2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is fantastic news! There are a few players i always wanted back after they were traded from New York. Camby is definitely one of them so damn right i'm glad to have the last survivor of '99 back to finish his career with the Knicks!

Paul1355

All Star
why did they include harrellson in the deal?

he couldve provided good depth

would have never played with Camby in there and it gave Camby more money on the sign and trade...AND it made the ROckets accept the deal because Harrelson was the best player out of the 3.....how far Douglas has gone down is unbelievable..he is use to be so good.

Forrest17

Rotation player
would have never played with Camby in there and it gave Camby more money on the sign and trade...AND it made the ROckets accept the deal because Harrelson was the best player out of the 3.....how far Douglas has gone down is unbelievable..he is use to be so good.

yeah that and Miami was also offering Norris Cole and a first rounder, and without Harrelson sounds a lot better than what we would have gave.

pat

Starter
Does anyone else feel like we gave up alot to get a 38 yr old guy who will play at most 20 min per?

I mean don't get me wrong I love Camby but he is old... and I really think Harrelson has some promise. Sorry to see him go.

Oh well

I'm happy Camby's back but idk..

ijdk

I thought the same concerning Harrelson. He came in just to fill a roster spot, hoever, he proved to be a real hustle player, did a brilliant job and actually over-achieved by being able to hit open threes.
Right now we are making moves a championship calibre team would make when we barely made it into the playoffs.

metrocard

Legend
Kidd won't start over Lin, if anything Kidd will be the starting 2 with Jeremy at the 1. So J.R can come off the bench.

I'd Woodson started **** Davis over Lin, what makes you think he won't start a champion hall of fame elite defensive, passing and rebounding PG in Kidd?

Kidd is not a 2. He's strickly a 1. He can guard twos but on offense he should be running the point, nothing else.

I love Lin, but for us to start winning on an elite level, the ball starts in Kidd's hands.

Pearl15

Rookie
Value Was Too Much

WHO IS YOUNG TALENT!?!?!?

DOUGL-ASS? JEROME "CANT GET OFF THE BENCH" JORDAN

....JORTS!? LOL!!! some more Laundry Folds from the 2nd round?

The Knicks made a WIN NOW move and I support it fully.

Getting Camby for 3 bench players and two draft picks were too much. Now they will have to sign a bunch of minimum talent to fill out the roster. They should have kept Harrelson at least. Camby is 41 years of age and its not like he putting the Knicks over the top in competition with Miami and Chicago. We will see.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I completely agree.

We are stacked now. No excuses. All in. We've got 2 years, 3 tops, to get a championship. If we don't get one it will be devastating because after 3 years, we will have no team and no youth to rebuild.

Enjoy these next three years. I certainly will. Go Knicks!!!

Agreed! All in......Clearly this trade + Kidd's has made the statement that we're going for the jugular right now.

The next 3 years will be awesome!!!

With all these expiring contracts 3 years from now, who knows where we'll end up? But, for now at least, we're headed in the right direction and have other teams no doubt sh!tting themselves about the new beast in the east.

Does anyone else feel like we gave up alot to get a 38 yr old guy who will play at most 20 min per?

I mean don't get me wrong I love Camby but he is old... and I really think Harrelson has some promise. Sorry to see him go.

Oh well

I'm happy Camby's back but idk..

ijdk

I was bummed about losing Harrelson too. But I don't think his career has the longevity to take us past the net 3 years. He's a lumbering sack of potatoes, really. I don't actually think I've seen anyone meander up the court quite like he does since the late 80s early 90s, when the white stiff still roamed the hardwood.

Good laterally, clearly intelligent, but he's like a Renault: shows promise until inevitably falling apart.

I'm glad for the acquisition of Camby, because we have one thing in mind - hunting for gold and not looking any further beyond the big prize.

Coach Woodson has involuntarily jizzed himself multiple times over his new roster, according to an inside horse.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Great pick up, we traded two DNPs, Harrellson and some 2nd round picks. I'm going to miss Jorts though, great guy. But we did what we had to, it's time to make a Camby/Chandler sig!

Crazy⑧s;241152 said:
Agreed! All in......Clearly this trade + Kidd's has made the statement that we're going for the jugular right now.

The next 3 years will be awesome!!!

With all these expiring contracts 3 years from now, who knows where we'll end up? But, for now at least, we're headed in the right direction and have other teams no doubt sh!tting themselves about the new beast in the east.

I was bummed about losing Harrelson too. But I don't think his career has the longevity to take us past the net 3 years. He's a lumbering sack of potatoes, really. I don't actually think I've seen anyone meander up the court quite like he does since the late 80s early 90s, when the white stiff still roamed the hardwood.

Good laterally, clearly intelligent, but he's like a Renault: shows promise until inevitably falling apart.

I'm glad for the acquisition of Camby, because we have one thing in mind - hunting for gold and not looking any further beyond the big prize.

Coach Woodson has involuntarily jizzed himself multiple times over his new roster, according to an inside horse.

APPLAUSE.gif

metrocard

Legend
A source said Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald was heavily involved in the decision and Camby couldn?t see himself playing in Miami as a former Knick. ?He?s back to his favorite place,?? the source said.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
A source said Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald was heavily involved in the decision and Camby couldn?t see himself playing in Miami as a former Knick. ?He?s back to his favorite place,?? the source said.

I love that. Camby is true blue and orange.

Overall, happy he's back.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I think some people are going to be surprised about Camby's passing. He's one of the best interior passing big men around. It can only help Amar'e and Tyson as they like to get their buckets deep in the paint. There are so many possibilities with tinkering the line-up with the additions of Kidd and the Cambyman. I'm getting a boner just thinking about it.

A twin tower combo of Camby and TC? Camby and Amar'e @ the 5 and 4? Amar'e is going to have much more room to work with with Camby at the center position, as he can hit that 10-18ft jumper.

WELCOME BACK, Marcus Camby! May your return to the New York Knickerbockers result in a Finals appearance for the Orange & Blue, just like in '99. :gony:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Welcome back to the Cambyman!

The Cambydawgggg!

This is great pick-up, he's gonna come in and swat the shots, he'll grab some boards, he can probably still slam dunk.

One thing i like about Camby is he is a very fundamentally sound shot blocker. He actually swats at the ball first then jumps second which improves block accuracy and also allows him to recover quickly if someone pump faked. You rarely see Camby jumping around on fakes like Ibaka because he plays the ball exclusively.