Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Jason Kidd Player Performance and News Thread

I am worried about him as PR problem with his DWI.

The Knick have one pet peev now that the Isaiah Thomas saga is over and that is any PR problem caused by a player.
    We suffered the PR problems with Marbury and now Kidd pulls a stupid move and makes the KNicks look bad.

I believe the KNicks will keep a close eye on Kidd but he has to be smarter than this, especially since we considered him a mentor of any kind.

Now on the court....he will be a huge factor. Whether is a starter or backup he will give us stability in the back court which we have not had since Billups. A veteran that knows who likes to get the ball in certain spots. Kidd is a winner and it is because of his high bball IQ.

I believe the Knicks starting lineup would be better with a PG that can slash and dish like Lin or Felton but Kidd can provide solid 20-30 min any given night.

One thing we sorely lacked was PG depth last season.

I also see Kidd as a starting 2 guard with Lin or Felton.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    This pic literally had me ROFL.

Kidd is done.
    his last good year was 2011.
    He won't be any better than Mike Bibby - seriously what is the point of having Kidd on this team now that Lin is gone?
    His only purpose was to coach Lin.

Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL
    Kidd is done.
    his last good year was 2011.
    He won't be any better than Mike Bibby - seriously what is the point of having Kidd on this team now that Lin is gone?
    His only purpose was to coach Lin.
    Wow bro you are saying that Kidd will be Mike Bibby...gtfo

Tommy Dee said something interesting about Lin...the way he talks about his role on the team...he sounded surprised about backing up Lin and it looked like he expected to start. He would have taken a step back but he expects to start

He will make everyone better just like he always has. The only thing that suffers is his physical abilities and his offensive game. But he does have a better outside shot.

Kidd's size at 6'4 lets him guard shooting guards...I can even see him starting at the 2 with Felton at the 1 if Woodson wants J.R to come off the bench.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Wow bro you are saying that Kidd will be Mike Bibby...gtfo

Tommy Dee said something interesting about Lin...the way he talks about his role on the team...he sounded surprised about backing up Lin and it looked like he expected to start. He would have taken a step back but he expects to start

He will make everyone better just like he always has. The only thing that suffers is his physical abilities and his offensive game. But he does have a better outside shot.

Kidd's size at 6'4 lets him guard shooting guards...I can even see him starting at the 2 with Felton at the 1 if Woodson wants J.R to come off the bench.

whoa,
    take it easy, Kidd playing SG at 40 with a drunkard's pot belly?
    No damn way.
    The best he can do is to be a half decent backup and hit open 3's.
    that's it.
    Can't really see him outdoing what Bibby did with us last year.

was a great PG and can still be a good floor general with that said shooting 35% will be a huge liability for us if that's what he gives us. also partying like a college kid and wrecking your car is not a good way to start off with your new team. lucky for him all the focus was on whether or not we'd resign Lin.

why do the Knicks always get f*cked!

Not by Lin, gtfo.

Im talking players in general. We're always getting F*CKED

Veteran

I honestly think this is a stupid move to give him that much money if they weren't going to keep Jeremy Lin. He's probably pissed about it too, I don't think he's excited about the prospect of playing with Raymond Felton - who would be?

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I honestly think this is a stupid move to give him that much money if they weren't going to keep Jeremy Lin. He's probably pissed about it too, I don't think he's excited about the prospect of playing with Raymond Felton - who would be?

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Kidd cited the Knicks as having more chips to work with when he verballed, but since Kidd left Dallas, Dallas, has picked up Brand, Darren Collison, Dahntay Jones, OJ Mayo, Chris Kaman to put around Dirk. Knicks have lost Lin.

Saw that the Seahawks voided Marshawn Lynch's 17 million dollar deal because of his arrest for DUI over the weekend.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Is anyone else here hoping for a comeback season for Kidd? I'm talking about 28-32 points putting up 7 ppg 9 assist and 5-6 rebounds with great defense and outside 3pt shooting. I feel Kidd is capable due to his range of skills and attributes. It's just the physical aspect I'm concern with.

Either way, I hope Kidd is our man over Felton, never liked Felton as a PG; personal and logical reasons behind it.

Prigioni can maybe surprise too, but then again at 35 and having his first season in the NBA, who know's how bad or good he can be.

Felton has potential to steal/maintain the starting role But I think Kidd is a better answer for this team.

I'm still excited by the possibilities of our back court and with Lin out of the equation things become much simpler.

If Nash is considered a huge asset to the Lakers, why is Kidd not discussed the same way for the knicks? Kidd was a big part of the champion team in Dallas that was only 2 years ago, has he really declined that much in 2 years??? I don't think so. Is it because of the failed Billups experiment that we have this aversion to older guards? Or is it because we had the young Lin and gave him up? or what?

It just surprises me that Knicks fans aren't excited about having Kidd who used to ROAST the knicks every time he played in MSG.