2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

You my young friend will get 1 rep for having 2 good first posts on KO.

lol like i said, if we didnt give up both of those draft picks this would be a no brainer despite his age....plus the signing of novakaine today was nice, but unlike many i DO NOT want to see jr smith back with the team and i am praying we have enough money to sign oj mayo...i think he would be a perfect fit for us and with the hope that shump returns without any limitations the rotation of oj and shump as our 2 guards would be nice...mayos all around game is so much better than jr "i have no handle and shoot more than melo smith"

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Does anyone else feel like we gave up alot to get a 38 yr old guy who will play at most 20 min per?

I mean don't get me wrong I love Camby but he is old... and I really think Harrelson has some promise. Sorry to see him go.

Oh well

I'm happy Camby's back but idk..

ijdk

Does anyone else feel like we gave up alot to get a 38 yr old guy who will play at most 20 min per?

I mean don't get me wrong I love Camby but he is old... and I really think Harrelson has some promise. Sorry to see him go.

Oh well

I'm happy Camby's back but idk..

ijdk

Yeah if you think long term the deal wasn't good but we need to load up for next season to be able to counter ANYTHING Miami throws at us. We will be able to protect the paint for a full 48 Minutes and we will have good decision making from Kidd and the rest is chemistry and cohesiveness.

CoolClyde

the return of Gumby

i guess i'm happy to have Gumby, dammit, but once again, the Knicks have fleeced the team of their youth and future, hoping that none of the dudes they traded will turn into great players, because they never got the chance here, and hope they still have 1st round picks left after all is said and done.

it's do or die for the next 3 years, with little to no money to spend or personnel to trade. Gadzooks? for who? gimme a break.

I guess the Knicks can forfeit playing the summer league, what the hell they gonna do with only Junior Junior Swish left? pick up some hobos on the Las Vegas strip?

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
josh harrleson has potential. i wouldve liked seeing him in the rotation this year, but camby is a good get. the dude will be 41 by the end of this. he may still have produced last year, and next year im sure hell give what were expecting from him. but again--- 41 at the end of the contract.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
You guys dont see the big picture here?

After our core contracts are over, thats it.

The Knicks will be in rebuild mode, thats why they are giving it their all right now. Our "future" is nonexistent until Melo Stat and Chandler are gone...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
i guess i'm happy to have Gumby, dammit, but once again, the Knicks have fleeced the team of their youth and future, hoping that none of the dudes they traded will turn into great players, because they never got the chance here, and hope they still have 1st round picks left after all is said and done.

it's do or die for the next 3 years, with little to no money to spend or personnel to trade. Gadzooks? for who? gimme a break.

I guess the Knicks can forfeit playing the summer league, what the hell they gonna do with only Junior Junior Swish left? pick up some hobos on the Las Vegas strip?

I completely agree.

Camby has always been one of my favorite players. I have wanted him back on the Knicks for a long time and I am glad he's back.

We are stacked now. No excuses. All in. We've got 2 years, 3 tops, to get a championship. If we don't get one it will be devastating because after 3 years, we will have no team and no youth to rebuild.

Enjoy these next three years. I certainly will. Go Knicks!!!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
People are forgetting that we we do have a mix of young guys. Shump, Lin, Melo could be in his prime at the end of his contract, etc.

WE HAVEN'T WON A CHAMPIONSHIP SINCE '73! IT'S TIME TO WIN NOW, AND OUR TEAM ISN'T GOING DOWNHILL IN THREE YEARS!

metrocard

Legend
Best thing about this thread is that Prince made it. Best news ever for me, Camby has been my favorite center along with Nene and now we have him.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Toney Douglas needed a change

Josh Harrelson is at best Brian Scalebrene (how ever its spelled)

I do not like losing Jerome Jordan...now given the talent that we have, we are not in any position to wait around for him to develop and truth be told Camby will still be more productive than him for the next 3 seasons, but size and youth can't be taught! I can see him being a nice backup player down the road.

But that all said....Camby is an All Time favorite, I hope his final season is only partial because like it has been said 41 by the end is a bit crazy....but he does have one of those types of games where he can play productive for the next 2 years.

Kidd (for now)
Shump
Melo
Stat
Tyson

Lin
JR Smith
Novak
Camby

nice rotation

Consider a defensive unit of

Kidd
Shump
Melo (scorer)
Camby
Tyson

I assume we still have 3 leauge minimums we can use right?

Michael Redd
Shawne Williams
Jared Jefferies

would be 3 nice players here.

I don't know

metrocard

Legend
Camby saves us from ever seeing Amare STATue at center again. MC23 = One of the best rebounders, shot blockers in the NBA. Knicks got TWO defensive player of the year award winners at center. Along with Jared Jefferies. We got that interior defense on the LOCK.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I think this signing is even better than kid. I won't remember any of those dudes or picks we traded in a couple of months from now. We are poised to be one of the top teams in the NBA for the next 3 years with still room for improvement. Man, couldn't be happier. Finally done with the suffering, thank God

metrocard

Legend
Based on defensive players, Knicks are a top 2-3 team in the NBA right now. If we sign Mayo and Lin, I'm confident well contend for a title

Kidd/Lin/Prignoni
Mayo/Shumpert
Anthony/Novak/White
Stoudimire/Jefferies
Chandler/Camby

Champions

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
so is kidd being dubbed the starter now? i guess i missed something, but i would definitely rather lin start, kidd back up, maybe even kidd at the two until shump gets back

Paul1355

All Star
This is a great signing for us. Now we have a legit big man to spell Tyson.

Camby is underrated and Isola said it will be 10 million for 2 years with a partial guarantee in year 3 so he is getting 5 mil a year....not bad for someone that averaged over 9 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in only 25 min per game last season.

We got rid of two centers we never played and a PG that can not orchestrate an offense and would do better with a team with less pressure in Houston rather than New York.

2nd round picks don't matter but I wished we kept those but if we are going to keep drafting greek players than we might as well trade them.