View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the MVP?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melo

30 69.77%
  • Durant

3 6.98%
  • LeBron

7 16.28%
  • None of the above

3 6.98%
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 216171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Are people seriously suggesting Melo's shot selection on that last play in regulation cost us the game? Think about the very first play in overtime, when Felton drew a defender and fed a wide-open Chandler in the paint. There were at least 2 chances for Felton to do that towards the end of regulation, but he fired shots instead.

If you want to point blame, look at Felton's decision making, and to a lesser extent, JR Smith's.

Melo gave everything in this game.

that shot was fine. let melo do his thang.

but, he got to make all his free throws. that's the only thing thats driving me mad.

I think he's just asked to do too much right now and he's running out of gas, they need to negate that by playing more team ball so he doesn't have to od carry the offensive load. And when Amare comes back he'll have a legit 2nd scorer if they implement Amare in effectively.

Anybody else feel like Melo playing almost exclusively the 4 and so much small ball has finally ran it's course. I wanna see him play more minutes back at his natural position more often I think having to guard and box out bigger players is taking a little bit of a toll on the guy. I still think there should be sets with him at the 4 though just no all the time or even most of the time.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Anybody else feel like Melo playing almost exclusively the 4 and so much small ball has finally ran it's course. I wanna see him play more minutes back at his natural position more often I think having to guard and box out bigger players is taking a little bit of a toll on the guy. I still think there should be sets with him at the 4 though just no all the time or even most of the time.
    yeah the 4 is good in spurts usually late in the half or the game making teams adjust to him rather than being beat up all night

Originally Posted by mafra
    That set the stage for Anthony, who finished with 35 points and 13 rebounds, to be the hero, but his 16-footer from the right side went just long.

Thats the look I wanted, Anthony said. Ill take that shot all day. Perfect look at it. I missed it. But thats the look I wanted.

(NY Post)

I realize it appears that Melo prefers that pull-up jumper from the elbow, more so than taking ball hard to the hoop, when he's in that late-game "clutch" situation. But I wonder if that mindset is b/c of the refs?

Basically, Melo has a 66% chance of something bad happening if he drives to the basketball.

More than any star, they seem to call an inordinate amount of offensive fouls on Anthony. He got space using his elbow last night and was called for the foul. Deron did the same thing, even wound up and brought the elbow down hard, then even used arm to seal defender as he drove around Felton's body before making a pass... a clearly worse offense than Carmelo... no foul.

And if a foul isn't called on Carmelo, he risks a flop to help amplify the effect, in order to get a call...

But even if that's ignored, then Carmelo realizes he's (most likely) going to get contact. Maybe not hammered, but enough hard contact somewhere to his body, which would be a foul to most stars, but will probably be ignored by the refs, and will definitely alter the shot attempt in some capacity.

Normally, if a star drives and a defensive player even swipes at the star as he drives, a whistle blows. In Anthony's case, they can shove the back, tug on his shorts, bang his body, do whatnot...

In other words, it's safer and less risk to just fake the penetration and pull-up. Now this poses a problem, b/c late in games Carmelo doesn't always have his legs.

We saw it in Dallas, then again against the Nets. Both games were the 2nd of back-to-back games (in consecutive nights). Tired legs, fear of bad stuff happening on the drive, equals 2 Ls.

Safest play is for Melo to drive to hoop, or be fed ball in post, use his body to draw the foul, & then swish the FTs.
    He wont get the call once he attacks..... or the refs will call an offensive foul on melo. Pick your poison, melo just doesn't get the star calls that he should be getting.

He fails in crunch against good defenders like Marion or Crash.
    And for sure Melo has to be consistent in playing some pressing in defense.
    He has to step up, if he wants to be one of the TOP 10 players in this league.

Superstar

Originally Posted by deamon
    He fails in crunch against good defenders like Marion or Crash.
    And for sure Melo has to be consistent in playing some pressing in defense.
    He has to step up, if he wants to be one of the TOP 10 players in this league.
    He's hit game winners on Marion, Deng, and Tony Allen. Stop making up things based on 2 games, you have no idea what you're talking about

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Melo is shooting 45% from 3pt. Is this sustainable? Can he keep it at 39-40%?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Melo is shooting 45% from 3pt. Is this sustainable? Can he keep it at 39-40%?
    its sustainable because their open 3's, once he starts jacking off the dribble it'll drop but if he stays patient from 3 and continues to work the mid-post to paint then he'll be fine, when STAT comes back and opens up the floor for Carmelo/JR/Novak/Kidd/Felton oh god

close to 27 and 7 at 47%...ballin

Will you take a look at this awesome athleticism by Carmelo?

Man, he was a hungry beast back in the day, I wish he attacks the rim like he used to.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Nyk Logo Novakaine: Melo Best In League Right Now.

Carmelo Anthony has found out that the New York fans and media will be the first to boo him when he plays poorly, and the first to applaud him when he is playing well. Unfortunately for him, until this year, he had received more criticism than applause in his time as a Knick.

So far this year, the Knicks have been a pleasant surprise, and Melo has been a big reason why. Hes averaging over 26 points and 7 rebounds per game, and Knicks fans are loving it. Steve Novak is loving it as well, and has some high praise for his teammate. Via Real GM:

Carmelo Anthony heard chants of MVP from the Madison Square Garden crowd Sunday in a victory over the Phoenix Suns and Steve Novak echoed the sentiment.

I think the way Carmelos been playing (pause), I mean hes the best player in the league right now, said Novak while discussing New Yorks 18-1 home record under coach Mike Woodson.

Carmelo Anthony is certainly one of the most polarizing players in the league; you either think hes one of the few best players in the league, or you think hes more of an overrated talent. He has caught a lot of criticism over the years for his lack of defensive effort and his isolation style of offense that often takes his teammates out of the game.

Novak is supporting his teammate, but its hard to believe his words with guys like LeBron James, Kevin Durant, and Dwight Howard in the league.

Novak of course is just supporting the team leader as he should, Carmelo is playing very impressive this year.. the guy is diving on the floor for balls (pause) , playing defense, rebounding and moving the ball fairly well.

Carmelo the best player in the league right now? it's debatable everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Durants really tearing $hit up right now as well.

kobe "tai" lol have 5 Bron got 1 wade got 2 so now its time for MELO for 1st. Then maybe for KD