2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

metrocard

Legend
If Smith doesn't preform on Sunday...it will impact where he'll be next season. We need a huge contribution from...he needs to hit those big shots he be taking.

pat

Starter
Chemistry is the most important thing and the best chemistry is between

Chandler/Anthony/Smith/Shumpert/Novak-

Sorry, but nobody can make a justified statement about chemistry with either JR or Melo on court. The amount of passing you are going to say is too small a sample.

Wargames

Starter
jrsmith_medium.gif

sometimes his shooter mentality can get tiresome.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
If Jr Smith can be more consistent this season, and work on dribbling less we are in for a treat.

what i really want to see from JR is more getting to the basket i think he can really thrive in that area if he attacked the basket more.

He needs to play smarter defense too, no more bailing out shooters while their in shooting motion

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Smith is only good vs mediocre oponents that dont play defense .. we have to many teams like this in the league where level 4 players (JR.Smith) gets a pass

munco

Benchwarmer
I know he can get his points, but will he be able to do it shooting a good percentage? He's playing for a contract so we should get him at his best!

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Smith is only good vs mediocre oponents that dont play defense .. we have to many teams like this in the league where level 4 players (JR.Smith) gets a pass
Can you honestly post anything positive about the Knicks? JR plays great defense and was much improved under Woodson.

Everyone singles out the playoff run unfairly. Jr contributed greatly with his rebounding & assists during the regular season and played very well overall. Of course he had some poor shooting nights, as a starter he will be much better. He will thrive and be much more effective in a reduced role.

As our 3rd option on offense I look forward to him proving all of our haters so very wrong.

metrocard

Legend
Can you honestly post anything positive about the Knicks? JR plays great defense and was much improved under Woodson.

Everyone singles out the playoff run unfairly. Jr contributed greatly with his rebounding & assists during the regular season and played very well overall. Of course he had some poor shooting nights, as a starter he will be much better. He will thrive and be much more effective in a reduced role.

As our 3rd option on offense I look forward to him proving all of our haters so very wrong.

If JR Smith can become a more consistent shooter, I think he'll be a James Harden type player for us (Yea I said that)

JR Smith was suppose to be the next Vince Carter coming out of HS, the talent is there; his head was never in the right place.

Seems like JR Smith wants to compete and bring a title back to NY, is real tight with Melo and believes in this system.

Start JR Smith next to Kidd, it can be a better back court than people think.

Paul1355

All Star
All Things JR Smith goes in here.

JR should do better this year. His defense and rebounding improved under Woody and his offense SHOULD be better because he is not coming half away from another country and totally different game having to adjust.

I expect big things from JR and more streak shooting

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I think that JR is a guy that, you know what you're going to get at this point in his career. I don't expect any big leaps in his game, just more of what he does best: dropping trey buckets and putting up shots.

His two BEST shooting seasons came when he played 19 minutes and 23 minutes per game.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Shot selection and overall FG% is my only issue with JR. Besides that I expect him to have a better season with a full training camp under Woodson.

Defensively, I though he was very focused. Sure there were a few instances where he fouled a shooter but at least he was trying to defend. I like the threat he brings to opponents with his shooting and strong finishes at the rim.

The most important thing about JR is how he genuinely wants to be here. He feels comfortable and hopefully that fuels his game.

Kiyaman

Legend

LMAO "JR plays great defense and was much improved under Woodson." LMAO

Smith was a poor (desperate) decision signing, hopefully his trade could bring us something on the deadline.

Smith first 7 games as a Knicks average 29 minutes per game, Dantoni handed in a resignation after Smith 7th game .. 6 game losing streak.
What does that say about Smith in the regular season .. the Knicks were on a 9-2 roll before Smith was added to the rotation....it was hard to tell that Smith & Melo were teammates the past 5 seasons the way the two players couldnt earn an assist from each other.

Dont get the final games of the season confused with just Melo & Smith when we got a consistant outstanding performance from Shump/Novak/and Tyson Chandler.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
LMAO "JR plays great defense and was much improved under Woodson." LMAO

Smith was a poor (desperate) decision signing, hopefully his trade could bring us something on the deadline.

Smith first 7 games as a Knicks average 29 minutes per game, Dantoni handed in a resignation after Smith 7th game .. 6 game losing streak.
What does that say about Smith in the regular season .. the Knicks were on a 9-2 roll before Smith was added to the rotation....it was hard to tell that Smith & Melo were teammates the past 5 seasons the way the two players couldnt earn an assist from each other.

Dont get the final games of the season confused with just Melo & Smith when we got a consistant outstanding performance from Shump/Novak/and Tyson Chandler.
Is it possible to trade you?