Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

Lurker

new to the board guys...hopefully we can party like its 1999 except with a title this time....

but am i the only one that thinks we gave up too much for him? im talking about our future draft picks, the players we had on the roster were garbage anyways lol

Veteran

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    Spot on, that trade he pulled off for Chandler took some guts and grit and he showed he had the sack for it. amnestying Billups and bringing in Chandler is genius.
    Unless he amnesty Stat and let billups contract expire and then went after Dwight and Deron Williams.....

Love chandler but the guy has zero offensive game...lets hope he is working on that ......

Originally Posted by KnicksDynasty
    new to the board guys...hopefully we can party like its 1999 except with a title this time....

but am i the only one that thinks we gave up too much for him? im talking about our future draft picks, the players we had on the roster were garbage anyways lol
    Two 2 round picks...for Marcus Camby....
    no we didnt lol

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Dude great photoshop!!
    lmao im just kidding by the way guys

Not thrilled with losing the picks, but i'm satisfied with everything else we gave up and WELCOME to the board

Camby back?

Lurker

yeah i mean if camby had years on him id be all for it...but hes 38 and idk how much he has left and i remember reading an article where he wanted to be a starter so i hope his ego can handle the fact hes with the dpoy lol

yeah i mean if camby had years on him id be all for it...but hes 38 and idk how much he has left and i remember reading an article where he wanted to be a starter so i hope his ego can handle the fact hes with the dpoy lol
    You my young friend will get 1 rep for having 2 good first posts on KO.

Veteran

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Two 2 round picks...for Marcus Camby....
    no we didnt lol

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!
    Its 2 2nd rounders, jerome jordan , josh Harrislson and TD who we had to throw money in for......so lets assume 4 2nd rounders,,,

Superstar

Originally Posted by FrazierVocab
    We could sign James Anderson or Foye and still possibly have enough to retain J.R.
    Welcome back Camby (Novak too)!! Camby's old as the hills now but surprisingly still productive. I thought we gave up a lot (those 2 2nd rounders sting a little bit--didn't know that was gonna be part of it) but whatever, he'll help. Time to go for it. Who knows -- maybe some of these pieces we just gave Houston end up going to Orlando in a deal for Dwight Howard. Can't count the Rockets out of the Howard sweepstakes just yet. Morey's amassed quite a few good, young assets out there..I'd rather Howard go there than the Nets. F the Nets.

For some reason I just ain't feeling Randy Foye but good call on James Anderson bro. Forgot about him for a sec. Dude's 6'6", a good athlete and he can shoot and score..6'6" Alonzo Gee wouldn't be a bad pickup either. Similar to Anderson... I forgot to mention both of these guys on my SG post yesterday.

I betcha we end up with Sonny Weems. Usually where there's smoke there's fire (I heard last week the Knicks were interested in Weems). I bet they'd like to stick it to Toronto a little too --- you took our guy Fields (and overpayed by a ton mind you, good luck with that Colangelo lol), we'll take your former guy Weems for a lot less. Thought I read somewhere that Weems hurt himself last year in Europe though -- having trouble confirming that. Anyone hear that? Is Weems 100%?

At this point, match the offer for Lin, resign JR Smith, go get another big 2 (Anderson, Alonzo Gee?), a 3rd string PG that's capable (Patty Mills?), maybe a 3rd center (Marcus Cousin), one more cheap big man that can score inside a little (Chandler & Camby aren't true offensive players & we could use one more big that can score behind Amar'e -- I like Darnell Lazare) and maybe one more cheap 2/3 swingman (I'd love Chris Douglas-Roberts, Scotty Hopson, Jamelle Horne, Sylven Landesberg, Austin Freeman, Ryan Wittman or Hollis Thompson --- won't happen though -- if they liked any of these guys, CDR would be inked up already and/or 1 or 2 of these other guys would be on the summer league roster..Maybe this guy Jeff Brooks from Penn State they have on their SL team -- looks intriguing) at let's go to war!!
    Last edited by finestrg; Jul 09, 2012 at 20:44.

Veteran

The Cambyman Can.....Welcome Back(Cue the Welcome back Kotter music!!!!!)OYB( Oh yeah baby!!!!

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Its 2 2nd rounders, jerome jordan , josh Harrislson and TD who we had to throw money in for......so lets assume 4 2nd rounders,,,
    Everyone you posted...

doesnt need to be mentioned here again

Lurker

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    You my young friend will get 1 rep for having 2 good first posts on KO.
    lol like i said, if we didnt give up both of those draft picks this would be a no brainer despite his age....plus the signing of novakaine today was nice, but unlike many i DO NOT want to see jr smith back with the team and i am praying we have enough money to sign oj mayo...i think he would be a perfect fit for us and with the hope that shump returns without any limitations the rotation of oj and shump as our 2 guards would be nice...mayos all around game is so much better than jr "i have no handle and shoot more than melo smith"

Does anyone else feel like we gave up alot to get a 38 yr old guy who will play at most 20 min per?

I mean don't get me wrong I love Camby but he is old... and I really think Harrelson has some promise. Sorry to see him go.

Oh well

I'm happy Camby's back but idk..

ijdk

Camby is the Joe Dimaggio of shot blocking.