2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

fender0577

Rotation player
If this is true(signing smith) we are officially a contender now, we'd have crazy depth, size, scoring, a defensive stopper in the middle...Got damn i'm pumped.:peace:

portega1968

El Cacique
tweet from Knicknation.

they have 177 followers, mostly fan based, not media based... dont think thats a reliable rumor (maybe wishful thinking)

I hope anyone takes TD in exchange for a pick (which at the best would be a second rounder from a good team)

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
We've just added another dunker...

Dante's up tempo offense + Lin's passing skills + bunch of great finishers = FUN, FUN and even more FUN!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Hopefully we cut Douglas instead of Bibby. As old and slow looking as Bibby is on the court, I know him and B-Diddy are helping Lin and Shump.

Douglas is doing nothing useful lol.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Bro, we picked up his option no longer than a couple of weeks ago... do you think Dolan's going to pay him his $2M for getting cut? He's pissed enough by paying Chauncey's big bucks we owe him because of lack of long term thinking by our FO... get rid of Bibby's corpse and trade Douglas...

CA7

Scoring Champ
Hopefully we cut Douglas instead of Bibby. As old and slow looking as Bibby is on the court, I know him and B-Diddy are helping Lin and Shump.

Douglas is doing nothing useful lol.

thats nonsense one time STAT needed a towel to wipe something off his goggles and low and behold Toney threw him 1 immediately so we didn't have to use the time out, subsequently we had the timeout at the end of the game to use thus allowing us to hit the go ahead basket and win the game

LeFlume

All Star
If this is true then it's the dumbest move since Starbury. However - It's not been confirmed and I have looked everywhere, NBA.com, ESPN, Knicks website. New York Times, MSG..not a word that he is a Knick.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
If this is true then it's the dumbest move since Starbury. However - It's not been confirmed and I have looked everywhere, NBA.com, ESPN, Knicks website. New York Times, MSG..not a word that he is a Knick.

Why is it the dumbest move he is young, super athletic and is a good 3 shooter who can fit in the fast paced run and gun mike d antoni system, he will provide a great spark off the bench

fender0577

Rotation player
Why is it the dumbest move he is young, super athletic and is a good 3 shooter who can fit in the fast paced run and gun mike d antoni system, he will provide a great spark off the bench
:agreed::agreed:But i think he'll be starting, after all he would be our best SG.:gony:

LeFlume

All Star
Yeah he is great - from neck and down...but he doesn't get it upstairs..I just hope this isn't true..Basketball is teamsport. Jr Smith is playing for "ME Inc" But we have had many of those..Starbury, Steve Francis, why not make the list longer.? ..:barf:

pat

Starter
Yeah he is great - from neck and down...but he doesn't get it upstairs..I just hope this isn't true..Basketball is teamsport. Jr Smith is playing for "ME Inc" But we have had many of those..Starbury, Steve Francis, why not make the list longer.? ..:barf:

May I interject:

Current Chinese Basketball Association star and long-time NBA paradox, J.R. Smith, has more raw talent than almost any other player in professional basketball. The problem is, this raw talent also comes along with a raw attitude which has rubbed many coaches and NBA executives the wrong way.

According to recent reports, two teams are in pursuit of the flashy wing man, the Los Angeles Clippers, and the resurgent New York Knicks.

The Clippers have been explosive and fun to watch so far in the 2011-2012 season, tagged with the nickname ?Lob City? for the high-flying exhibitions they put on night in and night out. The Knicks are at the crest of a seven-game win streak, due to the solid performances from new media darling Jeremy Lin.

Where J.R. Smith lands in coming weeks could change the landscape and team dynamic for one of these two teams.

In Los Angeles, Smith would join a cast of players who play a very similar, athletic and dynamic style. Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan are all about highlight reel passes and dunks, and J.R. Smith loves nothing more. This is the most natural, and reasonable fit for Smith and his temperament.

Adding J.R. Smith to the Knicks roster would be an instant disaster and equal the end of ?Linsanity? as we know it.

Here?s why:

J.R. Smith will demand a certain number of shots no matter with whom he plays. To this point, both Carmelo Anthony and Amar?e Stoudamire have expressed a willingness to share with Jeremy Lin and work off of him. It?s hard to believe that the self-centered Smith would do the same.
J.R. Smith is about J.R. Smith? several coaches in the NBA would tell you the same. Don?t believe me? just ask George Karl. He?d be happy to bend your ear for a few minutes.
Jeremy Lin is successful because he makes his teammates better. They work with him and therefore opportunities are created. J.R. Smith works to create shots for himself first and help his teammates on the backside.
This is a chemistry disaster waiting to happen.

In short, if the New York Knicks are haphazard enough to add J.R. Smith to their roster when he becomes available from the CBA, trouble is being invited. There?s a reason why J.R. Smith has never been able to ?stick? with an NBA team.

Selfishness and a ?me-first? attitude is not the way to a coach?s heart.
http://www.rantsports.com/courtcrus...ith-to-knicks-will-equal-an-end-of-linsanity/

fender0577

Rotation player
Leflume look at it this way, if he does come off the bench, we'd have a sixman of the year candidate, we all know he doesn't get it but, him ad BD running the second unit would probably give use the deepest team in the NBA.:gony: