Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    Bynum gets injured, kobe gets injured, and guess whose gets ripped on for injuries? the knicks, for injuries that shouldnt even be considered injuries. im getting sick and tired of the media giving the knicks **** about everything.
    It's just an update for those that are pining for any and all Knicks info, like us.

Nothing to be too concerned about, I don't think. Definitely not on par with the severity of Bynum's injury.

A strained calf and a rolled ankle. With the professionals the Knicks have that make a living out of rehabilitating pro sports injuries, this really means d*ck all.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    It's just an update for those that are pining for any and all Knicks info, like us.

Nothing to be too concerned about, I don't think. Definitely not on par with the severity of Bynum's injury.

A strained calf and a rolled ankle. With the professionals the Knicks have that make a living out of rehabilitating pro sports injuries, this really means d*ck all.
    Camby doesn't matter, but it's a bad sign to see Amare already starting to break down. You can say it's just an ankle, and yes they are just keeping him out because it's preseason...but Amare isn't getting any younger.

Originally Posted by BillyHoyle
    Camby doesn't matter, but it's a bad sign to see Amare already starting to break down. You can say it's just an ankle, and yes they are just keeping him out because it's preseason...but Amare isn't getting any younger.
    Amare practiced today though, he was just feeling the effects of the longer practices, he even went back out on the court today to work out some more but woodson didnt allow it

as long as they are minor injuries, i wouldn't worry

Superstar

And here we go

This is where having the oldest team in NBA history will seriously hurt. Especially the front court.

One or two injuries and we will have to play Kurt Thomas or Rasheed Wallace 35+ minutes, or go very undersized lineup. Which is not a good plan. Especially in the post season.

I think we really needed some, young big man. Anyone. would have been a serious help

this isnt surprising and nothing to worry about the guys are being pushed harder than they have been all summer so theres going to be a little straining and soreness here and there especially with the older fellows. im looking forward to healthy no bull season.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    And here we go

This is where having the oldest team in NBA history will seriously hurt. Especially the front court.

One or two injuries and we will have to play Kurt Thomas or Rasheed Wallace 35+ minutes, or go very undersized lineup. Which is not a good plan. Especially in the post season.

I think we really needed some, young big man. Anyone. would have been a serious help

One or two injuries and Rahard Lewis and Ray Allen are the starting SG and SF for Miami

Where would The Spurs be if Duncan and Parker go down

Injuries happen

I ain't worried about nothin, Camby, we know he's gonna get injured. Calf strain is soft but it's not a big deal. The Big Feller will be back with anger in his brain.

Default Old York Knicks

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Here we go again with Atari...this is absolute proof that its time to trade him. I have had it with this f*ckin guy, i bet he was on his crippled weak knee's begging Woodson to take him out of practice.

Another 100 million down the drain, just think of all the good that money could do. Amare is a criminal and should be locked behind bars. Hes an embarrassment to the organization and to the fans. Hes an embarrassment to me as a man, just knowing theres another man out there with eyes, hands, and a d*ck just like me thats built like a b*tch. A man should be a man and a woman should be a woman, I dont know where the f*ck that leaves Amargarbage
    kinda harsh dont you think?

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    haha..... lolz

“The doctors are erring on the side of caution,’’ Camby said. “They don’t want me to go out there and hurt myself even further. [Andrea] Bargnani went through a similar thing last year — in and out of the lineup.’’

The Knicks desperately needed a backup for Chandler and pursued Camby aggressively. Part of the Knicks’ reasoning was to keep him away from the arch-rival Heat. In fact, Knicks assistant general manager Allan Houston, Camby’s old teammate, is credited for talking him out of signing with Miami, reminding him he has Knick blood in him.

“We’re still trying to be very cautious about his injury,’’ coach Mike Woodson said. “No need to rush him.’

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Camby returns next week

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
    Marcus Camby said he is shooting to return to practice Tuesday after road trip, will play in season opener #Knicks [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Oct 18, 2012 at 09:03.

Yessir now we'll have Camby to help slow Shook hoepez down

Al Iannazzone (@Al_Iannazzone)
    10/28/12, 11:07 AM
    Just got in knicks practice. Marcus Camby is participating.

Default camby should be good to go friday

Evening, jimmies. The Knicks practiced today after taking Tuesday to rest, and the big news is that Marcus Camby finally got to play some basketball. Today was his first day scrimmaging with the rest of the bros, which resulted in scenes like this one, via Jake Appleman:

The Prigioni/Sheed high p/r with a Camby duck-in. I might bid on a Bill Clinton saxaphone.

Yes. Yes. I like this. Meanwhile, Camby said afterward that he felt fine, and, in fact, has felt fine this whole time:

"I was ready to play in the Miami game, but I don't make those decisions," he said. "I just have to be ready when my name is called."

"I practiced last week, too, and I felt I could have helped the team," he said. "But now, we know the schedule is Friday then Tuesday, so we'll get good practice in."

That's good to hear, and yet I still think it was wise of Mike Woodson to sit Camby until he'd gotten to spin with his teammates in a controlled environment. It's crazy, but New York's system at the moment is a well-oiled machine, and you can't just toss in a new cog without testing it out first.

Anyway, I imagine we'll be seeing Camby in the near future. If not Friday, then certainly by next Tuesday. I'm excited what he can add and how the rotation shifts to include him.

I also hope his new responsibilities won't deter him from making hysterical troll faces while on the bench. That'd be a shame.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]