View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the MVP?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melo

30 69.77%
  • Durant

3 6.98%
  • LeBron

7 16.28%
  • None of the above

3 6.98%
Page 1 of 38 12345672131 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Announcement 2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Any news and performance updates in the Olympics, Preseason, NBA season and Playoffs goes here. Share and discuss Carmelo all in one spot. (Made to avoid multiple redundant Carmelo threads.

Carmelo struggled against Brazil yesterday. Played against Great Britain this week again. Lets see how he does.

Lets see where everyone stands on Carmelo.

Do you believe Knicks can build around Carmelo Anthony?

Do you believe Carmelo will lead the Knicks out of the first round?

Can Carmelo play with Amare?

I'm telling you, this guy, he is not about it.

It was all fun and games against Dominican Republic, which is like a very good high school team, no disrespect to DR.

Goes against some Brazil Balls and look what happens.

I don't think the Knicks should have built around Carmelo, but that's what they've done and now we will live with it. I don't think he's a player you build around because he doesn't play two ends of the court, he has to save his donut energy for putting up 50 shots a game.

I saw an interesting post on a very good blog, but I do not remember where this blog is, and this post was discussing "Star" players. The conclusion was that many guys you think are "Stars" are just bums that take a lot of shots. I believe that Melo falls in this category. He is a fugazy star who appears better than he really is because of the number of shots he takes. If you take a lot of shots, you will score a good amount of points, and that's Melo's biggest upside, that's his strength. If that's a guy's strength, then the guy is a bum.

I don't believe he will lead the Knicks out of the First Round unless they meet a really weak team, but they will struggle.

It's funny, guys used to get on MDA because his "system couldn't win a championship", but MDA had 5 times the post-season success that Melo has had. I think it's the Melo system that will not lead us anywhere.

Can Melo play with Amar'e? I think it's been proven that he can't. Amar'e is a turtle shell of his former self and we are seeing his negative emotions manifest in fire extinguisher punching, twitter name calling, things like that.

A full season, even if it was shortened, plus the 20 or 30 games after the trade, that's plenty of time to see if something will work or not. I'm not buying the "need more time" thing. In reality, you can see if some pairing will work together very quickly. If it hasn't happened, it won't happen.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Any news and performance updates in the Olympics, Preseason, NBA season and Playoffs goes here. Share and discuss Carmelo all in one spot. (Made to avoid multiple redundant Carmelo threads.

Carmelo struggled against Brazil yesterday. Played against Great Britain this week again. Lets see how he does.

Lets see where everyone stands on Carmelo.

Do you believe Knicks can build around Carmelo Anthony?

Do you believe Carmelo will lead the Knicks out of the first round?

Can Carmelo play with Amare?
    We just need a legit PG that can orchestrate an offense while having the ability to draw defenders to him. Our players need a PG.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman

It was all fun and games against Dominican Republic, which is like a very good high school team, no disrespect to DR.

I don't think the Knicks should have built around Carmelo, but that's what they've done and now we will live with it. I don't think he's a player you build around because he doesn't play two ends of the court, he has to save his donut energy for putting up 50 shots a game.

I saw an interesting post on a very good blog, but I do not remember where this blog is, and this post was discussing "Star" players. The conclusion was that many guys you think are "Stars" are just bums that take a lot of shots. I believe that Melo falls in this category. He is a fugazy star who appears better than he really is because of the number of shots he takes. If you take a lot of shots, you will score a good amount of points, and that's Melo's biggest upside, that's his strength. If that's a guy's strength, then the guy is a bum.

I don't believe he will lead the Knicks out of the First Round unless they meet a really weak team, but they will struggle.

It's funny, guys used to get on MDA because his "system couldn't win a championship", but MDA had 5 times the post-season success that Melo has had. I think it's the Melo system that will not lead us anywhere.

Can Melo play with Amar'e? I think it's been proven that he can't. Amar'e is a turtle shell of his former self and we are seeing his negative emotions manifest in fire extinguisher punching, twitter name calling, things like that.

A full season, even if it was shortened, plus the 20 or 30 games after the trade, that's plenty of time to see if something will work or not. I'm not buying the "need more time" thing. In reality, you can see if some pairing will work together very quickly. If it hasn't happened, it won't happen.
    And so it begins

12th man

Quality, strong points made.

Fugazy is a strong word, but at this point of his career, Melo is in fugazy mode. Needs to go Kobe status and lead the Knicks out of the first round atleast.

12th man

Sorry guys, I was learning the controls! I made a mess, but fixed it now...I'm learning, and now learned so its all good

12th man

Carmelo vs the Englishman today at 4PM EST, Please UPDATE here for Carmelo's performance today, I won't be available.

Superstar

Led the team with 19 points against GB

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Led the team with 19 points against GB
    In all honesty, I think many American high schools would beat the GB team.

Superstar

I didn't watch the game nor do I know much about GB's team but leading a team of all stars in scoring is always impressive

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    I didn't watch the game nor do I know much about GB's team but leading a team of all stars in scoring is always impressive
    Except when they play GB or DR or any other rec league team.

Did melo **** your mom, or are you just a closeted homosexual that is fighting off your throbbing passion for him. We should get Starbury in here just to see how really suspect you are..

It's ok. Whatever it is we are here to help you overcome your psychological shortcomings. Even though we are basketball fans, we are human beings that will help you get past this.

There must be some reason you still post here. You even said that you will stop watching, even following basketball, and that you would focus on soccer now that Jeremy Lin is gone. It just makes me wonder why you are still here. You really aren't saying much. You either say "Melo bad" or "Lin good" in all of your posts. It's actually pretty funny though, because most of the time you say those two statements, then put it in to some long ass paragraph that makes no sense in the first place.

I hope you achieve your life goal of becoming a mod in a forum where you aren't interested in the sport or the team. That would make this forum so hilarious haha

Even the Melo "Haters" cant deny that Melo is in tip top shape

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718

Even the Melo "Haters" cant deny that Melo is in tip top shape
    "He still has an ass like J-Lo"....-Steven A Smith

Veteran

I will say it now - the pressure is ON for Carmelo.

He had a lot of excuses the first year he was here. Billups went down with the injury, Amar'e got hurt, half-season, no time to gel, etc.

He had a lot of excuses the second year too. Amar'e played like ass, no PG, and so on.

But this is the year. Grunwald has covered as many holes in the roster as he possibly could. We didn't have PG play, now we have 2 playmakers. We have a better bench, and good backups for our frontcourt. They're going to get a full training camp and a season that isn't condensed.

If Melo doesn't lead this team to the Conference Finals this year, he will get booed harder than Alex Rodriguez has EVER been. Many fans will still cling to the idea that it was Carmelo who ran Jeremy Lin out of town (not true, it was Dolan and his stupid ass ego, but whatever), and for that reason, if he doesn't play his ass off this year, he's never going to hear the end of it.

Hell, he's already getting crap from everyone as it is.