Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

Superstar

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Clippers are still in the game... I wouldnt be surprised that the Knicks are being used AGAIN to drive up the price offered by another team.
    I don't think that other team can be the Clippers. Methinks they can only offer him the vets minimum for this year at least.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    You can't sell me on Jr Smith. I see nothing good come out of it. He will not make us a better TEAM..No way...
    Ppl over react about players attitudes sometimes JR is a little out there and not the smartest player but besides that brawl he never had any real team issues with Denver. He was always willing to come off the bench in favor of an inferior player in Dante Jones and Aron Aflallo so I don't think he'll mind doing this with Fields.

When the bench is struggling to score you have a guy that can go off for 30 on any night to lean on. You can never have enough fire power especially if you wanna beat Miami and Chicago, a matter a fact imagine Miami bench trying to contain Baron Davis, JR Smith, and Shumpert they'd have fits.

Superstar

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Ppl over react about players attitudes sometimes JR is a little out there and not the smartest player but besides that brawl he never had any real team issues with Denver. He was always willing to come off the bench in favor of an inferior player in Dante Jones and Aron Aflallo so I don't think he'll mind doing this with Fields.

When the bench is struggling to score you have a guy that can go off for 30 on any night to lean on. You can never have enough fire power especially if you wanna beat Miami and Chicago, a matter a fact imagine Miami bench trying to contain Baron Davis, JR Smith, and Shumpert they'd have fits.
    Like i said earlier, i 'm not a JR fan, but i'll give him a shot and see what happens.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    LMAO, classic...me to man, me to.

so who's the odd man out?

I mean Bibby is no doubt the player we cut

But who is out of the rotation?

Feilds is doing all the intagiables that made him valuable to us last year

Shump is as much responsible for our win in Toronto (as well as Minny and Washington) as Lin

Novak makes a little sense, yet beyond his shooting, he's a big man who stretches the floor

Bill Walker was going to lose his minutes to Melo anyways

Lin/Shump
    Feilds/Smith/Shump
    Melo/Feilds/Novak
    Stat/Jefferies/Novak
    Chandler/Jefferies

But what happens when BD comes back?

With mutiple 2 games in 2 nights as well as 4 games in 6 night sets as well as our one remaining back to back to back remaining, too much depth is a oxymoran (probally spelled wrong) but with chemistry brewing and already 2 players to think about working in (Melo and BD) this is somewhat of a risk

Yet....I have been quoted before in other threads as saying this would be a great pick up for us!

Shooter and as Metro's footage showed a dynamic finisher, makes the offense very difficult to stop now!

Then what happens when BD returns?

Superstar

Originally Posted by New New York

Shump is as much responsible for our win in Toronto (as well as Minny and Washington) as Lin

Novak makes a little sense, yet beyond his shooting, he's a big man who stretches the floor

Lin/Shump
    Feilds/Smith/Shump
    Melo/Feilds/Novak
    Stat/Jefferies/Novak
    Chandler/Jefferies

With mutiple 2 games in 2 nights as well as 4 games in 6 night sets as well as our one remaining back to back to back remaining, too much depth is a oxymoran (probally spelled wrong) but with chemistry brewing and already 2 players to think about working in (Melo and BD) this is somewhat of a risk

Yet....I have been quoted before in other threads as saying this would be a great pick up for us!

Shooter and as Metro's footage showed a dynamic finisher, makes the offense very difficult to stop now!

Being that fields is 6-7, he can play a little SF, to spell MELO.BD, JR, Shump, And Lin(Notice no mention of TD) can hold down the guard spots.I guess this means, we have to KILL BILL.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by New New York

Lin/Shump
    Feilds/Smith/Shump
    Melo/Feilds/Novak
    Stat/Jefferies/Novak
    Chandler/Jefferies

I think Novak, Shump and Jorts are gonna be seeing less time

Smith will be starting in no time with Fields backing up Melo, and Shump backing up Smith (and Lin until Davis plays)

Coach will go to Novak and Jeffries depending on whether we need offense or defense.

Jorts will see spot mins at center and PF. Walker will definitely be out of the rotation.

Default Let the games begin...

lol...we r gonna rock it this year!!!we got an amazing team now...AMAZING!!!we have a chance to bring it all home now!!!our team is better then the miami now no doubt on that!!!

Did we sign this cat yet? I'm seeing nothing, anywhere...

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <-- thats the latest

we still have to make a roster spot so thats why it isn't official yet

The beginning of the end part II

I don't want Smith.

And I have also checked everywhere for a source. Can't find any.

Like one poster said, he is going to demand a certain amount of shots. He's a worse version of Jamal Crawford, and we don't need a chucker.

While it's true he's more likely to go off than most players, at what price would that be at? He'd give us 37 one night and go 1-12 the next. Plus, I'm not sure about his commitment on defense. I don't care about the flashy dunks, either, we're dunking just fine without him.

We need consistency, we're slowly getting more and more of it, especially with the resurgence of Lin. I just feel like this would mess up our chemistry. If this move DOES go down, I hope I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    nothing has changed today, unless you're counting the number of threads about someone whos not a knick