win in Toronto (as well as Minny and Washington) as Lin

    Novak makes a little sense, yet beyond his shooting, he's a big man who stretches the floor

    Bill Walker was going to lose his minutes to Melo anyways

    Lin/Shump
    Feilds/Smith/Shump
    Melo/Feilds/Novak
    Stat/Jefferies/Novak
    Chandler/Jefferies

    But what happens when BD comes back?

    With mutiple 2 games in 2 nights as well as 4 games in 6 night sets as well as our one remaining back to back to back remaining, too much depth is a oxymoran (probally spelled wrong) but with chemistry brewing and already 2 players to think about working in (Melo and BD) this is somewhat of a risk

    Yet....I have been quoted before in other threads as saying this would be a great pick up for us!

    Shooter and as Metro's footage showed a dynamic finisher, makes the offense very difficult to stop now!


    Then what happens when BD returns?
    I think Novak, Shump and Jorts are gonna be seeing less time

    Smith will be starting in no time with Fields backing up Melo, and Shump backing up Smith (and Lin until Davis plays)

    Coach will go to Novak and Jeffries depending on whether we need offense or defense.

    Jorts will see spot mins at center and PF. Walker will definitely be out of the rotation.

  9. #54
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Let the games begin...

    lol...we r gonna rock it this year!!!we got an amazing team now...AMAZING!!!we have a chance to bring it all home now!!!our team is better then the miami now no doubt on that!!!

  10. #55
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Did we sign this cat yet? I'm seeing nothing, anywhere...

  11. #56
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Did we sign this cat yet? I'm seeing nothing, anywhere...
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <-- thats the latest

  12. #57
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    we still have to make a roster spot so thats why it isn't official yet

  13. #58
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,663
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    The beginning of the end part II

  14. #59
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I don't want Smith.

    And I have also checked everywhere for a source. Can't find any.

    Like one poster said, he is going to demand a certain amount of shots. He's a worse version of Jamal Crawford, and we don't need a chucker.

    While it's true he's more likely to go off than most players, at what price would that be at? He'd give us 37 one night and go 1-12 the next. Plus, I'm not sure about his commitment on defense. I don't care about the flashy dunks, either, we're dunking just fine without him.

    We need consistency, we're slowly getting more and more of it, especially with the resurgence of Lin. I just feel like this would mess up our chemistry. If this move DOES go down, I hope I'm wrong.

  15. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Did we sign this cat yet? I'm seeing nothing, anywhere...
    nothing has changed today, unless you're counting the number of threads about someone whos not a knick

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 587
    Last Post: Mar 15, 2013, 14:58
  2. Replies: 127
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2013, 14:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •