Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    WHO IS YOUNG TALENT!?!?!?

DOUGL-ASS? JEROME "CANT GET OFF THE BENCH" JORDAN

....JORTS!? LOL!!! some more Laundry Folds from the 2nd round?

The Knicks made a WIN NOW move and I support it fully.
    Harrelson and both the draft picks they gave them. thats way to much for a 38 year old.Don't get me wrong I have always liked camby but he is just to old.

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    I just don't get why Dolan and the knicks keep making stupid trades like this giving away draft picks and young talent.
    Giving away young talent & giving away quality young talent are 2 different things. We all saw what a trainwreck Toney Douglas was last year. As nice of a kid & hardworker as he is, he simply was not getting the job done. There's no way I would want him to be part of a PG tandem to start the year in the rotation. So really he was just taking up a roster spot. Not sure why anyone here is high on Jerome Jordan, he didn't show anything last year, albeit in only garbage minutes. Still, not showing anything does not always mean he has something left to show. He would not have been a reliable option to back up Tyson Chandler next season, & we needed someone who could step in right now & contribute right away. Camby has to be considered the best backup C in the NBA at this point. He could easily be starting on a number of teams in fact. Just imagine if a team like the Miami Heat were to have gotten him in a similar move most Knicks fans would be up in arms about it & wondering how the Knicks could have ever let him go to their divisional rival without making a strong play to acquire him. We gave up Josh Harrellson & 2 2nd round picks for a player who can come in right away & average 9 rebounds in reserve minutes off the bench & add very good interior defense. That's a good trade in my eyes.

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Harrelson and both the draft picks they gave them. thats way to much for a 38 year old.Don't get me wrong I have always liked camby but he is just to old.
    what a lame post....

Look at Camby's numbers last season.

Out of 25 min per game he averaged 9 rebounds and 1.5 blocks....He is still a force and he can hit an open mid range shot.

He is the perfect big man to spell Tyson. Hell we can even have Camby and Tyson out there when we play teams like the Lakers who have 2 guys thats are 7ft.

Size is so rare in the NBA and we have two legit centers...what more can you ask?

5 mil a year for someone that should be a starting center on any team is nothing. And we gave up three guys that were bench warmers.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    what a lame post....

Out of 25 min per game he averaged 9 rebounds and 1.5 blocks....He is still a force and he can hit an open mid range shot.

He is the perfect big man to spell Tyson. Hell we can even have Camby and Tyson out there when we play teams like the Lakers who have 2 guys thats are 7ft.

Size is so rare in the NBA and we have two legit centers...what more can you ask?

5 mil a year for someone that should be a starting center on any team is nothing. And we gave up three guys that were bench warmers.
    +1 thats something i did not take into accout was how we could play the Lakers straight up down low, Shump guard Kobe and the rest is taken care of. Now if STAT messes up he will be relegated to the bench.

Superstar

what a lame post....

yeah seriously. And what do second round picks even matter. If you really want anyone you can just buy a pick. And as deep as we are going to be, a second round pick won't even find their way into our rotation. So who cares.

If we resign Lin and Jefferies, and possibly JR Smith, then Harrellson and douglas and Jordan definitely wouldn't find playing time at all. Now they can go somewhere were they can play, and if we want them bad enough after next season then we can try and sign them because they will all be free agents after next year anyway. We gave up nothing of value. They weren't going to be contributing to wins in anyway where as Camby will

This is fantastic news! There are a few players i always wanted back after they were traded from New York. Camby is definitely one of them so damn right i'm glad to have the last survivor of '99 back to finish his career with the Knicks!

why did they include harrellson in the deal?

he couldve provided good depth

Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    why did they include harrellson in the deal?

he couldve provided good depth
    would have never played with Camby in there and it gave Camby more money on the sign and trade...AND it made the ROckets accept the deal because Harrelson was the best player out of the 3.....how far Douglas has gone down is unbelievable..he is use to be so good.

Superstar

would have never played with Camby in there and it gave Camby more money on the sign and trade...AND it made the ROckets accept the deal because Harrelson was the best player out of the 3.....how far Douglas has gone down is unbelievable..he is use to be so good.
    yeah that and Miami was also offering Norris Cole and a first rounder, and without Harrelson sounds a lot better than what we would have gave.

they shouldve thrown in Gadzuric instead of JORTS... thats all im saying.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Does anyone else feel like we gave up alot to get a 38 yr old guy who will play at most 20 min per?

I mean don't get me wrong I love Camby but he is old... and I really think Harrelson has some promise. Sorry to see him go.

Oh well

I'm happy Camby's back but idk..

ijdk
    I thought the same concerning Harrelson. He came in just to fill a roster spot, hoever, he proved to be a real hustle player, did a brilliant job and actually over-achieved by being able to hit open threes.
    Right now we are making moves a championship calibre team would make when we barely made it into the playoffs.

Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    they shouldve thrown in Gadzuric instead of JORTS... thats all im saying.
    Gadzuric gives us a solid chance of trading for a veteran player in a S&T to fill another need due to his unguaranteed contract.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Kidd won't start over Lin, if anything Kidd will be the starting 2 with Jeremy at the 1. So J.R can come off the bench.
    I'd Woodson started **** Davis over Lin, what makes you think he won't start a champion hall of fame elite defensive, passing and rebounding PG in Kidd?

Kidd is not a 2. He's strickly a 1. He can guard twos but on offense he should be running the point, nothing else.

I love Lin, but for us to start winning on an elite level, the ball starts in Kidd's hands.

Default Value Was Too Much

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    WHO IS YOUNG TALENT!?!?!?

DOUGL-ASS? JEROME "CANT GET OFF THE BENCH" JORDAN

....JORTS!? LOL!!! some more Laundry Folds from the 2nd round?

The Knicks made a WIN NOW move and I support it fully.
    Getting Camby for 3 bench players and two draft picks were too much. Now they will have to sign a bunch of minimum talent to fill out the roster. They should have kept Harrelson at least. Camby is 41 years of age and its not like he putting the Knicks over the top in competition with Miami and Chicago. We will see.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I completely agree.

We are stacked now. No excuses. All in. We've got 2 years, 3 tops, to get a championship. If we don't get one it will be devastating because after 3 years, we will have no team and no youth to rebuild.

Enjoy these next three years. I certainly will. Go Knicks!!!
    Agreed! All in......Clearly this trade + Kidd's has made the statement that we're going for the jugular right now.

The next 3 years will be awesome!!!

With all these expiring contracts 3 years from now, who knows where we'll end up? But, for now at least, we're headed in the right direction and have other teams no doubt sh!tting themselves about the new beast in the east.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Does anyone else feel like we gave up alot to get a 38 yr old guy who will play at most 20 min per?

I mean don't get me wrong I love Camby but he is old... and I really think Harrelson has some promise. Sorry to see him go.

Oh well

I'm happy Camby's back but idk..

ijdk
    I was bummed about losing Harrelson too. But I don't think his career has the longevity to take us past the net 3 years. He's a lumbering sack of potatoes, really. I don't actually think I've seen anyone meander up the court quite like he does since the late 80s early 90s, when the white stiff still roamed the hardwood.

Good laterally, clearly intelligent, but he's like a Renault: shows promise until inevitably falling apart.

I'm glad for the acquisition of Camby, because we have one thing in mind - hunting for gold and not looking any further beyond the big prize.

Coach Woodson has involuntarily jizzed himself multiple times over his new roster, according to an inside horse.