2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
I think Camby can be a good backup based on his per minute rebounding and blocking average,
but I wonder his durability through the entire season. But being a backup should help with the wear n tear.

KingCharles34

All Star
Camby or Amare?

I think Woodson should be quick to pull Stat when hes playing like negative Stat. Chandler and Camby would hold it down in the paint like no other team can, just imagine Shumpert on the court with them too?

win.png

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I think Woodson should be quick to pull Stat when hes playing like negative Stat. Chandler and Camby would hold it down in the paint like no other team can, just imagine Shumpert on the court with them too?

win.png

But then you have to worry about the offensive side of the ball too. Chandler and Camby aren't scorers and you would end up relying on Melo iso ball. Stat is an important part of the equation as he takes some of that pressure off of melo. In my opinion, it's better if Chandler and Camby split minutes rather than be on the court together. Plus, it's easier for them to share fouls that way.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
But then you have to worry about the offensive side of the ball too. Chandler and Camby aren't scorers and you would end up relying on Melo iso ball. Stat is an important part of the equation as he takes some of that pressure off of melo. In my opinion, it's better if Chandler and Camby split minutes rather than be on the court together. Plus, it's easier for them to share fouls that way.

I think if you have Kidd or Felton running the pick and role with Tyson it won't be as offensively challenging as you may think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Camby - strained calf - will be out for initial preseason games. STAT hurt too.

The Knicks will be without Marcus Camby for at least their first two preseason games.

An MRI on Camby?s left calf revealed it was strained. He?ll miss 7-10 days.

Amar?e Stoudemire also joined the Knicks? injury report Saturday as he didn?t practice due to a sore left ankle.

Camby has always been among the league leaders in rebounding and blocked shots ? especially for 48 minutes....

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...amby-out-7-10-days-with-calf-injury-1.4081908

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Better it happen now before we face Brooklyn and Miami followed by a double header V Philly.

There's every chance we could start the season 0-4. Now's definitely better than in 3 weeks time, and the preseason games are well spread out.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
This is nothing... Coach has been running them hard so this is expected. 7-10 days is just a precaution and the fact it happen this last practice is good. The next few practices are going to be slower and more studying in the film room. Guys will get their legs back under them and all the little injuries will have time to recover.

What I like about this training camp so far is that they are really getting competitive. Chandler was being interviewed and said that even on light days when a little competition starts guys start really going at each other and that's exactly what I want to hear. Plus the starting lineup isn't playing against guys like Toney Douglas and Sheldon Williams anymore. We will be better prepared this year then ever before.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Bynum gets injured, kobe gets injured, and guess whose gets ripped on for injuries? the knicks, for injuries that shouldnt even be considered injuries. im getting sick and tired of the media giving the knicks **** about everything.

KingCharles34

All Star
Here we go again with Atari...this is absolute proof that its time to trade him. I have had it with this f*ckin guy, i bet he was on his crippled weak knee's begging Woodson to take him out of practice.

Another 100 million down the drain, just think of all the good that money could do. Amare is a criminal and should be locked behind bars. Hes an embarrassment to the organization and to the fans. Hes an embarrassment to me as a man, just knowing theres another man out there with eyes, hands, and a d*ck just like me thats built like a b*tch. A man should be a man and a woman should be a woman, I dont know where the f*ck that leaves Amargarbage

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Here we go again with Atari...this is absolute proof that its time to trade him. I have had it with this f*ckin guy, i bet he was on his crippled weak knee's begging Woodson to take him out of practice.

Another 100 million down the drain, just think of all the good that money could do. Amare is a criminal and should be locked behind bars. Hes an embarrassment to the organization and to the fans. Hes an embarrassment to me as a man, just knowing theres another man out there with eyes, hands, and a d*ck just like me thats built like a b*tch. A man should be a man and a woman should be a woman, I dont know where the f*ck that leaves Amargarbage

Yeah okay, cause we didn't offer him the contract or anything. . .

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Bynum gets injured, kobe gets injured, and guess whose gets ripped on for injuries? the knicks, for injuries that shouldnt even be considered injuries. im getting sick and tired of the media giving the knicks **** about everything.

It's just an update for those that are pining for any and all Knicks info, like us.

Nothing to be too concerned about, I don't think. Definitely not on par with the severity of Bynum's injury.

A strained calf and a rolled ankle. :shrug: With the professionals the Knicks have that make a living out of rehabilitating pro sports injuries, this really means d*ck all.

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;249112 said:
It's just an update for those that are pining for any and all Knicks info, like us.

Nothing to be too concerned about, I don't think. Definitely not on par with the severity of Bynum's injury.

A strained calf and a rolled ankle. :shrug: With the professionals the Knicks have that make a living out of rehabilitating pro sports injuries, this really means d*ck all.

Camby doesn't matter, but it's a bad sign to see Amare already starting to break down. You can say it's just an ankle, and yes they are just keeping him out because it's preseason...but Amare isn't getting any younger.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Camby doesn't matter, but it's a bad sign to see Amare already starting to break down. You can say it's just an ankle, and yes they are just keeping him out because it's preseason...but Amare isn't getting any younger.

Amare practiced today though, he was just feeling the effects of the longer practices, he even went back out on the court today to work out some more but woodson didnt allow it

Forrest17

Rotation player
And here we go

This is where having the oldest team in NBA history will seriously hurt. Especially the front court.

One or two injuries and we will have to play Kurt Thomas or Rasheed Wallace 35+ minutes, or go very undersized lineup. Which is not a good plan. Especially in the post season.

I think we really needed some, young big man. Anyone. would have been a serious help