View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the MVP?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melo

30 69.77%
  • Durant

3 6.98%
  • LeBron

7 16.28%
  • None of the above

3 6.98%
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 620212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

At this moment Durant is main candidate to win it.
    OKC with best record, Durant best in +/- in entire league, so he helps most for his team.

Kobe and Melo both have alot of respect for each other.

Melo is the toughest player to guard in the NBA..he can beat you so many ways, i mean he doesn't have the strength of Lebron, Lebrons like a Freight train coming at you, but off pure isolation skills Carmelo is a deadly player to guard.

Durant is pretty tough to guard to because he's just so tall and has lengthy arms, he can just shoot right over you he's a very efficient player but lacks a legit post game

But if were playing the 1 vs 1 game i got my money on carmelo any day of the week. ( Can handle the rock, efficient Post game, Can get to the basket, & A cold blooded scorer)

If the season ends today I give it to Melo....Durant probably has better numbers, but who would have thought that Melo would have put the team on his back and carry us to the #1 seed in the east without Amare and Shump, similar to how TC won DPOY last year on impact and not stats.

Where Melo ends up at the end of the season? No one knows. We will wait and see, but so far so good.....

Had these conversations early in STAT's first season here as he tore up teams dropping 30+ in 9 straight. But in the end he couldn't continue to go all year at that level. It remains to be seen if Carmelo can hang in there playing at both ends of the floor at this high of a level for the entire season.

Getting STAT back into the rotation and taking some of the burden will allow more room and energy from Melo which should translate very well on the floor. I think right now Melo would win it. But time will tell.

but Lebron got only animal dunk i never say his layup from action only from paint maybe he cant layup?

Durant is like Dirk simply black and younger version of Dirk

Kobe is no Defender at all 4 me he is just scoring machine himself

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Kobe is one of the best defenders of all time at the 2 and the 3. Lebron and Melo are not your typical 3 as everyone knows. They are best with their back to the basket / triple threat because of the options it gives them / stress it puts on the defense. Kobe is 100% right on this.

Kobe Bryant

• 9 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 3 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    Kobe is one of the best defenders of all time at the 2 and the 3. Lebron and Melo are not your typical 3 as everyone knows. They are best with their back to the basket / triple threat because of the options it gives them / stress it puts on the defense. Kobe is 100% right on this.

Kobe Bryant

• 9 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • 3 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    The guy worked at it too. His length, his IQ. He's right up there with MJ defensively, a little lagging behind Pippen, but his one on one, off ball skills are top notch.

-Hardest players to defend based on their skills:

Melo,Kobe and then comes Durant

Durant's length helps him too. As for Melo, he is stronger than durant, but durant makes it up with his enthusiasm/hunger.. When durant builds some more muscle, he might easily surpass lebron, that would be scary as fukc!

As for kobe, he has been a hardworking player all of his career, we dont see many skillful players who work on improving themselves everyday like he does. He doesn't have the length of durant nor the body strength of melo, but he makes it up with his will.

-Hardest players to defend based on their bodies:

LeBron and Dirk

Obviously lebron and dirk have skills, but lebron's athleticism helps him a lot. Dirk's length helps him hugely, plus he is skillful enough to shoot the ball without any care about defense due to his length.

I think Lebron has more velocity when hes on the fast break with the ball but Melo might be just as strong as him when backing down an opponent. Ive seen some people say even a little stronger. I still think Kobe's right there though too, hes got more moves then any other shooting guard all time. He does have his off nights but he often knows what the defense is gonna do before they know what their gonna do. The way i see it theirs a legit argument for Kobe, Durant, Lebron, and Carmelo for toughest player to guard in the league. But Lebrons the least dangerous from mid range and long range.

Default Carmelo Anthony and Hakeem Olajuwon Workouts

no dying his hardwork and dedication this year, he wants it

Melo number 3 in the NBA in per after tonight for what its worth..

Not really interested in watching 40 minutes of this but it's certainly interesting to a degree... Everything looks so subtle. Also scary to see Melo's pump fake up close and not in the game setting where you can't see as clearly... I seriously thought he was about to do a jumper every time I saw him fake.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Not really interested in watching 40 minutes of this but it's certainly interesting to a degree... Everything looks so subtle. Also scary to see Melo's pump fake up close and not in the game setting where you can't see as clearly... I seriously thought he was about to do a jumper every time I saw him fake.
    its a good watch if you're ever trying to kill time. Hakeem understands angles and footwork unlike anyone. I see it when Melo attacks his pauses and continuations are exceptional this year keeping defenders off balance

Cool

If Melo is not the MVP, someone please tell me what more does he have to do?

Another 30pt. game, and his importance and leadership is unquestionable.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

ESPN is hating so hard on Melo claiming he doesn't deserve MVP.

Melo is by FAR the best player on the best team in the East...that alone gives him the MVP....his only competition right now is Chris Paul and Kevin Durant....but Melo is a top 3 MVP candidate right now. I'll throw in LeBron once the Heat take the #1 seed again.