2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

zshopa

Benchwarmer
this isnt surprising and nothing to worry about the guys are being pushed harder than they have been all summer so theres going to be a little straining and soreness here and there especially with the older fellows. im looking forward to healthy no bull season.:crossfingers:

New New York

Quiet Storm
And here we go

This is where having the oldest team in NBA history will seriously hurt. Especially the front court.

One or two injuries and we will have to play Kurt Thomas or Rasheed Wallace 35+ minutes, or go very undersized lineup. Which is not a good plan. Especially in the post season.

I think we really needed some, young big man. Anyone. would have been a serious help

One or two injuries and Rahard Lewis and Ray Allen are the starting SG and SF for Miami

Where would The Spurs be if Duncan and Parker go down

Injuries happen

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I ain't worried about nothin, Camby, we know he's gonna get injured. Calf strain is soft but it's not a big deal. The Big Feller will be back with anger in his brain.

CoolClyde

Old York Knicks

oldyork_knicks.jpg

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Here we go again with Atari...this is absolute proof that its time to trade him. I have had it with this f*ckin guy, i bet he was on his crippled weak knee's begging Woodson to take him out of practice.

Another 100 million down the drain, just think of all the good that money could do. Amare is a criminal and should be locked behind bars. Hes an embarrassment to the organization and to the fans. Hes an embarrassment to me as a man, just knowing theres another man out there with eyes, hands, and a d*ck just like me thats built like a b*tch. A man should be a man and a woman should be a woman, I dont know where the f*ck that leaves Amargarbage

kinda harsh dont you think?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
“The doctors are erring on the side of caution,’’ Camby said. “They don’t want me to go out there and hurt myself even further. [Andrea] Bargnani went through a similar thing last year — in and out of the lineup.’’

The Knicks desperately needed a backup for Chandler and pursued Camby aggressively. Part of the Knicks’ reasoning was to keep him away from the arch-rival Heat. In fact, Knicks assistant general manager Allan Houston, Camby’s old teammate, is credited for talking him out of signing with Miami, reminding him he has Knick blood in him.

“We’re still trying to be very cautious about his injury,’’ coach Mike Woodson said. “No need to rush him.’

http://theknicksblog.com/knicks/camby-set-for-next-week/

Camby returns next week

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Marcus Camby said he is shooting to return to practice Tuesday after road trip, will play in season opener #Knicks http://nyp.st/V90uP5

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
camby should be good to go friday

Evening, jimmies. The Knicks practiced today after taking Tuesday to rest, and the big news is that Marcus Camby finally got to play some basketball. Today was his first day scrimmaging with the rest of the bros, which resulted in scenes like this one, via Jake Appleman:

The Prigioni/Sheed high p/r with a Camby duck-in. I might bid on a Bill Clinton saxaphone.

Yes. Yes. I like this. Meanwhile, Camby said afterward that he felt fine, and, in fact, has felt fine this whole time:

"I was ready to play in the Miami game, but I don't make those decisions," he said. "I just have to be ready when my name is called."

"I practiced last week, too, and I felt I could have helped the team," he said. "But now, we know the schedule is Friday then Tuesday, so we'll get good practice in."

That's good to hear, and yet I still think it was wise of Mike Woodson to sit Camby until he'd gotten to spin with his teammates in a controlled environment. It's crazy, but New York's system at the moment is a well-oiled machine, and you can't just toss in a new cog without testing it out first.

Anyway, I imagine we'll be seeing Camby in the near future. If not Friday, then certainly by next Tuesday. I'm excited what he can add and how the rotation shifts to include him.

I also hope his new responsibilities won't deter him from making hysterical troll faces while on the bench. That'd be a shame.

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2012/11/7/3614258/marcus-camby-scrimmaged-today-could-play-friday

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Camby is game ready. 'I was ready to play' vs. Miami

nyk.gif

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/27862/camby-i-was-ready-to-play-vs-miami

CAMBY: "I was ready to play in the Miami game, but I don't make those decisions," he said. "I just have to be ready when my name is called."

WOODSON: "He's got to learn our coverages and get a little sharper there," Woodson said, "but I thought overall he was pretty active and got up and down the floor, did all of our drills. He's smart enough. He'll pick things up. We'll keep drilling and we'll take it a day at a time. A lot of it is still conditioning and maintaining something during his running. So we'll see."

CAMBY: "I practiced last week, too, and I felt I could have helped the team," he said. "But now, we know the schedule is Friday then Tuesday, so we'll get good practice in."

Wargames

Starter
I like how the organization knows that these guys shouldn't be run into the ground and need to have the game plan & Strategy down.

Also it makes a ton of sense to move Melo to the 3 against the Mavs with Marion out.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Coach Dantoni : How you feel Marcus , we need you vs Miami 30+ min

Marcus : Coach I just hurt myself

Game 1 vs Miami

Coach Dantoni : C'MON MARCUS lets go , lets go , lets go , lets go , lets go , lets go ,lets go , lets go , lets go.

Heat Win 120 Knicks 100 - Camby out until All - Star game.....

Thats the **** that ****ed our team the last few years , rushing people back and not watching minutes lol

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well the theory about the injury is probable given our team's shady way of disclosing information about injuries seems possible, remember he was only supposed to have missed like one pre season game ended up missing them all and Stat was supposed to be so insignificant that "had it been the regular season he wouldve been out there" yet here we are at the regular season and nothing!

But, I can't see that being the issue since every interview Camby talks about being ready to play.

I think somehow he and Woody have gotten into a little beef. Remember when Woody was asked how Kurt Thomas took losing his playing time all of a sudden and Woody said "he's a true professional and he did not say anything" and then he talked about how he stressed guys needed to check egos at the door.

Now think about when Camby was asked about his injury and being ready before the Magic game he said "I've been ready since opening night, but I dont make the calls about who plays and who does not".

Now..I'm a big Woodson fan, and I believe winning is the cure all, but when you look at our 3 losses this season rebounding,defense and turnovers have been the reason and Camby fixes 2 of those 3 problems.

again for the 1000th time my proposed lineup with Amare hurt

Felton
Brewer
Melo
Camby
Chandler

Felton and Melo make things happen on the offensive end and on defense we are freakin remarkable with Melo's new commitment to D.

fine if starting him is a stretch then 6th or 7th man...but bench?

Hopefully they can peace things out soon!

Starks

Starter
Well the theory about the injury is probable given our team's shady way of disclosing information about injuries seems possible, remember he was only supposed to have missed like one pre season game ended up missing them all and Stat was supposed to be so insignificant that "had it been the regular season he wouldve been out there" yet here we are at the regular season and nothing!

But, I can't see that being the issue since every interview Camby talks about being ready to play.

I think somehow he and Woody have gotten into a little beef. Remember when Woody was asked how Kurt Thomas took losing his playing time all of a sudden and Woody said "he's a true professional and he did not say anything" and then he talked about how he stressed guys needed to check egos at the door.

Now think about when Camby was asked about his injury and being ready before the Magic game he said "I've been ready since opening night, but I dont make the calls about who plays and who does not".

Now..I'm a big Woodson fan, and I believe winning is the cure all, but when you look at our 3 losses this season rebounding,defense and turnovers have been the reason and Camby fixes 2 of those 3 problems.

again for the 1000th time my proposed lineup with Amare hurt

Felton
Brewer
Melo
Camby
Chandler

Felton and Melo make things happen on the offensive end and on defense we are freakin remarkable with Melo's new commitment to D.

fine if starting him is a stretch then 6th or 7th man...but bench?

Hopefully they can peace things out soon!

Thats a really good observation on the playing time quotes from Kurt vs. Camby. It does look like this could be personal. Either way, we signed Camby for 3 years so its Woodson's job to figure this out.