Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Mike Woodson Coaching Performance Thread

Love this man.

Woodson gives JR a long leash with a tight grip

He allows JR to play his game under certain circumstances, play D, make the right play and be aggressive

He never fit with Scott and Karl does this **** with a lot of guys

Great motivating coach. Gotta love this guy.

I view Woodson as being almost like a fatherly figure to JR. Hes helped him transition from a boy to a man, not all of us are ready to be a man after high school. It takes some of us til our late 20's, some of us never become real men. This is great to see with JR, hes taking basketball very seriously now. In some ways hes been our most consistent player on both ends of the court. Melo has had some defensive lapses. JR has just been great, hes been the type of teammate Id love to play with if i was good basketball player. Its great to see him doing big things while hes still in his prime athletically

In defense of the old school hip hop style, wearing oversized jeans doesnt make u a bad person or mean that your not a man. Those are all stereotypes that come along with the hip hop culture. Stereotypes are sometimes true but not 100%. Lets take AI for example, hes still got that thug image but he gets his respect. AI reps the culture to this day better then most rappers do

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I view Woodson as being almost like a fatherly figure to JR. Hes helped him transition from a boy to a man, not all of us are ready to be a man after high school. It takes some of us til our late 20's, some of us never become real men. This is great to see with JR, hes taking basketball very seriously now. In some ways hes been our most consistent player on both ends of the court. Melo has had some defensive lapses. JR has just been great, hes been the type of teammate Id love to play with if i was good basketball player. Its great to see him doing big things while hes still in his prime athletically

In defense of the old school hip hop style, wearing oversized jeans doesnt make u a bad person or mean that your not a man. Those are all stereotypes that come along with the hip hop culture. Stereotypes are sometimes true but not 100%. Lets take AI for example, hes still got that thug image but he gets his respect. AI reps the culture to this day better then most rappers do
    yea..... but AI is a thug who is broke as SH*T now, whose bank accounts were frozen cuz he owes money to a jewelry store. Not exactly what coach wants out of JR.

Sorry AI was incredible for a while but its how he carried himself that hurt him the most.

The NBA is a business and your team is your company.

Originally Posted by zshopa
    yea..... but AI is a thug who is broke as SH*T now, whose bank accounts were frozen cuz he owes money to a jewelry store. Not exactly what coach wants out of JR.

Sorry AI was incredible for a while but its how he carried himself that hurt him the most.

whoops...didnt know all that. OK, who else we gonna find to represent the hip hop culture? If not AI, my vote goes to this man right here

Originally Posted by zshopa

He is not broke, he has a lot of money coming to him sometime in his 40s, and also is making a lot of money off his retro sneakers. The media tries to make things seem much worse than it is when it comes to him.

He is not a thug. He's true to his self, speaks well, and is a good person. No one is perfect, and no one should be a labeled as a thug for not being perfect. Clothes don't make a man.

Some of his choices may have lost him a lot of things, but he always admits his mistakes and has learned from them, and he walks on with dignity as he continues to be a better person. I may be a huge fan of the man, but I always felt that the core of him is good.

Woodson to JR smith is what Mickey was to Rocky Balboa gotta love those rocky movies.

Woodson has Jr smith playing up to his full potential offensively and defensively

Woodson + Knicks = winning

#WoodtangClan

I miss the good old days when our coach`s motivational skills were to clap his hands and shout "lets go, lets go, lets go"

Seriously though, every time I read something about Woodson and the way he is handling this team I am more and more impressed.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The guy knows how to get the most from his players....I like him a lot

I like the way coach Woodson tries to stay in shape! And this team is helping him!

But this really is great to hear, can't think to a guy that could do a better job than him right now!

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Woodson to JR smith is what Mickey was to Rocky Balboa gotta love those rocky movies.

Woodson has Jr smith playing up to his full potential offensively and defensively

LMAO! Great comparison.

Hes getting a big contract next summer. He should give some to Woodson...