2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

metrocard

Legend
Camby has for very long been one of my favorite players in the NBA, very underrated guy.

Every season, every day Camby was a Knick, there was always an injury or something.

Camby never in his life really played fully as a Knick and I think the Knicks jersey is cursed on Camby because if you been a Knick fan for over 15 years you know seeing Camby on the court in a Knicks jersey was almost as rare as seeing Antonio McDysess on the court.

I just wish Camby would break the curse and play for the Knicks 20+ minutes per game. I've awaited this moment for YEARS.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
He's being benched because of sexual activities involving Woodsons daughter :lol:

Forget camby though how about our Defensive player of the year Tyson Chandler.. whats up with him.
I'm not seeing the defensive monster i saw last season

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
When your super-star is calling all the shots, but shows no effort on the
defensive-end, plus play ISO-Ball averaging 25 shot attempts per game ..
expect his teammates to follow suit.

Coach Woody & Camby mystery are the same as the Amare mystery ....

Melo-Melo-Melo-Melo and his ex-Denver Nuggets teammate JR.Smith has been averaging above 32 minutes per game .. each of the 11 games the two high scoring players has been getting closer & closer to running the same ISO-offense they perform for the Denver Nuggets for seven straight seasons. Camby & Billups spoke against the ISO-offense players who played no defense in Denver, and the Denver Nuggets traded them.

Having a 8-3 record with the last two games becoming losses to teams under the .500 mark.
The last two games I watched a PF-Melo jog down court on offense to only stop at the 3-ball line, then demand the ball to shoot a 3-ball shot then backup to the defensive end of the court, it did not matter if Melo hit the shot or miss the shot, Melo made no effort in going as far as the perimeter on the offensive-end .. is that the type of PF we want on the Knicks? or SF we want on the Knicks?

Your comments are welcome ....
:gony:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
LOL, what does Carmelo have to do with Camby's absence or Tyson's defensive liability? Melo's been doing some great job and so has JR, there is absolutely no reason to not play them 32 minutes/game.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Melo-Melo-Melo-Melo and his ex-Denver Nuggets teammate JR.Smith has been averaging above 32 minutes per game .. each of the 11 games the two high scoring players has been getting closer & closer to running the same ISO-offense they perform for the Denver Nuggets for seven straight seasons. Camby & Billups spoke against the ISO-offense players who played no defense in Denver, and the Denver Nuggets traded them.

Having a 8-3 record with the last two games becoming losses to teams under the .500 mark.
The last two games I watched a PF-Melo jog down court on offense to only stop at the 3-ball line, then demand the ball to shoot a 3-ball shot then backup to the defensive end of the court, it did not matter if Melo hit the shot or miss the shot, Melo made no effort in going as far as the perimeter on the offensive-end .. is that the type of PF we want on the Knicks? or SF we want on the Knicks?

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic. The confusion is all the way real. lol

zshopa

Benchwarmer
None of this is Melo's Fault!!!!!! R u high? Now his poor defensive trips every other time down the floor are a problem and his constant bitching at calls is annoying but cambys playing time has absolutely nothing to do with it. and if u think woody is gonna play a top5 leading scorer in the league less to acomodate for a 38 yr old center ur nuts!

Camby should have gotten minutes in the 4th quarter yesterday when we were already blowing them out. What's up with Woodson's love for Sheed? He is playing too many minutes if you ask me. You don't give the guy that hasn't played in 2 years more minutes than a former DPOY that just came off a season averaging 9 rpg and 1.5 steals. Those are better stats than what Chandler has now, what gives?

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer

BAHAHAHAHA, what in the blue hell does this have to do with Melo?

That's the new ish, if there is ever a mystery, blame it on Melo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iJoe

Rotation player
I think we all saw why Camby didn't play much in the Nets game.

He played like crap. Plain and simple.

He needs to focus on rebounding first and then on defense. Let the game come to him instead of forcing so much.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think we all saw why Camby didn't play much in the Nets game.

He played like crap. Plain and simple.

He needs to focus on rebounding first and then on defense. Let the game come to him instead of forcing so much.

Woodson isn't playing him much and when he does its for about 4-5 minutes a game. What the hell could you possibly get out of those sporadic minutes? You aren't making sense.

Give Camby a good 15 minutes and you will get production. I'm willing to put money on it. The guy hasn't forgot how to play basketball.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Guys are just too unfair to a guy who's yet to be given a fair chance. Do I need to pull up some old Dantoni threads where people were ripping him for not giving certain players a fair chance to produce??

iJoe

Rotation player
Woodson isn't playing him much and when he does its for about 4-5 minutes a game. What the hell could you possibly get out of those sporadic minutes? You aren't making sense.

Give Camby a good 15 minutes and you will get production. I'm willing to put money on it. The guy hasn't forgot how to play basketball.

You could make that argument for any NBA player. That he just needs minutes.

I'm tired of guys feeling entitled. Watching Camby get out hustled and destroyed on the offensive boards showed me a lack of effort. Maybe he needs more time to get back into shape or something, but at the very least, he shouldn't be whining about playing time. He should be earning it.

Case in point, Sheed got crap minutes and didn't complain at all. He joked about being okay with garbage time. He played himself into the lineup.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
You could make that argument for any NBA player. That he just needs minutes.

I'm tired of guys feeling entitled. Watching Camby get out hustled and destroyed on the offensive boards showed me a lack of effort. Maybe he needs more time to get back into shape or something, but at the very least, he shouldn't be whining about playing time. He should be earning it.

Case in point, Sheed got crap minutes and didn't complain at all. He joked about being okay with garbage time. He played himself into the lineup.

Sheed played like 3 games of garbage minutes and then was quickly insterted into the rotation as the main back up big.

I agree that Camby needs to get more time you have also look at it from a mental standpoint he's probably mad uncomfortable with the type of minutes he's getting so it could be hindering his production. Woodson rotations have been bad imo you gotta give him a chance yea Reggie Evans out rebounded him but Evans is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league and he's young.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Another day, another DNP. This is ridiculous. He deserves better. How is he meant to prove he can play (which we all know he can) when he gets no time or 5 min. Woodson's rotation have generally been garbage apart from a few games this year.

KingCharles34

All Star
Sheed played like 3 games of garbage minutes and then was quickly insterted into the rotation as the main back up big.

I agree that Camby needs to get more time you have also look at it from a mental standpoint he's probably mad uncomfortable with the type of minutes he's getting so it could be hindering his production. Woodson rotations have been bad imo you gotta give him a chance yea Reggie Evans out rebounded him but Evans is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league and he's young.

Exactly what Ive been sayin green rep. He got those 4 or 5 minutes against the Nets and that was it. I believe Camby woulda been more effective if he had minutes where Reggie Evans wasnt in the game. Evans is a tough rugged dude thats just a bad matchup for Camby. The good news is he doesnt play on every team, only the Nets. Hence the reference, Woodson needs to give Camby more minutes.