2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

nyk_nyk

All Star
Jared Jefferies> camby

This trade is so loop sided

3 players plus two picks for a 38 veteran.

Jeffries will most likely re-sign for the vets min. Does that make you happy?

Also, two 2nd round picks arent that valuable especially if we're expecting to be a top 4 team in the east. TD was done and Jorts, while productive, wouldn't provide the impact NOW that Camby will.

Perhaps they over did it by a pick or a player, but we're better now so fvck it.

nyk_nyk

All Star
One thing i like about Camby is he is a very fundamentally sound shot blocker. He actually swats at the ball first then jumps second which improves block accuracy and also allows him to recover quickly if someone pump faked. You rarely see Camby jumping around on fakes like Ibaka because he plays the ball exclusively.

This is why the Knicks gave up what they did for Camby.

Good post!

Kiyaman

Legend
The Houston Rockets drafted an athletic versatile Royce White with the Knicks 2012 first round pick....Houston Rockets gives (Knicks RFA) Jeremy Lin a 4 yr $28.8M offer-sheet.... and the Knicks give the Houston Rockets two upcoming Bigmen in Jorts n Jordan, 2 future 2nd round draft picks, plus all of TD salary for an ole Knicks Fan-Favorite Camby....is anyone taking notes???

The Houston Rockets drafted an athletic versatile Royce White with the Knicks 2012 first round pick....Houston Rockets gives (Knicks RFA) Jeremy Lin a 4 yr $28.8M offer-sheet.... and the Knicks give the Houston Rockets two upcoming Bigmen in Jorts n Jordan, 2 future 2nd round draft picks, plus all of TD salary for an ole Knicks Fan-Favorite Camby....is anyone taking notes???

And the epic T-MAC deal.

Does anyone else feel like we gave up alot to get a 38 yr old guy who will play at most 20 min per?

I mean don't get me wrong I love Camby but he is old... and I really think Harrelson has some promise. Sorry to see him go.

Oh well

I'm happy Camby's back but idk..

ijdk

Not at all. In 22mpg last year the man averaged 9rpg which is incredible.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Best thing about this thread is that Prince made it. Best news ever for me, Camby has been my favorite center along with Nene and now we have him.

thanks bro, finally i can be active on here again, been a while. when we chillin dude? we aint get to hang for the playoffs, haha. we got an 82 game season coming up.

** it mind boggles me how some of you guys are complaining we gave up young talent? seriously? Douglas has been on a downward slide since his 9 3pointer game. and he isnt a pure pg to spell or help lin. Jordan>? seriously the dude was horrible around the basket and seemed to have 2 left feet in the little minutes he did play. Harrelson was the only hard piece to give up but even he's not going to amount to much, loved his engery and hustle but he doesnt give us anything Camby cant. You guys are looking at age as a problem? we dont need em to start just spell Chandler and come in whenever stats in foul trouble or whatever 20 mins a game is all we need and last year he averaged almost 10, boards in 25 mins. thats GREAT. we now have interior precenses who demand respect, one is the defensive player of the year, and the other is a former DPoY. wake up people this gave us experience, grit, defense, rebounding, solid rotation guy who believe it or not starts on a majority of teams in the league. Spectacular move by Grunnie to bring in more depth. were the deepest team in the league who can roll 10 deep on every given day and for that alone were on par with MIA.

STAT1

Starter
Getting Camby for 3 bench players and two draft picks were too much. Now they will have to sign a bunch of minimum talent to fill out the roster. They should have kept Harrelson at least. Camby is 41 years of age and its not like he putting the Knicks over the top in competition with Miami and Chicago. We will see.

So we have to sign a bunch of minimum talent to replace the minimum talent we gave up to get Camby? Harrellson was a solid player but nowhere near on Camby's level as a defensive player & rebounder even at his age. & Camby is not 41 years of age, he's 38. Yes, he's old but 3 years makes a big difference. I don't think he puts us over the top, no role player could do that for this team, but he definitely makes us better. That's good enough for me. Harrellson, Jordan & Toney Douglas were not doing that for us.

haha, I remember that play^^, In truth, I couldn't do anything but smile. I like both players and both players did what you were suppose to do in that situation. Camby land really isn't a sweet place to be.

p0nder

Starter
That play on Fields was exactly why we went after Camby. The guy still blocked that shot (his hand is on the ball before body contact, so i don't think it should have been a flagrant)

Camby is one of the best Defensive centers in the league (ever and still). He plays hard, runs the floor, stays in shape, and takes pride in his defense (just like Tyson he protects the rim) He will swat shots away even after the whistle. He just does not let any easy lay-ups or shots go up on him.

He will be a great asset to teach STAT how to play as an undersized defensive big. He will solidify TC's defensive style and show him how to be a better rebounder. He will take the rest minutes that STAT and TC both require and is a huge upgrade at both ends of the floor over last year's bench bigs (Jerome and Jorts). If we sign someone like the Giraffe or K-Mart we have the best front court in the league by far, when including the bench players.

It's an area we will dominate Miami in. Outside of going after Dwight I don't see how we get any better upfront (and in fact I think TC's defense shuts down Dwight on a regular basis, so i'd actually rather have TC)

I can not believe that Knicks fan's of all people are bitching about giving up TD and Jorts (and Jerome + 2 2nd rounders) for CAMBY, one of the toughest Knicks of all time. How often over the last 11 years did we moan about defense and rebounding??? That is what wins games. That's what wins championships!!! We are ALL IN for next season. This is it. No more "wait and see" no more excuses. This team is built to win over the next 3 years and CAMBY will be a huge part of that.

If Nash can be an effective PG at his age, why can't CAMBY be an effective C??? Experience pays off here folks. CAMBY is primed for this. The Knicks are the real deal and Miami will feel this move the most.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
large_148213683_10.jpg

ahh somethings are just meant to be. that camby 23 is legit.

metrocard

Legend
#23 is back home in the Garden, one of my favorite centers in the NBA and I think would potentially be the perfect starter next to Chandler.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I Cant wait to see Camby back in the Garden, the Gardens going to be rocking when he takes his first step back on the court as a Knick

Glad to see Kurt Thomas back as well, he ain't got much left in the tank but he still plays with alot of heart and passion, no easy buckets!!

Paul1355

All Star
#23 is back home in the Garden, one of my favorite centers in the NBA and I think would potentially be the perfect starter next to Chandler.

Besides lacking PG depth, our 2nd biggest need was a backup center to lock down the post when Tyson was out.

I am tired of seeing Amare play center. Yes he is faster than most centers and can move better off the dribble, but you suffer having AMare at center with his comical defense and rebounding.

Tyson can now play aggresive and not worry about hurting his team so much when he comes out. Tyson has a temper and gets in foul trouble often, this is where Camby will get his big minutes.

We won't have a mis match when we face tall teams like the Lakers if we have Camby and Tyson share the floor to guard Bynum and Gasol, so we addres different issues with Camby.

It i nostaligia seeing him in a KNick uniform again and bring him and Kurt Thomas back is great for the long time knick fan.

I am excited to have Camby back, he will be a huge part of this team...Mob Deep now has a lock down defender in the paint.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I love how people use age to discredit our veteran pick ups, with Kurt Thomas, it's a fair enough point. However Marcus Camby still has years of game left in him.

He will seriously bolster our second unit, kind of dissapointed him and Jeffries can't share the paint together. But if rumour is true and Jeffries is waived, we could have him back sooner than usual.

Kurt Thomas will be a decent signing, he is a great player to have in garbage minutes. I think Melo & Camby will share the minutes when STAT is on the bench, but putting Thomas out there wouldn't hurt. He still plays tough defense and has another 5 fouls to give. A great enforcer to have out their especially against some of the younger PF's to throw them off their game. Let's not forget that he is 4th all time blocks on the Knicks. Not to mention he still has a sweet elbow jumper that would let Chandler & Camby go to work around the rim.