• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seba

Benchwarmer
LeBron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett

Those have been the lastest finals MVPs. He's not at that level leadership wise. (about talent, he is enferior, but in the same league IMO).

Den318

Benchwarmer
A guy that is out in the first round 8 out of 9 yrs is a championship player? He will not reach the final in his wildest dream. :teeth:

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Now that Linsanity has bordered the midnight train to Houston Lets look at our team objectively?
Do You think that Carmelo Anthony is Campionship Caliber player?

So far this is what Carmelo has cost us in our pursuit of the elusive Larry 'O Brian Trophy

YOUNG TALENT In the 13 player deal from hell, we gave up an entire basketball team consisting of Felton, Gallo, Chandler,Mozgov first and second round picks

Ego cost Jeremy Lin a starting PG shot here in NY

THE PHASE OUT OF STAT Since he got here not only has Melo been elevated to to be the teams chief leader but he has phased STAT out of games. STAT was a borderline MVP candidate two years ago and resurrected our franchise from the dull drums of hell. And what does he get in return he gets to play second fiddle when he took the chance to come play for NY first. lIn order for STAT to be effective (defense limited) he has to score too. IN the beginning of the year Melo questioned whether he was taking too many shots and not helping his team. Self-recogniztion that he was being a ball hog.

Now STAT looks like a glorified over-payed role player standing next to MELO when this shouldn't be

COST A COACH HIS JOB It has been well documented that Melo quit on his team because he didn't want D'antoni to be here (regardless the coach was on his way out anyway but the rift couldn't help things)

IS HIS WAY A WINNING FORMULA As demonstrated by the Miami Heat they all sacrificed their ego to play as a team. In the same playoff series, MELO gets his but we still don't win. Will ISO MELO do the same or live on the mantra that team will live or die on the amount of shots he takes. Dictating the overall effectness of the rest of the team. Just because Melo is a prolific scorer does not mean it leads to team wins reference the beginning of our disaster season

In short Melo has got everything he wants now. He is the alpha dog the leader, he got rid of a coach, got rid of the most popular player on the team that was not him. As he put it its "his time" not the team "his"

In my humble opinion we will not win with a one-deminesional prolific scorer at the head of this team. At best MELO should be a #2 option on a championship caliber team with someone else dictating shot distribution and making their teammates overall better and holding them ACCOUNTABLE

I think we will still be in the quest for a championship while he is here but not win unless we trade STAT for a true #1 option

I think he can be a championship caliber player. He needs to play with that same intensity he did when he carried the Knicks to that 18-6 stretch to finish the season. There are no excuses this season. He likes the coach and for the first time this roster will have some stability and a full training camp together, something Melo and Stat have yet to have.

Let make sure I am not misreading what you wrote. Are you blaming Melo the Knicks losing Lin? Not sure where you are getting that from. Melo may have a lot to answer for but the Lin debacle is not one of them.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;244557 said:
Why the F is there a Denver troll on here?

I always thought Den stood for Denny from Meet the Parents.

But I agree with the guy, 8 out of 9 years guy gets bounced out of First Round but now he is supposed to be Championship Caliber?

WeReady

Benchwarmer
I think he can be a championship caliber player. He needs to play with that same intensity he did when he carried the Knicks to that 18-6 stretch to finish the season. There are no excuses this season. He likes the coach and for the first time this roster will have some stability and a full training camp together, something Melo and Stat have yet to have.

Let make sure I am not misreading what you wrote. Are you blaming Melo the Knicks losing Lin? Not sure where you are getting that from. Melo may have a lot to answer for but the Lin debacle is not one of them.

I posed a question and you answered it, i gave reasons why our roster is in flux and that his presence has been detrimental to the team thus far. If his antics don't translate to wins then yes i soley blame him and him only on why the knicks are not headed in a positive direction

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
021a022c.jpg

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
I posed a question and you answered it, i gave reasons why our roster is in flux and that his presence has been detrimental to the team thus far. If his antics don't translate to wins then yes i soley blame him and him only on why the knicks are not headed in a positive direction

I can't argue with what your are saying too much but to call it the deal from hell and blaming Melo for that trade is unfair. Yes Melo could have waited and signed as free agent but ultimately it was the Knicks, more so Dolan, who pulled the trigger on that trade as they were desperate to bring another star to NY. The Knicks could have said f*** this guy and moved on. Let's not act like we gave a championship caliber team to get Melo but I do agree he will be the main reason if we lose or win. I won't go as far to say he would be soley to blame but a majority of it does fall on his shoulders.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;244874 said:
Melo stunk it up VS Argentina. Real bad. Got his whine on, the rest inevitably went to sh*t.

Oh word? Now I definitely have to watch the game. I hope it's on 360.

Not to harp on an old organ, but it was all smiles against DR and GB and something else against BRA and ARG. The middle-ground is missing and that's the zone where the killer instinct springs from.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Crazy⑧s;244874 said:
Melo stunk it up VS Argentina. Real bad. Got his whine on, the rest inevitably went to sh*t.
yeah he wasnt too good, but its just an exhibition game.
If he does this when it counts I'll be more harsh on him.

metrocard

Legend
The key to Carmelo's success will be how well he moves without the ball in his hands. Change his style to a Kevin Durant type game that way Carmelo doesn't have to create different angles or force up shots.

Sadly Carmelo is better at making difficult shots than easy shots...thats the problem we're forever going to be doomed with having Melo as the primary go to guy.