2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

904f430e59a611e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg
He's rocking the haircut that Tupac had in Juice. Well done JR! :thumbsup:

CA7

Scoring Champ
anyone notice how he just fit right in today I told guys he is the ultimate role player, there when you need him and he loves big nationally televised games

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
He played well today, he chucked a bit (6 of 16) but I understand it was his first game and he hasn't practiced with the team yet. IMO he can become a huge part of this team after the all-star break, enough time to integrate.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Great debut. Was impressed by his defense on Dirk. I was wondering why the heck he was on him, but next time we play them I'll have no problem with Smith defending him if he plays him the same way.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Considering he hasn't practiced with this team, he played his role very well tonight. Props to him for his effort and his awareness on offense. Some of the shots were questionable, but, as I say, not a single practice yet and well played.

The leak out break was a heady play, and one of my favorites of the game.

^Don't over look his defense as well. I heard people saying he can't play defense when we signed him, he looked like a pest out there tonight.

CA7

Scoring Champ
^Don't over look his defense as well. I heard people saying he can't play defense when we signed him, he looked like a pest out there tonight.

I hate when guys say a player doesn't play defense, JR plays D, not great, not horrible but good enough, at the end of the day defense unlike offense is a team concept, if you have 1 good offensive player and 4 sub-par ones you're still gonna score a lot of points, if you have 1 good defender and 4 sub-par ones you're gonna give up a lot of points

our team is loaded,thank god we drafted shump instead of singleton btw and also out bench can start for the bobcats,if we mesh together we going deep into the playoffs and im talking about semi finals 7 games series or higher deep.

jzero29

Rotation player
Jr smith

So far JR smith has seemed to be a great addition. He's eased my fears with his play. It's early but he seems to fit right in, him and B davis and novak can be a dangerous second unit. If we get a big man like Jorts back, they could do serious damage!

metrocard

Legend
?First time I heard good game in 6yrs from my head coach! This Man gives me confidence!? - JR Smith via Twitter

e0dc8af667a311e180c9123138016265_7.jpg