View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the MVP?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melo

    30 69.77%
  • Durant

    3 6.98%
  • LeBron

    7 16.28%
  • None of the above

    3 6.98%
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567892333 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 569

Thread: 2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

  1. #31
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Hijack is the perfect word. He took the Knicks hostage and Fat Jimmy let him do it because he likes the taste of Melo's nuts in his mouth.

    Listen, another example, he calls Lin's offer "ridiculous"? What's that all about? To go against a coworker, a teammate like that?

    Think about this, if Melo wanted Lin on this team, Lin would be on this team. Think about it. Something to chew on.
    I have never heard of other athletes talk about other athletes pay check because everyone contracts is ridiculous and as long as there are owners that are willing to give out the money that means everyone would make ridiculous money as well.

    At the end of the day him and jr bricks should of just kept their opinions to themselves

  2. #32
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    I wouldn't go as far as drawing a direct causal connection, but Melo's arrival and Stat's decline correlated strongly.
    From what I recall Stat "got tired" shortly before we made the trade for Melo.

    The posters that do believe Amare has declined because of Melo check Amare's game log. Carmelo's knicks debut was Feb 23 vs the Bucks

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Amare's averages month by month

    November - 24.6
    December - 29.8
    January - 25.7
    February - 24.3
    March - 24.3
    April - 20.8

    Stat actually missed a game shortly before we got Melo, I think maybe part of him "getting tired" had to do with the fact he was playing through pain. So perhaps injuries slowed Amare down, not Carmelo.

    Stat managed to still get a very efficient 28pts and 11rbs in game 1 against Boston in the playoffs, before injuring his back. But thats impressive considering the Celtics defense.

    Last year Stat never averaged more then 18ppg in any month. It probably is injuries slowing Stat down more then anything else, something the knicks shoulda taken a better look at before throwin 100 milli at him for 5 years.

    This whole "Carmelo slowed down Amare's game" argument is not really anything more then a myth started by the media. Hes not the ball hog that people make him out to be. He gets way too much unfair hate.

  3. #33
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3

    This whole "Carmelo slowed down Amare's game" argument is not really anything more then a myth started by the media. Hes not the ball hog that people make him out to be. He gets way too much unfair hate.
    It's absolutely not a myth.

    The stats you cite reflect a delayed reaction. Melo wasn't going to throw his fat around immediately after the trade, he's the saintly cherub at that point. But over time, especially over the off-season, his ego starts to erode the established hierarchy and by the time 2011-2012 comes around, Amar'e is a turtle shell of his former self and Melo is throwing his donut fat and negative emotional energy all over the rest of the squad.

  4. #34
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Of course not, Carmelo sucks, gets bounced out the first round and we should trade him for jeremy Lin because Lin had a better stretch with better numbers and he'll lead us to the promise land. The only event Carmelo will be a campionship caliber type player in is the eating contest

    Am i doing it right blobman

    but anyway i think he is a championship caliber type player it's just a matter of him being focused and playing smart. I think he has the right pieces surrounding him now, its just a matter of making it work.

    Like some of you said anything short of a ECF would be failure IMO. Full training camp, roster basically set, defensive minded coach.

    ALL THE EXCUSES ARE OUT THE WINDOW FROM THIS POINT ON.
    You're getting there lol but I'm glad to read that last sentence, I will hold you to that.

    If you ask me, he didn't have any excuses even last season, but this season, absolutely, there is nothing anyone can say to excuse his upcoming failure.

  5. #35
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    It's absolutely not a myth.

    The stats you cite reflect a delayed reaction. Melo wasn't going to throw his fat around immediately after the trade, he's the saintly cherub at that point. But over time, especially over the off-season, his ego starts to erode the established hierarchy and by the time 2011-2012 comes around, Amar'e is a turtle shell of his former self and Melo is throwing his donut fat and negative emotional energy all over the rest of the squad.
    If I had a pair of Carmelo's undies I would rub his skid marks on your face





  6. #36
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    From what I recall Stat "got tired" shortly before we made the trade for Melo.

    The posters that do believe Amare has declined because of Melo check Amare's game log. Carmelo's knicks debut was Feb 23 vs the Bucks

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Amare's averages month by month

    November - 24.6
    December - 29.8
    January - 25.7
    February - 24.3
    March - 24.3
    April - 20.8

    Stat actually missed a game shortly before we got Melo, I think maybe part of him "getting tired" had to do with the fact he was playing through pain. So perhaps injuries slowed Amare down, not Carmelo.

    Stat managed to still get a very efficient 28pts and 11rbs in game 1 against Boston in the playoffs, before injuring his back. But thats impressive considering the Celtics defense.

    Last year Stat never averaged more then 18ppg in any month. It probably is injuries slowing Stat down more then anything else, something the knicks shoulda taken a better look at before throwin 100 milli at him for 5 years.

    This whole "Carmelo slowed down Amare's game" argument is not really anything more then a myth started by the media. Hes not the ball hog that people make him out to be. He gets way too much unfair hate.
    You forget that Billups was on the team at the time so he dictated the shot distribution that made the Melo and Amare pair efficient thats why this year Amare looked pedestrian no one to control the shot distribution and get both equally involved in the offense

  7. #37
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by WeReady
    You forget that Billups was on the team at the time so he dictated the shot distribution that made the Melo and Amare pair efficient thats why this year Amare looked pedestrian no one to control the shot distribution and get both equally involved in the offense
    But is it Melo's fault that we didnt have a point guard? Or is he supposed to be Lebron-like and run the team from the SF position?

  8. #38
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    But is it Melo's fault that we didnt have a point guard? Or is he supposed to be Lebron-like and run the team from the SF position?
    No its not his fault that we didn't have a PG until Feb. Dantoni did want to run his offense through him like Lebron but it failed horribly because he dose not pass often and dose not read defenses well. Because of this we were 8-15 to start one game above the nyets

  9. #39
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    No he's not a championship caliber player.

    I haven't seen any proof, let alone sign that he is one.

  10. #40
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by WeReady
    No its not his fault that we didn't have a PG until Feb. Dantoni did want to run his offense through him like Lebron but it failed horribly because he dose not pass often and dose not read defenses well. Because of this we were 8-15 to start one game above the nyets
    I do think at times he doesnt read defenses well and at times he doesnt pass often enough but i wouldnt generalize his game like that in my opinion. He did do a nice job of setting his teammates up at times, and in the last 16 games of the season i thought he played as good as he could possibly play

    PPG: 29.13
    FG% 48.7%
    3FG%: 37.3%
    RPG: 7.3
    APG: 3.38

    We went 11-5 during this stretch as he carried us to the playoffs

  11. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    LeBron James
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Kobe Bryant
    Kevin Garnett

    Those have been the lastest finals MVPs. He's not at that level leadership wise. (about talent, he is enferior, but in the same league IMO).

  12. #42
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Pierce was the finals MVP, not Garnett

  13. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    A guy that is out in the first round 8 out of 9 yrs is a championship player? He will not reach the final in his wildest dream.

  14. #44
    Member KnicksFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by WeReady
    Now that Linsanity has bordered the midnight train to Houston Lets look at our team objectively?
    Do You think that Carmelo Anthony is Campionship Caliber player?

    So far this is what Carmelo has cost us in our pursuit of the elusive Larry 'O Brian Trophy

    YOUNG TALENT In the 13 player deal from hell, we gave up an entire basketball team consisting of Felton, Gallo, Chandler,Mozgov first and second round picks

    Ego cost Jeremy Lin a starting PG shot here in NY

    THE PHASE OUT OF STAT Since he got here not only has Melo been elevated to to be the teams chief leader but he has phased STAT out of games. STAT was a borderline MVP candidate two years ago and resurrected our franchise from the dull drums of hell. And what does he get in return he gets to play second fiddle when he took the chance to come play for NY first. lIn order for STAT to be effective (defense limited) he has to score too. IN the beginning of the year Melo questioned whether he was taking too many shots and not helping his team. Self-recogniztion that he was being a ball hog.

    Now STAT looks like a glorified over-payed role player standing next to MELO when this shouldn't be

    COST A COACH HIS JOB It has been well documented that Melo quit on his team because he didn't want D'antoni to be here (regardless the coach was on his way out anyway but the rift couldn't help things)

    IS HIS WAY A WINNING FORMULA As demonstrated by the Miami Heat they all sacrificed their ego to play as a team. In the same playoff series, MELO gets his but we still don't win. Will ISO MELO do the same or live on the mantra that team will live or die on the amount of shots he takes. Dictating the overall effectness of the rest of the team. Just because Melo is a prolific scorer does not mean it leads to team wins reference the beginning of our disaster season

    In short Melo has got everything he wants now. He is the alpha dog the leader, he got rid of a coach, got rid of the most popular player on the team that was not him. As he put it its "his time" not the team "his"

    In my humble opinion we will not win with a one-deminesional prolific scorer at the head of this team. At best MELO should be a #2 option on a championship caliber team with someone else dictating shot distribution and making their teammates overall better and holding them ACCOUNTABLE

    I think we will still be in the quest for a championship while he is here but not win unless we trade STAT for a true #1 option
    I think he can be a championship caliber player. He needs to play with that same intensity he did when he carried the Knicks to that 18-6 stretch to finish the season. There are no excuses this season. He likes the coach and for the first time this roster will have some stability and a full training camp together, something Melo and Stat have yet to have.

    Let make sure I am not misreading what you wrote. Are you blaming Melo the Knicks losing Lin? Not sure where you are getting that from. Melo may have a lot to answer for but the Lin debacle is not one of them.

  15. #45
    Member Shaunyboy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm waiting for blob and den318 to come out of the closet and reveal themselves as Nets fans. Every post is negative and there is very little logic applied

Similar Threads

  1. 2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 334
    Last Post: Apr 24, 2013, 12:11
  2. Replies: 587
    Last Post: Mar 15, 2013, 14:58
  3. 2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread
    By FrazierVocab in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 252
    Last Post: Mar 07, 2013, 10:56
  4. Replies: 127
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2013, 14:47

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •