Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

Veteran

Camby is a beast. I understand you guys are upset at giving up so much but honestly none of those guys was any good.

Jorts was the only one who would've been half decent. The rest are terrible. **** them.

Originally Posted by knickerbocker12
    so is kidd being dubbed the starter now? i guess i missed something, but i would definitely rather lin start, kidd back up, maybe even kidd at the two until shump gets back
    Kidd won't start over Lin, if anything Kidd will be the starting 2 with Jeremy at the 1. So J.R can come off the bench.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] this isn't a 100% valid anymore however it will give an outline of what is possible.

ok so the knicks gave all their contracts save for Gadz to the rockets, and will likely sign Kidd to the MLE. This means gadz contract in a sign and trade is worth around 2.1 million left to use on a starting salary. Its not the BAE but considering the talent on the team that might be enough to lure a decent player.

Also while I will admit I thought it was lip service when i heard it I remember reading Grunwald was an expert in ways to manipulate the cap. So far he has given out basically two mini MLE's and has enough for basically a BAE by doing the odd move of signing a big man to a last second contract before the playoffs. I really am about to start saying in Grunnie We trust... except when Dolan is involved.
    The addition of Mark Warkentien to the front office has no doubt also helped with our franchise's creative use of the cap to our benefit in the last 2 years.

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Its 2 2nd rounders, jerome jordan , josh Harrislson and TD who we had to throw money in for......so lets assume 4 2nd rounders,,,
    TD & JJ were bench fodder neither one were a part of the rotation anyway. Harrellson was a solid young player but Camby is a clear upgrade. I don't mind giving up 2 2nd round picks to get that much needed depth in our frontcourt. This team only has a window of 3 years to be contenders, I'm happy they're going after players that can contribute right now rather than holding onto assets that in all likelihood would never have had much of an impact in NY regardless. Good move by Grunwald. I am very satisfied with the moves we've made this offseason with Kidd, Camby & James White brought in & Novak's contract extended. Now we just need to match Lin's offer with HOU, get JR Smith re-signed & work on getting a stopgap SG for the vet's min & I think we're pretty much set to start the season.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    TD & JJ were bench fodder neither one were a part of the rotation anyway. Harrellson was a solid young player but Camby is a clear upgrade. I don't mind giving up 2 2nd round picks to get that much needed depth in our frontcourt. This team only has a window of 3 years to be contenders, I'm happy they're going after players that can contribute right now rather than holding onto assets that in all likelihood would never have had much of an impact in NY regardless. Good move by Grunwald. I am very satisfied with the moves we've made this offseason with Kidd, Camby & James White brought in & Novak's contract extended. Now we just need to match Lin's offer with HOU, get JR Smith re-signed & work on getting a stopgap SG for the vet's min & I think we're pretty much set to start the season.
    Why didn't we trade Gadzuric??

Come on this is a TERRIBLE trade!!! Leave it to the knicks to make themselfs look like idiots.Who in their right mind would trade three players AND two draft picks that we needed for a over the hill 38 year old.It just blows me away that some on here are excited about this trade.

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Yeah if you think long term the deal wasn't good but we need to load up for next season to be able to counter ANYTHING Miami throws at us. We will be able to protect the paint for a full 48 Minutes and we will have good decision making from Kidd and the rest is chemistry and cohesiveness.
    Call me crazy but after signing a 39 year old in kidd and 38 year old in camby,I don't think we came close to countering anything from Miami.

Superstar

Good thing we included Douglas so Camby could get his number back : D

Awesome signing.

Superstar

We didn't give up too much.

Jordan and Douglas were useless.

We traded 2 second rounders and Josh Harrellson, those were the only valuable things we lost.

Default Too Much Given Up

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Not sure genious.....we did just give up 3 role players, cash and 2 2nd round picks for Camby.......

The knicks are simply building a 3 year team that will be do or die....After 3 years the only player left on a firm contract will be Novak....
    I had no problem with giving up Douglas but Harrelson and Jordan plus 2 second round picks. Man Houston must have blackmail stuff on Dolan. They continually rape and pillage the Knicks. They have dumped Steve Francis, Moochie Norris, Shandon Anderson, Tracy McGrady on the Knicks. I like Camby but this was not necessary. With the savings the Knicks better sign someone that can score because we have no bench right now with Shump out and JR still on the street. Randy Foye would be nice but I think O.J is out of range.

Originally Posted by Pearl15
    I had no problem with giving up Douglas but Harrelson and Jordan plus 2 second round picks. Man Houston must have blackmail stuff on Dolan. They continually rape and pillage the Knicks. They have dumped Steve Francis, Moochie Norris, Shandon Anderson, Tracy McGrady on the Knicks. I like Camby but this was not necessary. With the savings the Knicks better sign someone that can score because we have no bench right now with Shump out and JR still on the street. Randy Foye would be nice but I think O.J is out of range.
    I just don't get why Dolan and the knicks keep making stupid trades like this giving away draft picks and young talent.

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    I just don't get why Dolan and the knicks keep making stupid trades like this giving away draft picks and young talent.
    WHO IS YOUNG TALENT!?!?!?

DOUGL-ASS? JEROME "CANT GET OFF THE BENCH" JORDAN

....JORTS!? LOL!!! some more Laundry Folds from the 2nd round?

The Knicks made a WIN NOW move and I support it fully.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Why didn't we trade Gadzuric??
    His contract is non-guaranteed, so he maybe a decent piece to use in another sign & trade, possibly for a SG fill-in? If he's not traded then he can simply be dropped from the roster to open up a roster spot.

They didn't give up any talent. They kept there young talent in Lin and Shumpert. We didn't give up any first round picks. Douglas has been terrible and needs a change of scenery. We gave up a developmental center with Jordan who hasn't shown that much. The 2nds round picks are too much since odds are what talent will u find in the 2nd round? Harrelson is the only talent u rather not lose but would u rather have jorts or Camby for a win now team.

Jared Jefferies> camby

This trade is so loop sided

3 players plus two picks for a 38 veteran.