2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
In a season of pleasant surprises he may be the biggest. He's been outstanding this year, and not just as a scorer. He's finally maturing and achieving to his potential.

Very nicely put!

Got my hands on the MSG version. Definitely better.

metrocard

Legend
JR need to keep up the level of performance he been having in the last 5 games,
so when a healthy Shump return JR could be put in the starting-lineup.
Felton/JR/Melo/Kurt or Rasheed/and Tyson.

Kidd could come off the bench in a lineup with Shump/Copeland/Amare/Camby.

I gotta disagree with you 100%

Kidd and Shumpert should start because they're better defenders than Felton and J-Swish. Defense over offense.

Bring Felton and Smith off the bench for 22-26 minutes per game where Kidd and Shumpert get 28 minutes per game.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I gotta disagree with you 100%

Kidd and Shumpert should start because they're better defenders than Felton and J-Swish. Defense over offense.

Bring Felton and Smith off the bench for 22-26 minutes per game where Kidd and Shumpert get 28 minutes per game.

I second that entirely.

bigapple

Starter
like Breen said he is like Starks but Starks was way better defender. Probalby same height but more athletic JR are is able to score many hard alley opps Starks rarely or none

btw have u seen Heat? they lost again to Bucks

OKC destroyed Rockets.

Spurs is coming to MSG

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I honestly don't see all the hype of jr smith.He is way to inconsitant on the floor and the shots that he takes 70 % of them are horible.The man could be wide open and instead of taking that shot he will dribble around until he finds a double team then he shoots it.I believe he would rather walk on glass barefooted than play anykind of team ball.I myself cannot wait till he is out of ny unless he goes to the nets.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
JR is playing one on one bball as of late. When he gets the ball, its over, his teammates can relax, cause he is not passing :barf:

zwickks

Benchwarmer
Damn he had a weird game other night. Couldnt hit a J but was making crazy shots driving with contact.

Im gonna be pissed at him for a long time after that foul at the end of the 1st

metrocard

Legend
J.R. Smith was the lone dissenting voice in the Knicks’ locker room, not thrilled with how they beat the Hornets yesterday to break a three-game losing streak. He didn’t see it as a sign they had turned it around.

The Knicks didn’t break away in the 100-87 victory until early in the fourth quarter. Smith was part of the first-half malaise with a wretched last-second foul in the first half on a desperation 3-point shot by Brian Roberts. But Smith had a solid fourth quarter to finish with eight points on 3-of-11 shooting, six assists and four rebounds.

“We’re starting to see progression, but we’re playing against a team that’s not going to be in the playoffs and we expect to play better than that,’’ Smith said. “We talk about being a championship-caliber team, these games shouldn’t be close.’’

Smith fouled Roberts with .5 seconds left in the half, hacking him on a heave from just past midcourt. Smith knew coach Mike Woodson would be ticked.

“In my opinion, it wasn’t a foul,’’ Smith said. “It is what it is. When the ref blew the whistle, the coach gave me one of those ‘what-the-hell-are you doing’ looks. I think that was the worst part.

“For some reason, I have tendencies of fouling the jump shooter or getting bad fouls. I always recognized that look. There aren’t too many times he doesn’t look at me with that look.”

* Amar’e Stoudemire’s minutes restriction is up from 25 to 30, but he remains a sub. Woodson moved James White to starting shooting guard and rookie Chris Copeland started at small forward, allowing Carmelo Anthony to start at power forward, which is Woodson’s preference.

Woodson was asked about sliding Stoudemire into the starting five and left the door open, as he always does.

“We just gradually play him and see how things go and tonight he’ll come off the bench,’’ Woodson said.

Stoudemire had a fluid 12-point outing and said he’s glad to lead the second unit.

* Woodson sounded almost certain Iman Shumpert will return Thursday in London if he doesn’t have a setback in practices.

“I’m sure he’s going to be a little sore, the fact that he hasn’t played in some time,’’ Woodson said. “Just to get him through health-wise and just see where he is. He’ll definitely be restricted when he first steps out on the floor. But just to have him back in uniform will be nice.’’

* Doc Rivers was not at the Garden to watch his son, Hornets rookie guard Austin Rivers. But he’ll see him soon enough. The Hornets play in Boston on Wednesday — and the Celtics coach has a pretty good scouting report on the lottery pick out of Duke.

“He knows my game better than anyone else in this league,’’ the younger Rivers said. “He knows my tendencies, not all of them. I got a couple tricks up my sleeve that I don’t share with my pop. But at the end of the day, those guys don’t [know].

“Even though he knows everything, he can’t share every thought he has about my game. Just like I watched Paul Pierce every game, it doesn’t mean I can stop him.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...1Hasb2h6PXO?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Knicks

metrocard

Legend
bx86it