Jason Kidd has become more than just a Point guard or Shooting guard and is a new kind of player that is almost impossible to forge. A player that has no restriction in playing a position and can play any role for a team whether it be play the post, Shoot, Pick and Roll, Defend, anything we need he can provide and will do it efficiently and Crafty.
He is a hybrid of some of the most important aspects of Offense and Defense from both back court positions and fuses them to make a guy that is so valuable to any team and is the most important player on our team without having to shoot a single shot. His off the court leadership ties in to the way our team carries themselves on the court. We are now playing the way our coach and vets are teaching which goes a long way in the development of Carmelo and Jr who have both done a 360 in their quality of play. His unlimited knowledge has helped our team play professional, under control, and hard for the whole game and he will be key to Amar'e and Shump easing their way back into the chemistry of our team.
Point Guard Qualities:
1. Quickest passer in the league, He can move the ball around at a frenetic rate and find windows before they close. Also starts the chain movement of passing across the court to one another which is crucial because every point guard needs to know how to start a passing chain because you cannot always pass cross court to an open guy, so you must rely on your teammates to move the ball very quickly and J.Kidd is on of if not the best at doing this.
2. Knowing tempo, and understanding when to initiate a break and when to hold and set up a half court set. Jason Kidd rarely will be the finisher of a fast break but he will always know whether or not to start one when he has the ball. He does a great job at reading numbers and knowing if he should pass to ignite the break or give it up to Raymond to start a half court play.
3. Never in a rush to anything, does what he wants at his pace and wont be forced to panic and become nervous. He wont overreact to situations and try to pass into a bad spot or shoot too early, everything he does is at his own pace and not dictated by the other team.
4. Court Awareness and the ability to react to situations in the blink of an eye. He knows how to read various situations and has unteachable knowledge of the game. Knows when to double, knows when to go for the steals, knows when to foul and knows when to pass. All around this guy is a genius and masks his almost depleted athleticism with insane basketball knowledge which is keeping him in the league.
Shooting Guard Qualities:
1. Defending up to 3 positions. No point guard today can say they can do this at the consistency J.Kidd can. D'ing up Durant in the playoffs and playing Lebron is nothing to overlook. J Kidd has great footwork and impeccable anticipation and timing combined with a 6'4 frame and a ton of strength, this makes him a very good defender and he can hold his own on the perimeter and in the post equally as well. Combined with these qualities he has some amazingly quick hands that seem to have a mind of their own and can strip players when they try to Crossover, Spin or pass.
2. Shooting the deep ball is the lone quality that makes Kidd's career as long as it is. He is now a solid to good 3PT shooter and is great at finding the open spaces to get his shot off. Also has the awareness to draw fouls on defenders that over defend on his shot which adds to his already pretty good deep shooting threat.
3. Rebounding is a quality that has made J Kidd stand out from the rest of the elite QB's in NBA history, Besides the Big-O and Magic, there are few guards let alone PG's that rebound as well as Kidd. This quality is great for having extra possessions and grabbing the boards that our big men may miss.
4. Size is one thing that stands out when looking at Kidd, He is 6'4-6'5 and weighs about 210 pounds which alone makes him the size of a shooting guard and makes him bigger and stronger than any other Point Guard not named Deron Williams.
Jason Kidd although the stat sheet may not show, is vital to where we want to go,his leadership is extraordinary and his knowledge of the game is simply one of the best ever. In the process of going from an elite Point Guard to more of a Shooting Guard, he has made himself into a player that is not a Tweener but much more. A best of both worlds type of player that is no longer defined by position or is he restricted to one. He is now a kind of player that cant be made but has to be developed through years of experience and a true knowledge of the game, and that simply just doesn't happen often and when that player does evolve( I say evolve because of his increased knowledge) he will be highly revered by his team and will be a key chip on a championship team just like Kidd is or us. So i crown Jason Kidd's new position as "The Sensei Guard".
Kidd has been great so far. I just love his calm demenor on the court. This is something that a rookie or a player who just have been a few years in the league could not give us. I Hope he can keep it up all season.
I would rep you if i knew how to do it.