Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 335

Thread: 2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

  1. #31
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,065
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    We've just added another dunker...

    Dante's up tempo offense + Lin's passing skills + bunch of great finishers = FUN, FUN and even more FUN!

  2. #32
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Hopefully we cut Douglas instead of Bibby. As old and slow looking as Bibby is on the court, I know him and B-Diddy are helping Lin and Shump.

    Douglas is doing nothing useful lol.

  3. #33
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,065
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Bro, we picked up his option no longer than a couple of weeks ago... do you think Dolan's going to pay him his $2M for getting cut? He's pissed enough by paying Chauncey's big bucks we owe him because of lack of long term thinking by our FO... get rid of Bibby's corpse and trade Douglas...

  4. #34
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    Hopefully we cut Douglas instead of Bibby. As old and slow looking as Bibby is on the court, I know him and B-Diddy are helping Lin and Shump.

    Douglas is doing nothing useful lol.
    thats nonsense one time STAT needed a towel to wipe something off his goggles and low and behold Toney threw him 1 immediately so we didn't have to use the time out, subsequently we had the timeout at the end of the game to use thus allowing us to hit the go ahead basket and win the game

  5. #35
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,663
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    If this is true then it's the dumbest move since Starbury. However - It's not been confirmed and I have looked everywhere, NBA.com, ESPN, Knicks website. New York Times, MSG..not a word that he is a Knick.

  6. #36
    Member BachaCho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    283
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by LeFlume
    If this is true then it's the dumbest move since Starbury. However - It's not been confirmed and I have looked everywhere, NBA.com, ESPN, Knicks website. New York Times, MSG..not a word that he is a Knick.
    Why is it the dumbest move he is young, super athletic and is a good 3 shooter who can fit in the fast paced run and gun mike d antoni system, he will provide a great spark off the bench

  7. #37
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by BachaCho
    Why is it the dumbest move he is young, super athletic and is a good 3 shooter who can fit in the fast paced run and gun mike d antoni system, he will provide a great spark off the bench
    But i think he'll be starting, after all he would be our best SG.

  8. #38
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,663
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Yeah he is great - from neck and down...but he doesn't get it upstairs..I just hope this isn't true..Basketball is teamsport. Jr Smith is playing for "ME Inc" But we have had many of those..Starbury, Steve Francis, why not make the list longer.? ..

  9. #39
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    905
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Yeah he is great - from neck and down...but he doesn't get it upstairs..I just hope this isn't true..Basketball is teamsport. Jr Smith is playing for "ME Inc" But we have had many of those..Starbury, Steve Francis, why not make the list longer.? ..
    May I interject:

    Current Chinese Basketball Association star and long-time NBA paradox, J.R. Smith, has more raw talent than almost any other player in professional basketball. The problem is, this raw talent also comes along with a raw attitude which has rubbed many coaches and NBA executives the wrong way.

    According to recent reports, two teams are in pursuit of the flashy wing man, the Los Angeles Clippers, and the resurgent New York Knicks.

    The Clippers have been explosive and fun to watch so far in the 2011-2012 season, tagged with the nickname “Lob City” for the high-flying exhibitions they put on night in and night out. The Knicks are at the crest of a seven-game win streak, due to the solid performances from new media darling Jeremy Lin.

    Where J.R. Smith lands in coming weeks could change the landscape and team dynamic for one of these two teams.

    In Los Angeles, Smith would join a cast of players who play a very similar, athletic and dynamic style. Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan are all about highlight reel passes and dunks, and J.R. Smith loves nothing more. This is the most natural, and reasonable fit for Smith and his temperament.

    Adding J.R. Smith to the Knicks roster would be an instant disaster and equal the end of “Linsanity” as we know it.

    Here’s why:

    J.R. Smith will demand a certain number of shots no matter with whom he plays. To this point, both Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudamire have expressed a willingness to share with Jeremy Lin and work off of him. It’s hard to believe that the self-centered Smith would do the same.
    J.R. Smith is about J.R. Smith– several coaches in the NBA would tell you the same. Don’t believe me– just ask George Karl. He’d be happy to bend your ear for a few minutes.
    Jeremy Lin is successful because he makes his teammates better. They work with him and therefore opportunities are created. J.R. Smith works to create shots for himself first and help his teammates on the backside.
    This is a chemistry disaster waiting to happen.

    In short, if the New York Knicks are haphazard enough to add J.R. Smith to their roster when he becomes available from the CBA, trouble is being invited. There’s a reason why J.R. Smith has never been able to “stick” with an NBA team.


    Selfishness and a “me-first” attitude is not the way to a coach’s heart.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  10. #40
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Yeah he is great - from neck and down...but he doesn't get it upstairs..I just hope this isn't true..Basketball is teamsport. Jr Smith is playing for "ME Inc" But we have had many of those..Starbury, Steve Francis, why not make the list longer.? ..
    Leflume look at it this way, if he does come off the bench, we'd have a sixman of the year candidate, we all know he doesn't get it but, him ad BD running the second unit would probably give use the deepest team in the NBA.

  11. #41
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,663
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    You can't sell me on Jr Smith. I see nothing good come out of it. He will not make us a better TEAM..No way...

  12. #42
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by LeFlume
    You can't sell me on Jr Smith. I see nothing good come out of it. He will not make us a better TEAM..No way...
    Hell i'm not sold on him, i'm just hoping for the best, i hope were wrong though.

  13. #43
    Member BachaCho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    283
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    But i think he'll be starting, after all he would be our best SG.
    I dont think he will start over Fields, even though he could be better then Fields he's not going to just sign with the Knicks and just become a starter, that would destroy Fields confidence, plus Fields is doing great as a starting SG he is starting to come back now... JR would have to earn starting position first, but i think he would be a great spark off the bench and awesome in the 2nd unit

  14. #44
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Clippers are still in the game... I wouldnt be surprised that the Knicks are being used AGAIN to drive up the price offered by another team.

  15. #45
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by BachaCho
    I dont think he will start over Fields, even though he could be better then Fields he's not going to just sign with the Knicks and just become a starter, that would destroy Fields confidence, plus Fields is doing great as a starting SG he is starting to come back now... JR would have to earn starting position first, but i think he would be a great spark off the bench and awesome in the 2nd unit
    But IDK if JR plays that coming of the bench sh**.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 587
    Last Post: Mar 15, 2013, 14:58
  2. Replies: 127
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2013, 14:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •