Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

Nyk Logo Camby is game ready. 'I was ready to play' vs. Miami

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

CAMBY: "I was ready to play in the Miami game, but I don't make those decisions," he said. "I just have to be ready when my name is called."

WOODSON: "He's got to learn our coverages and get a little sharper there," Woodson said, "but I thought overall he was pretty active and got up and down the floor, did all of our drills. He's smart enough. He'll pick things up. We'll keep drilling and we'll take it a day at a time. A lot of it is still conditioning and maintaining something during his running. So we'll see."

CAMBY: "I practiced last week, too, and I felt I could have helped the team," he said. "But now, we know the schedule is Friday then Tuesday, so we'll get good practice in."

I like how the organization knows that these guys shouldn't be run into the ground and need to have the game plan & Strategy down.

Also it makes a ton of sense to move Melo to the 3 against the Mavs with Marion out.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Coach Dantoni : How you feel Marcus , we need you vs Miami 30+ min

Marcus : Coach I just hurt myself

Game 1 vs Miami

Coach Dantoni : C'MON MARCUS lets go , lets go , lets go , lets go , lets go , lets go ,lets go , lets go , lets go.

Heat Win 120 Knicks 100 - Camby out until All - Star game.....

Thats the **** that ****ed our team the last few years , rushing people back and not watching minutes lol

Had it been Melo that Coach Woodson was sitting out the media would have made it into an overblown story.

Cant wait to see camby finally playing in a knicks uniform again.

Default The Marcus Camby Mystery

Not sure if any saw the SB nation post on Marcus Camby, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There's something strange going on with his lack of playing time and they had some theories on why he isn't playing. What theories do you guys have as to why Woodson isn't playing him?

what's going on, camby?

Well the theory about the injury is probable given our team's shady way of disclosing information about injuries seems possible, remember he was only supposed to have missed like one pre season game ended up missing them all and Stat was supposed to be so insignificant that "had it been the regular season he wouldve been out there" yet here we are at the regular season and nothing!

But, I can't see that being the issue since every interview Camby talks about being ready to play.

I think somehow he and Woody have gotten into a little beef. Remember when Woody was asked how Kurt Thomas took losing his playing time all of a sudden and Woody said "he's a true professional and he did not say anything" and then he talked about how he stressed guys needed to check egos at the door.

Now think about when Camby was asked about his injury and being ready before the Magic game he said "I've been ready since opening night, but I dont make the calls about who plays and who does not".

Now..I'm a big Woodson fan, and I believe winning is the cure all, but when you look at our 3 losses this season rebounding,defense and turnovers have been the reason and Camby fixes 2 of those 3 problems.

again for the 1000th time my proposed lineup with Amare hurt

Felton
    Brewer
    Melo
    Camby
    Chandler

Felton and Melo make things happen on the offensive end and on defense we are freakin remarkable with Melo's new commitment to D.

fine if starting him is a stretch then 6th or 7th man...but bench?

Hopefully they can peace things out soon!

Originally Posted by New New York
    Well the theory about the injury is probable given our team's shady way of disclosing information about injuries seems possible, remember he was only supposed to have missed like one pre season game ended up missing them all and Stat was supposed to be so insignificant that "had it been the regular season he wouldve been out there" yet here we are at the regular season and nothing!

But, I can't see that being the issue since every interview Camby talks about being ready to play.

I think somehow he and Woody have gotten into a little beef. Remember when Woody was asked how Kurt Thomas took losing his playing time all of a sudden and Woody said "he's a true professional and he did not say anything" and then he talked about how he stressed guys needed to check egos at the door.

Now think about when Camby was asked about his injury and being ready before the Magic game he said "I've been ready since opening night, but I dont make the calls about who plays and who does not".

Now..I'm a big Woodson fan, and I believe winning is the cure all, but when you look at our 3 losses this season rebounding,defense and turnovers have been the reason and Camby fixes 2 of those 3 problems.

again for the 1000th time my proposed lineup with Amare hurt

Felton
    Brewer
    Melo
    Camby
    Chandler

Felton and Melo make things happen on the offensive end and on defense we are freakin remarkable with Melo's new commitment to D.

fine if starting him is a stretch then 6th or 7th man...but bench?

Hopefully they can peace things out soon!
    Thats a really good observation on the playing time quotes from Kurt vs. Camby. It does look like this could be personal. Either way, we signed Camby for 3 years so its Woodson's job to figure this out.

i'd rather have camby with a minor injury then drama.

**** drama.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Camby has for very long been one of my favorite players in the NBA, very underrated guy.

Every season, every day Camby was a Knick, there was always an injury or something.

Camby never in his life really played fully as a Knick and I think the Knicks jersey is cursed on Camby because if you been a Knick fan for over 15 years you know seeing Camby on the court in a Knicks jersey was almost as rare as seeing Antonio McDysess on the court.

I just wish Camby would break the curse and play for the Knicks 20+ minutes per game. I've awaited this moment for YEARS.

He's being benched because of sexual activities involving Woodsons daughter

Forget camby though how about our Defensive player of the year Tyson Chandler.. whats up with him.
    I'm not seeing the defensive monster i saw last season
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Nov 25, 2012 at 14:42.

Veteran

When your super-star is calling all the shots, but shows no effort on the
    defensive-end, plus play ISO-Ball averaging 25 shot attempts per game ..
    expect his teammates to follow suit.

Coach Woody & Camby mystery are the same as the Amare mystery ....

Melo-Melo-Melo-Melo and his ex-Denver Nuggets teammate JR.Smith has been averaging above 32 minutes per game .. each of the 11 games the two high scoring players has been getting closer & closer to running the same ISO-offense they perform for the Denver Nuggets for seven straight seasons. Camby & Billups spoke against the ISO-offense players who played no defense in Denver, and the Denver Nuggets traded them.

Having a 8-3 record with the last two games becoming losses to teams under the .500 mark.
    The last two games I watched a PF-Melo jog down court on offense to only stop at the 3-ball line, then demand the ball to shoot a 3-ball shot then backup to the defensive end of the court, it did not matter if Melo hit the shot or miss the shot, Melo made no effort in going as far as the perimeter on the offensive-end .. is that the type of PF we want on the Knicks? or SF we want on the Knicks?

Your comments are welcome ....

LOL
    Here we go again.

You guys sound like the middle girl from the Brady Bunch
    "MELO MELO MELO!!!"

LOL, what does Carmelo have to do with Camby's absence or Tyson's defensive liability? Melo's been doing some great job and so has JR, there is absolutely no reason to not play them 32 minutes/game.