2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Word. Last season's decisions by him were the right ones, but to me it was common sense (which some GMs don't have). This season he's proven he's the real deal.

I wish it was my job to hand Dolan's money to people.......Not fair.

He has done well, and the Chandler trade was the catalyst for bringing in Kidd and Camby unquestionably.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Crazy⑧s;240957 said:
I wish it was my job to hand Dolan's money to people.......Not fair.

He has done well, and the Chandler trade was the catalyst for bringing in Kidd and Camby unquestionably.

Spot on, that trade he pulled off for Chandler took some guts and grit and he showed he had the sack for it. amnestying Billups and bringing in Chandler is genius.

Wargames

Starter
http://theknickswall.com/2012/07/08/knicks-stand/ this isn't a 100% valid anymore however it will give an outline of what is possible.

ok so the knicks gave all their contracts save for Gadz to the rockets, and will likely sign Kidd to the MLE. This means gadz contract in a sign and trade is worth around 2.1 million left to use on a starting salary. Its not the BAE but considering the talent on the team that might be enough to lure a decent player.

Also while I will admit I thought it was lip service when i heard it I remember reading Grunwald was an expert in ways to manipulate the cap. So far he has given out basically two mini MLE's and has enough for basically a BAE by doing the odd move of signing a big man to a last second contract before the playoffs. I really am about to start saying in Grunnie We trust... except when Dolan is involved.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Camyb.jpg
Dude great photoshop!!

skisloper

Starter
MAAN grunwald is a genius since last offseason he's been making nice move after nice move, GENIUS!!! deepest team in the league no doubt.

Not sure genious.....we did just give up 3 role players, cash and 2 2nd round picks for Camby.......

The knicks are simply building a 3 year team that will be do or die....After 3 years the only player left on a firm contract will be Novak....

new to the board guys...hopefully we can party like its 1999 except with a title this time....

but am i the only one that thinks we gave up too much for him? im talking about our future draft picks, the players we had on the roster were garbage anyways lol

skisloper

Starter
Spot on, that trade he pulled off for Chandler took some guts and grit and he showed he had the sack for it. amnestying Billups and bringing in Chandler is genius.

Unless he amnesty Stat and let billups contract expire and then went after Dwight and Deron Williams.....

Love chandler but the guy has zero offensive game...lets hope he is working on that ......

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
new to the board guys...hopefully we can party like its 1999 except with a title this time....

but am i the only one that thinks we gave up too much for him? im talking about our future draft picks, the players we had on the roster were garbage anyways lol
Two 2 round picks...for Marcus Camby....
no we didnt lol

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! :gony:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

Not thrilled with losing the picks, but i'm satisfied with everything else we gave up and WELCOME to the board

yeah i mean if camby had years on him id be all for it...but hes 38 and idk how much he has left and i remember reading an article where he wanted to be a starter so i hope his ego can handle the fact hes with the dpoy lol

You my young friend will get 1 rep for having 2 good first posts on KO.

finestrg

Rotation player
We could sign James Anderson or Foye and still possibly have enough to retain J.R.

Welcome back Camby (Novak too)!! Camby's old as the hills now but surprisingly still productive. I thought we gave up a lot (those 2 2nd rounders sting a little bit--didn't know that was gonna be part of it) but whatever, he'll help. Time to go for it. Who knows -- maybe some of these pieces we just gave Houston end up going to Orlando in a deal for Dwight Howard. Can't count the Rockets out of the Howard sweepstakes just yet. Morey's amassed quite a few good, young assets out there..I'd rather Howard go there than the Nets. F the Nets.

For some reason I just ain't feeling Randy Foye but good call on James Anderson bro. Forgot about him for a sec. Dude's 6'6", a good athlete and he can shoot and score..6'6" Alonzo Gee wouldn't be a bad pickup either. Similar to Anderson... I forgot to mention both of these guys on my SG post yesterday.

I betcha we end up with Sonny Weems. Usually where there's smoke there's fire (I heard last week the Knicks were interested in Weems). I bet they'd like to stick it to Toronto a little too --- you took our guy Fields (and overpayed by a ton mind you, good luck with that Colangelo lol), we'll take your former guy Weems for a lot less. Thought I read somewhere that Weems hurt himself last year in Europe though -- having trouble confirming that. Anyone hear that? Is Weems 100%?

At this point, match the offer for Lin, resign JR Smith, go get another big 2 (Anderson, Alonzo Gee?), a 3rd string PG that's capable (Patty Mills?), maybe a 3rd center (Marcus Cousin), one more cheap big man that can score inside a little (Chandler & Camby aren't true offensive players & we could use one more big that can score behind Amar'e -- I like Darnell Lazare) and maybe one more cheap 2/3 swingman (I'd love Chris Douglas-Roberts, Scotty Hopson, Jamelle Horne, Sylven Landesberg, Austin Freeman, Ryan Wittman or Hollis Thompson --- won't happen though -- if they liked any of these guys, CDR would be inked up already and/or 1 or 2 of these other guys would be on the summer league roster..Maybe this guy Jeff Brooks from Penn State they have on their SL team -- looks intriguing) at let's go to war!!

Last edited: