View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the MVP?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melo

30 69.77%
  • Durant

3 6.98%
  • LeBron

7 16.28%
  • None of the above

3 6.98%
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 923242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

^ KG knees Melo in the dick at 0:07

12th man

If anyone who thinks Melo could of kept his cool, try being in his position and see how you would react. Kobe, Jordan or anyone never has a full quadricep inserted in their crotch while posting up. I don't care if Melo went 0-26 tonight, Celtics fouled him at will and Violet Palmer missed so many blatant calls like this which should of been a technical.

That's a fight on my block...KG is a f*gg*t.
    Melo was just reacting to KG's b*llsh*t, if you don't think you'll react to that you're a pussified punk. Type of person to let someone slap and spit you in the face. Melo stood up for himself, because KG is a punk protected by the league.
    Last edited by metrocard; Jan 08, 2013 at 02:07.

Take it for what it's worth but iBob said KG was talking about Melos wife also

I think Melo should have tried to focus on winning then see him after the game. I can't blame him though because he said something about his wife.

12th man

People killing Melo... Let's remember that KG called Charlie Villanueva a "cancer patient," no clue what he said to Melo. I heard it about LaLa.

12th man

Anyway, I'm Carmelo Anthony's biggest fan right now. What he did is exactly how I want him to represent the Knicks. We've taken enough ****, and it's finally time to start breaking faces.

Cool Words of wisdom

Good teams win on the road; play defense; keep their composure; excel in the face of adversity; don't let the refs dictate outcomes; rebound; hit foul shots; adapt; and learn from their mistakes.

Great teams do it consistenly!

We're already good... the question is do we want to be great?

Melo you are a leader. Don't fall for the divide-and-conquer.

Class dismissed.

12th man

#TeamMelo

12th man

Originally Posted by Red
    Good teams win on the road; play defense; keep their composure; excel in the face of adversity; don't let the refs dictate outcomes; rebound; hit foul shots; adapt; and learn from their mistakes.

Great teams do it consistenly!

We're already good... the question is do we want to be great?

Melo you are a leader. Don't fall for the divide-and-conquer.

Class dismissed.

Signature size is too massive, (don't get me wrong, it's my favorite signature on the board) but if you could re-edit to this size it'll be easier to read your post.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Anyway, I'm Carmelo Anthony's biggest fan right now. What he did is exactly how I want him to represent the Knicks. We've taken enough ****, and it's finally time to start breaking faces.
    I'd still like to see him keep his composure ON THE COURT...but I can't criticize cause I don't know exactly what went down...

Having said that, what he did OFF the court, i.e. waiting at the bus...I dunno, that don't sound too cool to me. Again I don't know the whole story but this is not a good sign. The "new" Melo has to make better decisions IMHO.

i like Melo, and i understand his frustration with being knocked in the nuts and having
    KG insult his wife, but to overreact by fouling on purpose, getting ask-for-it technicals,
    and by shooting and shooting in anger and getting away from the flow of the game,
    at the expense of your team is selfish. he is itching to be suspended and
    that will be the ultimate selfish move.

KG and Pierce know how to get under their opponent's skin, and know how to control
    themselves in the pace of the game. can't say the same for Rondo, but that's another story.

Melo needs to take a chill pill that will carry over to the professional arena. he still has some
    maturing to do before he's considered for MVP, because that performance last night
    was not MVP material.

we need the beginning of the year Melo, the one who passed out of double teams and kept his cool.

I think Clyde needs to talk to him.

Veteran

Yeah, it was a rough game for Melo, but honestly it was a refreshing change to see him respond in a way. Everyone in the NBA knows that Kevin Garnett is the biggest jackass in the league. FFS Tim Duncan, maybe the nicest guy ever, hates him...if you're such a jackass that Tim Duncan hates you...

Plus, I honestly think Melo would destroy him in a fight. Of all the thugs in the NBA...Melo's the only true thug.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    If anyone who thinks Melo could of kept his cool, try being in his position and see how you would react. Kobe, Jordan or anyone never has a full quadricep inserted in their crotch while posting up. I don't care if Melo went 0-26 tonight, Celtics fouled him at will and Violet Palmer missed so many blatant calls like this which should of been a technical.

That's a fight on my block...KG is a f*gg*t.
    Melo was just reacting to KG's b*llsh*t, if you don't think you'll react to that you're a pussified punk. Type of person to let someone slap and spit you in the face. Melo stood up for himself, because KG is a punk protected by the league.
    Word up Metro! KG is one of those tall dudes that never had a fight in his life & would get stomped in the real world for running his mouth. This is one of my fave clips:

12th man

melo lost his cool and apparently he's no longer a great player and we'll never win in the playoffs. that's basically what I'm seeing around the NBA consensus...idiots.

12th man

Barbara Barker ‏@meanbarb

More Melo: "I lost my cool yesterday. I accept that. But certain things that push certain people's buttons." #Knicks

8m Barbara Barker Barbara Barker ‏@meanbarb

Carmelo on what kg said: Something "you shouldn't say to a grown man." #Knicks