Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 180

Thread: 2012-13 Mike Woodson Coaching Performance Thread

  1. #16
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    LOL, found this pic somewhere on Twitter:


  2. #17
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Thumbs down

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Agreed.

    Except for the last part.

    I think we need to (and will) replace Woodson ASAP. But if you want to chalk up the ratcheted up intensity and effort (aka: that which should be normal) to Woodson, which isn't unfair, he should indeed get major props for that.

    But I don't see him as a long-term solution for us. Unless we beast in the playoffs, and Jackson and Sloan and Calipari spurn us, I don't think he'll be here long-term either.
    Unfortnately, you and other uninformed people clammored to keep D'Antoni for years as you produced excuse after excuse. His leash was waaaaaaay too long.

    This post (as with MANY others) makes you look like a hypocrite in addition to being uninformed. I believe you didn't even watch the very games you commented and debated about (because of the Time Warner dispute). That equals fail.

    The fact that you have chosen to document your position which includes doubt and making yet another coaching change, without providing a valid reason as you attempted to do so with D'Antoni, equates to blatant hate.

    Additionally considering that at this point (when you wrote this) we were undefeated under our new better coach can only be regarded as an epic fail where your credibility has plummeted into the abyss.

    Just delete your account. You are a hypocritical hater who dosen't deserve to witness our transformation. I bet deep down inside you want us to fail. Either give Woody the same benefit of the doubt as you did with Italian league Star D'Antoni or beat it.

    Pathetic, blatant, and apparent.
    Last edited by Red; Mar 22, 2012 at 12:42. Reason: Haters gonna hate!

  3. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I'm as surprised as the next person of the Knicks passion and energy in these past 5 games. I thought we were toast, done, goodnight.

    While I am loving the way things are going, I think we owe it to ourselves to hold off on any excessive jubilation so as to allow this thing to come full circle. We have had gritty road wins, double digit wins, superstars playing defense, and a point guard growing before our eyes.

    Really hard not to be so proud of our guys right now, and I think they deserve all the credit in the world. I just pray, pray, pray, that they can keep up this energy and intensity.... or else I may be destroyed lol.


  4. #19
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by platnumn
    I'm as surprised as the next person of the Knicks passion and energy in these past 5 games. I thought we were toast, done, goodnight.

    While I am loving the way things are going, I think we owe it to ourselves to hold off on any excessive jubilation so as to allow this thing to come full circle. We have had gritty road wins, double digit wins, superstars playing defense, and a point guard growing before our eyes.

    Really hard not to be so proud of our guys right now, and I think they deserve all the credit in the world. I just pray, pray, pray, that they can keep up this energy and intensity.... or else I may be destroyed lol.


    If we do keep up this intensity on defense we're heading for big things. Just like it should be. This team has to much talent to be below .500...

  5. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Unfortnately, you and other uninformed people clammored to keep D'Antoni for years as you produced excuse after excuse. His leash was waaaaaaay too long.

    This post (as with MANY others) makes you look like a hypocrite in addition to being uninformed. I believe you didn't even watch the very games you commented and debated about (because of the Time Warner dispute). That equals fail.

    The fact that you have chosen to document your position which includes doubt and making yet another coaching change, without providing a valid reason as you attempted to do so with D'Antoni, equates to blatant hate.

    Additionally considering that at this point (when you wrote this) we were undefeated under our new better coach can only be regarded as an epic fail where your credibility has plummeted into the abyss.

    Just delete your account. You are a hypocritical hater who dosen't deserve to witness our transformation. I bet deep down inside you want us to fail. Either give Woody the same benefit of the doubt as you did with Italian league Star D'Antoni or beat it.

    Pathetic, blatant, and apparent.
    Crawl out of your hole, Ginger; people like myself have made it so people like you can get free samples of meds that can make you think good and talk pretty one day.

    Also, unlike a societal rodent like you....when I don't have Time Warner for a few weeks....I.....go to a friends house or walk outside my apartment and pick one of 100 bars in a 1/2 mile radius showing the game

    It's mad funny (and fairly pitiful) you still remember and cling on to a few posts I had a while back about not watching a game or two because of Time Warner.

    Nice try, though?

    Now hop off my dick and get back on your fathers.

    Save the basketball discussions for men and people with some brains. You can keep being a good cheerleader for your causes du jour. I will keep rooting for my team's success regardless of coach, and enjoying myself along the way.

  6. #21
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I like Woodson, he's obviously doing a great job with our team at the moment.

    Prior to yesterday I was on the fence about his coaching (I can't say I'm an expert on Woodson), but vs the Sixers he appeared to make pretty much all the right decisions down the stretch to help us eek out the win. I was really worried about the non-use of Chandler but it worked so what can I say?

    A lot of people have been saying that the main difference then and now, is that the players are actually giving 100% now and weren't for MDA. Obviously some of that is true. But it's not only that. Woodson's accountability stance has clearly made the difference if not for getting Melo to play a better all around game, then most definitely for getting STAT to actually play defense.

    And in regards to how the players should have been giving their all for MDA I think people are seeing things very black and white.

    Of course on one hand, when you're getting paid $100 million you should give it your all. However if we consider that Melo and STAT DO actually want to win in the NBA (something people have doubted of late), it was clear to most people that it was not going to happen while our roster was hamstrung by an incompatible coach.

    I called it down the stretch last year and specifically during the playoffs that MDA had lost the players. He may have got most of them back for this year but it was never going to end well. I'm honestly not surprised that a couple of our players were not playing up to scratch when there was a clear rift there.

    So in summary, yes the players actually giving 100% is a big part of our recent success but without doubt Woodson is an improvement in terms of:

    - Running plays (especially out of dead balls)
    - Substitution patterns
    - Demanding defense
    - Calling timeouts (was probably the reason we called better timeouts under MDA this season)

  7. #22
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    LOL, found this pic somewhere on Twitter:

    classic worth some rep

  8. #23
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    I like Woodson, he's obviously doing a great job with our team at the moment.

    Prior to yesterday I was on the fence about his coaching (I can't say I'm an expert on Woodson), but vs the Sixers he appeared to make pretty much all the right decisions down the stretch to help us eek out the win. I was really worried about the non-use of Chandler but it worked so what can I say?

    A lot of people have been saying that the main difference then and now, is that the players are actually giving 100% now and weren't for MDA. Obviously some of that is true. But it's not only that. Woodson's accountability stance has clearly made the difference if not for getting Melo to play a better all around game, then most definitely for getting STAT to actually play defense.

    And in regards to how the players should have been giving their all for MDA I think people are seeing things very black and white.

    Of course on one hand, when you're getting paid $100 million you should give it your all. However if we consider that Melo and STAT DO actually want to win in the NBA (something people have doubted of late), it was clear to most people that it was not going to happen while our roster was hamstrung by an incompatible coach.

    I called it down the stretch last year and specifically during the playoffs that MDA had lost the players. He may have got most of them back for this year but it was never going to end well. I'm honestly not surprised that a couple of our players were not playing up to scratch when there was a clear rift there.

    So in summary, yes the players actually giving 100% is a big part of our recent success but without doubt Woodson is an improvement in terms of:

    - Running plays (especially out of dead balls)
    - Substitution patterns
    - Demanding defense
    - Calling timeouts (was probably the reason we called better timeouts under MDA this season)
    :agreed: Great post right here, nice observations worth some green

  9. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Agreed.

    Except for the last part.

    I think we need to (and will) replace Woodson ASAP. But if you want to chalk up the ratcheted up intensity and effort (aka: that which should be normal) to Woodson, which isn't unfair, he should indeed get major props for that.

    But I don't see him as a long-term solution for us. Unless we beast in the playoffs, and Jackson and Sloan and Calipari spurn us, I don't think he'll be here long-term either.
    I hope you're wrong.

    The last thing I want to see is John ****ing Calipari in here again.

    College coaches who move into pro sports generally suck ass, and Calipari is probably no exception. He's a great recruiter and bleh coach in college, and most college coaches wouldn't even come close to being able to handle their **** here in the NBA.

    If Woodson blows it in the playoffs, then I want to see either Phil Jackson or Ron Adams (currently an assistant with the Bulls) as our HC. I'd rather have MDA over John Calipari frankly.

  10. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I hope you're wrong.

    The last thing I want to see is John ****ing Calipari in here again.

    College coaches who move into pro sports generally suck ass, and Calipari is probably no exception. He's a great recruiter and bleh coach in college, and most college coaches wouldn't even come close to being able to handle their **** here in the NBA.

    If Woodson blows it in the playoffs, then I want to see either Phil Jackson or Ron Adams (currently an assistant with the Bulls) as our HC. I'd rather have MDA over John Calipari frankly.
    I agree about Calipari -- I don't want him here again, either. But if we bomb in the playoffs (or don't make)...and we whiff on the big boys (Jax, Sloan...), would it really surprise ya if Dolan made a big push for Calipari? Granted, idk if he'd want to come here....but $ is a powerful thing.

    That's a really interesting call on Ron Adams. I gotta look into more myself. But there really is a clear trend of high caliber assistant coaches getting groomed on top tier franchises and then exploding (now that I think about it, Popovich himself actually was an assistant coach, a la Thibs, who then catapulted as elite head coach).

    Our only chance of Jackson coming, IMO, is if we perform very respectably as a franchise, and we end our season/playoffs with Amare and Melo not looking shot in the slightest. Jax really could be the ultimate coach for this team. He possesses what I liked about D'antoni (and which most coaches don't have, IMO, which is a true intelligence for basketball and cutting edge theories), but is elite in the areas which D'antoni has weaknesses in, and which were a brutal fit for this current squad.

  11. #26
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Cool

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Crawl out of your hole, Ginger; people like myself have made it so people like you can get free samples of meds that can make you think good and talk pretty one day.

    Also, unlike a societal rodent like you....when I don't have Time Warner for a few weeks....I.....go to a friends house or walk outside my apartment and pick one of 100 bars in a 1/2 mile radius showing the game

    It's mad funny (and fairly pitiful) you still remember and cling on to a few posts I had a while back about not watching a game or two because of Time Warner.

    Nice try, though?

    Now hop off my dick and get back on your fathers.

    Save the basketball discussions for men and people with some brains. You can keep being a good cheerleader for your causes du jour. I will keep rooting for my team's success regardless of coach, and enjoying myself along the way.
    Watch that mascara... you're too emo!
    The truth hurts doesn't it? Well young man (or woman) that's what happens when you lack accountability, just like your beloved (jettisoned) coach. No one respects you. Only real men can admit when they're wrong.

    Here's more truth:

    After reading the garbage you posted in the past, I had a feeling you didn't even watch. I didn't openly question you, but I had my suspicions.

    I kept saying, "damn, did this guy (or girl) watch the game?", and that was strictly based on your responses; they seemed vague and just way off base.

    Then I said to myself, "who would argue so much, try and put their two cents in, and be so desparate without watching?"... "it can't be true, it would make no sense"

    Then one day in a game thread I thought I read that you couldn't watch the games (Time Warner). And there you were rambling on and on (see above)...

    Then it occured to me... the reason why you sounded so ignorant and off-point was because you didn't even watch. My suspecions confirmed.

    You sir are so desparate to interject in a discussion, so hell bent on being included, that you began arguing on something you didn't even see.

    Pathetic.

    "Watch the throne, don't step on our robe...

    It's bad enough we let you step on our globe"

    Fellow KOL posters, Isayughh has been exposed. Take a look back at some of his ignorant posts (pre-time warner dispute) and take it with a grain of salt...

    This dummy didn't even watch the game.


    Thanks Ughh!

    I'm laughing so hard at you right now! Good Lookin'

  12. #27
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Cool


  13. #28
    Member knickerbocka176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Knicks #5 defensive team in the league #1 since woodson took charge... Thank you tyson and shump thank you

  14. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Woodson got Amar'e and Melo to actually try on defense...he solved the problem that George Karl and Mike D'Antoni simply could not

  15. #30
    Superstar Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Copy/paste from Knicksnow (cos I'm lazy)...

    I hope Woodson can continue on as coach. I think he has a great rapport with the players and has their respect. He's also very well spoken and clear about what he's trying to get across to the players and press.

    I don't want to kick a man when he's down but D'Antoni wouldn't do that, he'd roll off catch phrases like "We've just got to play harder".

Similar Threads

  1. Mike D has to go
    By Clyde & The Pearl in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: Feb 03, 2012, 23:35
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 10, 2011, 15:31
  3. Official I support Mike D'Antoni thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2010, 14:40
  4. a thread for the Mike D supports to finally come out of the closet.
    By DontForgetDerekHarper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Nov 15, 2010, 11:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •