2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Who do you think will win the MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Anthony still looks like he is playing Nigeria. Keep the ball moving and spot shoot, lots of ISO but we build leads when we are swinging the ball around the horn for the open 3 ball. Live or Die by the three when its not falling ISO Melo and Smith. As long as we win fine by me

KingCharles34

All Star
The funny thing is through 2 games Carmelo has a total of only 3 assists but nobody cares. Nobody cares because hes been a beast on defense. Hes lookin like he wants to be 1st team all Defense this year

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Carmelo's a small/power forward, not a point guard. With our PG trio of Ray/Kidd/Prigs I don't really care how many dimes Melo will hand, what I do care about is his scoring, rebounding and giving max effort on D and that's what he's done so far, so there is nothing to complain about.

KingCharles34

All Star
Let me just say i could care less about any of Carmelo's stats, a wins a win. But so many people on ESPN, on here and even Walt Clyde Frazier had something to say about what Melo should average. Clyde said something like 20, 10 and 5. No disprespect to Clyde or anyone but Carmelo shouldnt give a f*ck about what anyone says he should do. Anytime u do things because u feel u should, it doesnt work out. Carmelo is doing what he wants to do, hes being his own boss which has made him more of a leader. You cant care what your teammates think of you when u tell them what to do

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Let me just say i could care less about any of Carmelo's stats, a wins a win. But so many people on ESPN, on here and even Walt Clyde Frazier had something to say about what Melo should average. Clyde said something like 20, 10 and 5. No disprespect to Clyde or anyone but Carmelo shouldnt give a f*ck about what anyone says he should do. Anytime u do things because u feel u should, it doesnt work out. Carmelo is doing what he wants to do, hes being his own boss which has made him more of a leader. You cant care what your teammates think of you when u tell them what to do

All clyde said was that Camelo had the talent to average that, he never said he had to or should average that.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Can the case be made for Carmelo having the quickest hands on defense?

Its the boxing he did over the past few summers, he's got what Clyde calls "sleight of hand"

But no, nobody is gonna him the best, fastest anything.

Remember guys he sucks, over rated, one dimensional, no defense, 1st round bum

metrocard

Legend
just gotta fix those numbers, %'s are still a little too low and his assists numbers should be higher

but his overall impact has been greater than any player in the league

Yea, Melo's been consistent also. Another great game against an elite Dallas team.

I love Melo's block shots, they're mad disrespectful and effortless.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Yea, Melo's been consistent also. Another great game against an elite Dallas team.

I love Melo's block shots, they're mad disrespectful and effortless.

He gotta keep his cool and focus on the FT line as well as continue to drive more

2/5 from 3 is great but 9/14 from the line is unacceptable, you dont leave 5 points at the line

I think he could also attack the boards more

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Melo @ the 4 tonight with his crisp passing was a difference maker. Unselfish, timely ball to go with 12 boards as the undersized power player.

He was awesome, and I feel like he'll not get enough dap for his efforts.

deamon

Benchwarmer
If he wants to be at MVP level, he has to step up in crunch time in close gmaes. Those are most important shots. Forget about winning PO with missing shots like that.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
If he wants to be at MVP level, he has to step up in crunch time in close gmaes. Those are most important shots. Forget about winning PO with missing shots like that.

He's proven he can hit those. Second to Kobe in game winning shots since 2003. He's going to miss some every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk