Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

Great pick up, we traded two DNPs, Harrellson and some 2nd round picks. I'm going to miss Jorts though, great guy. But we did what we had to, it's time to make a Camby/Chandler sig!

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Agreed! All in......Clearly this trade + Kidd's has made the statement that we're going for the jugular right now.

The next 3 years will be awesome!!!

With all these expiring contracts 3 years from now, who knows where we'll end up? But, for now at least, we're headed in the right direction and have other teams no doubt sh!tting themselves about the new beast in the east.

I was bummed about losing Harrelson too. But I don't think his career has the longevity to take us past the net 3 years. He's a lumbering sack of potatoes, really. I don't actually think I've seen anyone meander up the court quite like he does since the late 80s early 90s, when the white stiff still roamed the hardwood.

Good laterally, clearly intelligent, but he's like a Renault: shows promise until inevitably falling apart.

I'm glad for the acquisition of Camby, because we have one thing in mind - hunting for gold and not looking any further beyond the big prize.

Coach Woodson has involuntarily jizzed himself multiple times over his new roster, according to an inside horse.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

A source said Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald was heavily involved in the decision and Camby couldn’t see himself playing in Miami as a former Knick. “He’s back to his favorite place,’’ the source said.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    A source said Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald was heavily involved in the decision and Camby couldn’t see himself playing in Miami as a former Knick. “He’s back to his favorite place,’’ the source said.
    I love that. Camby is true blue and orange.

Overall, happy he's back.

Veteran

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I love that. Camby is true blue and orange.

Overall, happy he's back.
    Plus we offered him the most money and a 3 year contract.....if he hated Miami that much he could have taken the vet minimum and we could have used that sign and trade for a SG

Superstar

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Plus we offered him the most money and a 3 year contract.....if he hated Miami that much he could have taken the vet minimum and we could have used that sign and trade for a SG
    Dude...it's always about the money.

I think some people are going to be surprised about Camby's passing. He's one of the best interior passing big men around. It can only help Amar'e and Tyson as they like to get their buckets deep in the paint. There are so many possibilities with tinkering the line-up with the additions of Kidd and the Cambyman. I'm getting a boner just thinking about it.

A twin tower combo of Camby and TC? Camby and Amar'e @ the 5 and 4? Amar'e is going to have much more room to work with with Camby at the center position, as he can hit that 10-18ft jumper.

WELCOME BACK, Marcus Camby! May your return to the New York Knickerbockers result in a Finals appearance for the Orange & Blue, just like in '99.

Welcome back to the Cambyman!

The Cambydawgggg!

This is great pick-up, he's gonna come in and swat the shots, he'll grab some boards, he can probably still slam dunk.

Veteran

One of the best moves they made this off season. Hopefully he'll help in taking us back to the finals for some unfinished biz.

One thing i like about Camby is he is a very fundamentally sound shot blocker. He actually swats at the ball first then jumps second which improves block accuracy and also allows him to recover quickly if someone pump faked. You rarely see Camby jumping around on fakes like Ibaka because he plays the ball exclusively.

Originally Posted by JujuXG
    Jared Jefferies> camby

This trade is so loop sided

3 players plus two picks for a 38 veteran.
    Jeffries will most likely re-sign for the vets min. Does that make you happy?

Also, two 2nd round picks arent that valuable especially if we're expecting to be a top 4 team in the east. TD was done and Jorts, while productive, wouldn't provide the impact NOW that Camby will.

Perhaps they over did it by a pick or a player, but we're better now so fvck it.

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    One thing i like about Camby is he is a very fundamentally sound shot blocker. He actually swats at the ball first then jumps second which improves block accuracy and also allows him to recover quickly if someone pump faked. You rarely see Camby jumping around on fakes like Ibaka because he plays the ball exclusively.
    This is why the Knicks gave up what they did for Camby.

Good post!

Veteran

The Houston Rockets drafted an athletic versatile Royce White with the Knicks 2012 first round pick....Houston Rockets gives (Knicks RFA) Jeremy Lin a 4 yr $28.8M offer-sheet.... and the Knicks give the Houston Rockets two upcoming Bigmen in Jorts n Jordan, 2 future 2nd round draft picks, plus all of TD salary for an ole Knicks Fan-Favorite Camby....is anyone taking notes???

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The Houston Rockets drafted an athletic versatile Royce White with the Knicks 2012 first round pick....Houston Rockets gives (Knicks RFA) Jeremy Lin a 4 yr $28.8M offer-sheet.... and the Knicks give the Houston Rockets two upcoming Bigmen in Jorts n Jordan, 2 future 2nd round draft picks, plus all of TD salary for an ole Knicks Fan-Favorite Camby....is anyone taking notes???
    And the epic T-MAC deal.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Does anyone else feel like we gave up alot to get a 38 yr old guy who will play at most 20 min per?

I mean don't get me wrong I love Camby but he is old... and I really think Harrelson has some promise. Sorry to see him go.

Oh well

I'm happy Camby's back but idk..

ijdk
    Not at all. In 22mpg last year the man averaged 9rpg which is incredible.